British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Who would live in a house like this ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/who-would-live-house-like-357086/)

Olibeneli Feb 23rd 2006 11:59 am

Who would live in a house like this ?

2 Attachment(s)
I might if I had the dosh !

If you want to know where and how much pm me

toon williams Feb 23rd 2006 12:03 pm

Re: Who would live in a house like this ?

Originally Posted by Olibeneli

Looks a bit small for us!! :rolleyes:

LindyLooPot Feb 23rd 2006 12:38 pm

Hi

I have tried to PM you - please let me know if you get it.

If not PM me the details please.

Just curios? :(

wargod Feb 23rd 2006 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by LindyLooPot
Hi

I have tried to PM you - please let me know if you get it.

If not PM me the details please.

Just curios? :(

http://allhomes.com.au/c/ah?a=sp&p=248498 .... perhaps??

Olibeneli Feb 23rd 2006 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by wargod

Thats the one...........nice I thought for the price.

wargod Feb 23rd 2006 12:58 pm

Thats the one...........nice I thought for the price.

Definately good value - shame they dont build QLD way though

Amazulu Feb 23rd 2006 1:06 pm

Looks a bit like the guest house at the bottom our garden.:)

Hutch Feb 23rd 2006 2:21 pm

lol! But it's in Albion Park! Home of the McMansion! I can honestly say neither the house, nor the location appeal to me in the slightest. :)

lor Feb 23rd 2006 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Hutch
lol! But it's in Albion Park! Home of the McMansion! I can honestly say neither the house, nor the location appeal to me in the slightest. :)

Hmmm,nice can i have one in Melbourne please ! (i know in my dreams ) :)

Olibeneli Feb 23rd 2006 2:36 pm

Agreed.........location could be a query but sometimes beggars can't be choosers........as a family with kids we need to be near other families with kids so that they can play without having to get a mum or dad taxi service.

Any other locations you know down Illawarra where for this money you could get something like this?..........any idea what shell cove is like?

Hutch Feb 23rd 2006 2:58 pm

Agreed.........location could be a query but sometimes beggars can't be choosers........as a family with kids we need to be near other families with kids so that they can play without having to get a mum or dad taxi service.

Any other locations you know down Illawarra where for this money you could get something like this?..........any idea what shell cove is like?

Yea I know mate - in retrospect it was a snobby thing to say, but have you visited Albion Park? Don't know Shell Cove (even though it keeps popping up in my realestate.com.au email alerts!) - but if you could live slighty further south, Kiama Downs represents very good value for money and ticks some of the boxes you mention above. :)

jonjon Feb 23rd 2006 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by wargod

is there one of these for queensland

Olibeneli Feb 23rd 2006 3:32 pm

Yea I know mate - in retrospect it was a snobby thing to say, but have you visited Albion Park? Don't know Shell Cove (even though it keeps popping up in my realestate.com.au email alerts!) - but if you could live slighty further south, Kiama Downs represents very good value for money and ticks some of the boxes you mention above. :)

Haven't really visited the area aside a few days in Flinders, but my wife has visited it and likes the house.

We need to be near the school in Dunmore and also reasonable commute to Wollongong in case that is where my wife ends up working at the hospital. I think the school may run a bus from Kiama........so that could help.....let me check.......

yes it does....starts at Kiama hospital so is that in the right area?

Also be nice to be near my cousins though who live up Flinders and Barrack Point Way.........shell cove is going to have a marina I understand.

Hutch Feb 23rd 2006 4:29 pm

Haven't really visited the area aside a few days in Flinders, but my wife has visited it and likes the house.

We need to be near the school in Dunmore and also reasonable commute to Wollongong in case that is where my wife ends up working at the hospital. I think the school may run a bus from Kiama........so that could help.....let me check.......

yes it does....starts at Kiama hospital so is that in the right area?

Also be nice to be near my cousins though who live up Flinders and Barrack Point Way.........shell cove is going to have a marina I understand.

Not sure, but Kiama Downs is on the road out of town towards Dunmore. Now I think about it, I have been to Shell Cove. It's a very new area, loads of McMansions - not the worst one I've been to, but definitely has that 'Wimpy Estate' feel to it. There's a bloody great show home estate there you can wander around which gives you an idea of what the building companies can produce if you find a decent block. :)

Vash the Stampede Feb 23rd 2006 5:03 pm

I wouldn't.

It looks tacky and characterless; straight from the catalogue to you. :rolleyes: