Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who are we really talking too?

Who are we really talking too?

Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Who are we really talking too?

A couple of really nasty, dare I say threatening messages have been sent to me yesterday. Linked it seems to someone from here who does not like the way I post.

You think coming on here would be pretty safe. I mean its a board for people living in OZ, if I was entering some forum for a bizzare sect or sex site I might expect to be contacted by weirdos but not on a Forum for adults who's only interest is moving from one country to another.

I'd just like to say take care with your personal details everyone, seems like moving is not the only thing on some peoples agenda.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:18 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Re: Who are we really talking too?

Originally posted by dotty
A couple of really nasty, dare I say threatening messages have been sent to me yesterday. Linked it seems to someone from here who does not like the way I post.

You think coming on here would be pretty safe. I mean its a board for people living in OZ, if I was entering some forum for a bizzare sect or sex site I might expect to be contacted by weirdos but not on a Forum for adults who's only interest is moving from one country to another.

I'd just like to say take care with your personal details everyone, seems like moving is not the only thing on some peoples agenda.
I am sorry to hear this Dotty...
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:19 pm
Go Banana's !!

Bump ...

Think everyone should take notice of this.
Thanks for the warning - I'm the worlds worst for giving too much away - will think next time.

Hope it wasn't too awful for you - can you not report it and get them fried off into cyber vapour ?

Jill

Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:21 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

There are plenty of people who post their e-mail addresses up here. My advice is don't for privacy and to prevent spam.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:23 pm
WBB

i wonder if this is the same weirdo that sent me those messages last week......

Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Graham & Kath is an unknown quantity at this point

Scary stuff Dotty!!!

Do you know who it is.....this forum is becoming a bit personal recently - I think everyone should take a step back and just think a moment "No really we dont know who the hell we're talking to" weirdos do get in everywhere (no pun meant)!!

Kath
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:45 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

I have just removed my details after reading this thread.

Thought this site was suppossed to be informative, helpful and a bit of a laugh.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:48 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Jack Daws

Thought this site was suppossed to be informative, helpful and a bit of a laugh.
It is all of those things Jack.
Unfortunately it seems a bit more too.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:50 pm
WBB

bit late for me to do that really.

not that i care, come and have a go if you think your hard enuf.

the taffia will sort you out.

Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:55 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
bit late for me to do that really.

not that i care, come and have a go if you think your hard enuf.

the taffia will sort you out.

I have your number :scared: :scared: :scared:

Sheep boy
Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:57 pm
WBB

I have your number :scared: :scared: :scared:

Sheep boy
did you 1471 me?

Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:12 pm
Banned

Originally posted by WBB
did you 1471 me?

Caller ID

Not really.

Couldnt understand a word you were saying so thought waste of time
Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:12 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Oh Dotty - what a awful thing - why can't some people just accept that sometimes people hold differing opinions from them but that doesn't mean you have to be nasty about it.

And via PM is the sly cowardly way of doing it.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:36 pm
Merlot

Default Not Nice!

Oh this is a worry, how do I protect myself and my personal e-mail getting out to the nutty ones?

Dotty hope you have had nicer ones since this. Bit crap to go through this!

The Forum is not about threats its about experience. Play nicely children!

Merlot

Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:37 pm
WBB

Default Re: Not Nice!

Originally posted by Merlot
Oh this is a worry, how do I protect myself and my personal e-mail getting out to the nutty ones?
i have your email.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.