Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who are the worse drivers?

who are the worse drivers?

Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

optus has a spectacular aura aboutoptus has a spectacular aura aboutoptus has a spectacular aura about
Default who are the worse drivers?

I have been shocked by how bad the driving is in OZ. They:
Won't let you out.
Drive right up your ars#.
Hog the ouside lane.
Have no idea how to signal at round abouts.

Their driving is almost as bad as you will find in Stoke-on-Trent!

Optus
Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

Chalkfarm will become famous soon enough
Default Re: who are the worse drivers?

I agree completly,I have been shocked at the driving in Sydney.The worst is no one ever thanks you for letting them go.They just look at you like you are a nutter...
Originally Posted by optus
Won't let you out.
Hog the ouside lane.

Optus
Old Jun 10th 2005, 3:51 am
PommieLeague

Won't let you out.
Hog the ouside lane.

Optus
Well said, nice to see people on here who arent of the 'political correct' variety and speak about the nonsense going on.
Cheers
PL

Old Jun 10th 2005, 5:31 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Won't let you out.
Hog the ouside lane.

Optus

altho I had read this b4, I was kinda hoping it wasn't that bad!

I drive for a living and cannot do my job as I get too worked up with other drivers stupidity sounds like I'm in for fun in Oz altho WON'T be driving for a living so maybe I'll chill.

HOPE SO!
Old Jun 11th 2005, 2:42 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Jim2004
altho I had read this b4, I was kinda hoping it wasn't that bad!

I drive for a living and cannot do my job as I get too worked up with other drivers stupidity sounds like I'm in for fun in Oz altho WON'T be driving for a living so maybe I'll chill.

HOPE SO!
I'll be interested in hearing your comments after you move here.

I remember when I moved to Sydney in 1986, after driving in London for ages, I commented that Sydney was like an English Village in comparison to London.

My views on Sydney are now VERY different, but there has been a lot more migration to Sydney from London since then

Old Jun 11th 2005, 3:13 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Cool Re: who are the worse drivers?

Who said stoke on trent drivers are bad!!!!!!!!!

Don't class us with the aussie drivers over here......they are nutters.....can't signal, can't make there minds up which lane to stay in, drive up your arse end....shit they are mad.......

Us stoke driver are pretty good drivers......

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

I remember when I moved to Sydney in 1986, after driving in London for ages, I commented that Sydney was like an English Village in comparison to London.

My views on Sydney are now VERY different, but there has been a lot more migration to Sydney from London since then
Old Jun 11th 2005, 4:02 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Boomie
Who said stoke on trent drivers are bad!!!!!!!!!

Don't class us with the aussie drivers over here......they are nutters.....can't signal, can't make there minds up which lane to stay in, drive up your arse end....shit they are mad.......

Us stoke driver are pretty good drivers......

ok, ok maybe you are a good driver husband dear....... but your general knowledge was indeed lacking on passing ure theory!

boomie
x
Old Jun 11th 2005, 4:45 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Well fingers crossed I may one day let you know!

I'm sure i'll be ok. Driving for a living is just not me. I did it on a Motorbike for a while, and no probs at all (aprt from bad crashes ) but on 4 wheels it's all over!

I drive in the early hours to avoid the London traffic, but it's drunks or traffic! ...lol, altho no, not EVERY passenger has been drinking! ...... just most! ...lol
Old Jun 11th 2005, 7:58 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: who are the worse drivers?

By far the worst drivers are the ones with TAXI on their vehicles!

Probably the same in any country too!

R.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 8:00 am
Prisoner of Her Majesty

samnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud ofsamnrob2 has much to be proud of

Middle lane drivers - the lot of them.

I had this same conversation with my Australian work colleagues on Thursday

R
Old Jun 11th 2005, 9:00 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Won't let you out.
Hog the ouside lane.

Optus
Hey Optus what you trying to say about us stoke on trenters???
I am ok at driving and hubby thinks hes better than me...
where are you now living

Ang
Old Jun 11th 2005, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Won't let you out.
Hog the ouside lane.

Optus
Are you sure you don't mean London?
Old Jun 11th 2005, 12:20 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by pako
Are you sure you don't mean London?
you know your're in a bad situation when the local press has articles about how to navigate around a two laned roundabout!

It's a real dog eat dog scenario here in sydney. half a second late in getting off the mark at the lights and they are on the horn...

And that's in the car.... i ride a bike as well... Despite having PR i keep getting remided that that R (motorcycle endorsement) on my NSW licence reduces any existence in Aus to temporary...

In recent years i understand they are making the driving test and training more structured and at a higher level. Still from what i can gather from colleagues it is still at a lot lower level than the UK. Plus 80% only have automatic licenses so arguably have not gained the same lavel of control of a car....

I travel a lot for work, hiring cars wherever i go and SYdney is the worst by far.....
Old Jun 11th 2005, 2:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Carruss
By far the worst drivers are the ones with TAXI on their vehicles!

Probably the same in any country too!

R.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 3:21 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Old people and VOLVO drivers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.