Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who would live in a house like this ?

Who would live in a house like this ?

Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who would live in a house like this ?

Originally Posted by nicanjoe
Does the price include the land? It's great if it does, not that I would buy something like that. We have something similar, two story 4 bed, sep living/dining plus a fully finished basement etc. and we are going to buy a little bungalow in a suburb around perth, because a big house means big bills, more time to clean it, more rooms to mess up, I'm tired of it, I want a little place so I can actually enjoy my life and my husband will be home more often cause he won't have to work soooooooo many hours to pay the big bills for the big house. Just my experience, the house is beautiful though, and if I had a couple of million and a maid, I might consider it!

Nicanjoe
The house I posted was AUD $480k and included land.....so about £204k
in blighty pounds..........can see it is not to everyones taste and not everyone has $480k as a budget (I don't yet know waht I can afford) but as a comparison (yeah yeah, I know you gotta earn oz dollars first) to me it looked value for money........

......reason why is 'cos real estate in NSW is in doldrums at the moment so people heading there are in a buyers market.

Affording a house is one thing and should come before deciding if you can be arsed cleaning it surely?......cleaning it is what the kids earn their pocket money at don't they ?.........with the kids I got you gotta have some space to separate us all from when we start getting on each others nerves.....which with my over active trio is regular !!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:06 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by possoms
How about this one in Tas $600K

HAS ROOKSIE HAD A HAND IN THE FURNISHINGS???

well i was only thinking of bixie i want him to feel right at home when he comes round
Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:11 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rooksie
well i was only thinking of bixie i want him to feel right at home when he comes round
aye though most people put a bowl of nuts out, not two snack geeraffes
Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:17 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olibeneli
in blighty pounds..........can see it is not to everyones taste and not everyone has $480k as a budget (I don't yet know waht I can afford) but as a comparison (yeah yeah, I know you gotta earn oz dollars first) to me it looked value for money........

Affording a house is one thing and should come before deciding if you can be arsed cleaning it surely?......cleaning it is what the kids earn their pocket money at don't they ?.........with the kids I got you gotta have some space to separate us all from when we start getting on each others nerves.....which with my over active trio is regular !!
I agree with most of your post whole hearted....but

""""......reason why is 'cos real estate in NSW is in doldrums at the moment so people heading there are in a buyers market.""""""

do not read doldrums for cheap......depending on where you live and what you bring over...chances are to live less than 50 mins commute from Sydney CBD you are going to be paying a bigger mortgage than you ever did in the UK. I thought this place was expensive four years ago I am being re educated with prices that the new immigrants are paying for the same area less house!
Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:42 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

aye though most people put a bowl of nuts out, not two snack geeraffes

generous to a fault me
Old Feb 24th 2006, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra
I agree with most of your post whole hearted....but

""""......reason why is 'cos real estate in NSW is in doldrums at the moment so people heading there are in a buyers market.""""""

do not read doldrums for cheap......depending on where you live and what you bring over...chances are to live less than 50 mins commute from Sydney CBD you are going to be paying a bigger mortgage than you ever did in the UK. I thought this place was expensive four years ago I am being re educated with prices that the new immigrants are paying for the same area less house!
I completely ditto that, Sydney still has a long way to go (30%+ imo) before it becomes a buyers market.

That's the reason we have delayed coming to Sydney for a year, just to save to the extreme so that eventually we can put down a deposit on a house, the prices are mad there.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant future

......reason why is 'cos real estate in NSW is in doldrums at the moment so people heading there are in a buyers market.

Good point about the kids, I was hoping their space would be outside ha ha. The cleaning for pocket money idea wouldn't work too well on my 5 year old, he's just not that good at cleaning, although he'd work for a dime happily. I think it is a beautiful house and very very well priced being that the land is included I haven't seen anything close to that in Perth, even for more money. We saw a few two stories (not nearly as nice as this one) and they are over 400K without the land.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wargod
Couldnt see anything - try www.clarendonhomes.com.au - they have a couple of similar ones - i have a couple of other QLD builders on my website (address below) on the links page/builders.
many thanks
Old Feb 24th 2006, 6:06 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Who would live in a house like this ?

Who said anything about it being on a small block?
The online advertisement:

Block Size: 589m2

Building size: Approx. 325 m2
Source.

Which is simply ridiculous.

I had a quarter-acre block back home, and wouldn't settle for anything less.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 6:33 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
The online advertisement:

Block Size: 589m2

Building size: Approx. 325 m2
Source.

Which is simply ridiculous.

I had a quarter-acre block back home, and wouldn't settle for anything less.
Good for you Vash. Round that neck of the woods (I believe the OP's relatives live there hence his reason for investigating that area) - nearly 600m2 is a bloody good sized block. Most of the ones we've been looking at around there are more like 550m2 - you don't start getting into 1000m2 until the 600k mark comes up - unless of course you're happy to live somewhere down market. Fact is, the South Coast has been 'settled' for a long time (in Australian terms), it's extremely popular and any new blocks that come onto the market are as the result of sub-division. Most of the older properties have had their acreage chopped up long ago to cash in on the house prices. You might well get sodding great blocks and big houses up or down country, but not round there.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:06 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Who would live in a house like this ?

Originally Posted by Hutch
Good for you Vash. Round that neck of the woods (I believe the OP's relatives live there hence his reason for investigating that area) - nearly 600m2 is a bloody good sized block. Most of the ones we've been looking at around there are more like 550m2 - you don't start getting into 1000m2 until the 600k mark comes up - unless of course you're happy to live somewhere down market. Fact is, the South Coast has been 'settled' for a long time (in Australian terms), it's extremely popular and any new blocks that come onto the market are as the result of sub-division. Most of the older properties have had their acreage chopped up long ago to cash in on the house prices. You might well get sodding great blocks and big houses up or down country, but not round there.
Crikey, that's just frightening.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:40 am

Didnt any one like the Tassie house I put up??
Old Feb 25th 2006, 12:52 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Didnt any one like the Tassie house I put up??
Not really the style of house that I like (or furnishings! ), but what spectacular views!
Old Feb 25th 2006, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Not really the style of house that I like (or furnishings! ), but what spectacular views!
Yep its the location and views for sure, some of the inside pics are really crap but changable, ah well still out of our price bracket so OH says
Old Feb 25th 2006, 1:29 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep its the location and views for sure, some of the inside pics are really crap but changable, ah well still out of our price bracket so OH says
I just looked at the actual link you posted, I only looked at the couple of pics you posted before - I take it back, it is the sort of house that I would like, I love those internal doors! Nothing in there that couldnt be easily changed like the carpets, wall colour etc, I'd buy it (if I was going to live on a small block again ) especially for that price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.