Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who is waiting on the yellow envelope??????

Who is waiting on the yellow envelope??????

Old Jul 5th 2005, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Ian_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura about
Talking Who is waiting on the yellow envelope??????

Just wondering if any one knows why nobody seems to have had their visa yet!! According to the average time line we should have heard this week, but nothing yet! Have we judge it wrong? Is there something we dont know, as there are others who sent the application the same time as us!!

Our problem is that we dont have an agent, or a nominated case worker unless he/she is the silent type. Does any one have any advice on how their applications are going?

We have contacted the processing centre, but we have snotty replies stating its just a case of waiting and contacting them will only hold them up nice.

cheers guys!!!
Old Jul 5th 2005, 9:08 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is waiting on the yellow envelope??????

Originally Posted by Ian_H
Just wondering if any one knows why nobody seems to have had their visa yet!! According to the average time line we should have heard this week, but nothing yet! Have we judge it wrong? Is there something we dont know, as there are others who sent the application the same time as us!!

Our problem is that we dont have an agent, or a nominated case worker unless he/she is the silent type. Does any one have any advice on how their applications are going?

We have contacted the processing centre, but we have snotty replies stating its just a case of waiting and contacting them will only hold them up nice.

cheers guys!!!
Have you read the immigration forum? There has been loads of "got it" threads there since July 1st. There may be some delay because DIMIA ran out of visas in mid-June and only got their new quota on July 1st. Hang on in there, I'm also waiting - any day now
Old Jul 5th 2005, 9:09 pm
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

cheers guys!!!

Keep calm...the waiting will soon be over and then the real fun begins !!

I'd heard that you shouldn't contact them. Workload / hinderance / patience blah blah.....it's tough, we're 1.5 years into this process but still patiently waiting.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

hubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nice

We, like others, have been waiting over a year so I hope we are in the priority queue - but am losing hope of any fairness when it comes to this visa process. Sorry Ian, but our need and frustration is double yours based on the time it has taken.

Regards - a very frustrated and fed up visa applicant.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

cheers guys!!!
Excuse me if I'm being dumb, but according to your timeline you sent the meds before the application. How did you know what file number to put on them?
Old Jul 5th 2005, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Ian_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura about

cheers, I will have a look on the immigration forum and live in hope!!

I can appreciate there are others out there who have waited longer than us, we are just nervous as we have carried this out without an agent so we dont get any form of feedback!!

Fingers crossed we may possibly here shortly, and the rest of us waiting!!
Old Jul 5th 2005, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Who is waiting on the yellow envelope??????

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Excuse me if I'm being dumb, but according to your timeline you sent the meds before the application. How did you know what file number to put on them?

Hi, we didn't put a number on the medicals!! We contacted the processing centre, and they stated that the medicals will go to the medical centre in Oz (I cant think of the name), and when the processing centre is ready will request it from the medical centre and not to worry. We sent the visa a week after the medicals had gone, and so we are hoping that the timing was right.

We haven't heard a thing not even a request, so we are seriously in limbo but live in hope!!!
Old Jul 5th 2005, 9:40 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still waiting but not so patiently now we've booked the flights with no visa :scared:
There are loads of people infront of you in the queue that haven't heard anything yet and there have been plenty of people posting 'got it' since last Friday.
Pop down to the immigration forum and you'll get a better idea.
Marie
Old Jul 5th 2005, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Hi, we didn't put a number on the medicals!! We contacted the processing centre, and they stated that the medicals will go to the medical centre in Oz (I cant think of the name), and when the processing centre is ready will request it from the medical centre and not to worry. We sent the visa a week after the medicals had gone, and so we are hoping that the timing was right.

We haven't heard a thing not even a request, so we are seriously in limbo but live in hope!!!

Well medicals *could* be anywhere, but anyway, requests are taking 12 to 14 weeks from ack. so you've got a couple of weeks wait still. If it asks for medicals you know they've lost em! Best of luck, I'm fed up of waiting too-constantly in a bad mood!
Old Jul 5th 2005, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: Who is waiting on the yellow envelope??????

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
I'm still waiting but not so patiently now we've booked the flights with no visa :scared:
There are loads of people infront of you in the queue that haven't heard anything yet and there have been plenty of people posting 'got it' since last Friday.
Pop down to the immigration forum and you'll get a better idea.
Marie
WOW Marie your brave, hope it turns out well for you and your family. We will take your advice cheers!!
Old Jul 5th 2005, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gjn200
Well medicals *could* be anywhere, but anyway, requests are taking 12 to 14 weeks from ack. so you've got a couple of weeks wait still. If it asks for medicals you know they've lost em! Best of luck, I'm fed up of waiting too-constantly in a bad mood!

Well its good to know your not alone, I didnt think about the timeline for the medicals, omgod I hope they haven't lost the medicals you couldn't mix our faces up mind!! Good luck mate
Old Jul 5th 2005, 9:55 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

WOW Marie your brave, hope it turns out well for you and your family. We will take your advice cheers!!

Are we brave or are we stupid?

We've booked because apperently with us being MODL we should have our visas within 6 months, however this was last month. We were expecting it by now but with them running out of visas it's obviously knocked them back on time a bit. Hopefully we'll here something this week, otherwise I think I'm gonna go mad, or atleast madder than I already am
Marie
Old Jul 5th 2005, 10:03 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Are we brave or are we stupid?

We've booked because apperently with us being MODL we should have our visas within 6 months, however this was last month. We were expecting it by now but with them running out of visas it's obviously knocked them back on time a bit. Hopefully we'll here something this week, otherwise I think I'm gonna go mad, or atleast madder than I already am
Marie
Somewhere in between Marie

I'm sitting here desperately wanting to book my flights but too scared to do it.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 10:32 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Somewhere in between Marie

I'm sitting here desperately wanting to book my flights but too scared to do it.
im still waiting too, told i should hear somethin by next week. i hope so or ill have no nails left.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 10:34 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by soapy
im still waiting too, told i should hear somethin by next week. i hope so or ill have no nails left.
You've been waiting a real long time too.... Shocking isn't it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.