Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who to use.....???

Who to use.....???

Old Sep 27th 2006, 3:21 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who to use.....???

Hi there about to apply for a spouse visa and you need to have documents 'certified'. Does this mean you have get someone to witness that your copies are true ones? If so who do you recommend using?
Also, can the spouse visa be refused for any reason? most seem to think its a rubber stamp job, but dont want to be to presumptuous.....
Thanks in advance........ C x
Old Sep 27th 2006, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Who to use.....???

Originally Posted by shiels
Hi there about to apply for a spouse visa and you need to have documents 'certified'. Does this mean you have get someone to witness that your copies are true ones? If so who do you recommend using?
Also, can the spouse visa be refused for any reason? most seem to think its a rubber stamp job, but dont want to be to presumptuous.....
Personally we used our solicitor who handled our house purchase - he did mega good job as certified over 100 documents, witnessed ten statements and signed photo's and copies of passports etc for £50 - we promised to use them when we sell up house here and move to Oz.

Other people have used local magistrates for very small fees, others have friends who are police officers and paid with a bottle of their favourite tipple.

Dont know about spouse visa - we got 136 so not 100% on criterea or refusal possibilities - sorry.

Paula
Old Sep 27th 2006, 3:50 pm
Cobbalobs

grossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to all
Default Re: Who to use.....???

hI, we went to the local library and they gave us a list of Justice of the peace's, in your local area and they are not allowed to accept payment. Sorry, as above i don't have any info. on other issue regarding spouse visa. Goodluck!
Old Sep 27th 2006, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grossenbol
hI, we went to the local library and they gave us a list of Justice of the peace's, in your local area and they are not allowed to accept payment. Sorry, as above i don't have any info. on other issue regarding spouse visa. Goodluck!
Well I rang up our local JP and the charge was £8 per signature

I rang around all the local solicitors until I found one who said he'd do them all for £15

N
Old Sep 27th 2006, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by curly

I rang around all the local solicitors until I found one who said he'd do them all for £15

N
We used a solicitor as well. I tihnk the key is to get all documents together (and there are many) and do them in one go - it is likely to work out cheaper per document if you do them in bulk.

As far as I know if you meet the criteria and have all your paperwork in order then there is no reason for them to refuse you a spouse visa.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:31 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks will have a ring around....... C x
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

Hi,

Yes we used a solicitor to certify the paperwork.
I got here on a spouse visa..
I think they are just looking to see that your relationship is genuine....sometimes they interview you separately and ask for written statements and documents from family etc....I think if they are not 100% sure they issue you with a temp visa...you then have to go back after 2 years and prove the relationship is still on going, bla bla (and no doubt pay them loads more money !!!!!)As we had 2 kids and had been together a long time, they gave me a permanent visa straight away....
Should be no probs...although I know it's all very stressful!!!!
Good luck!!!
Tanya, Dave, Oscar and Megan x
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:57 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
Hi,

Yes we used a solicitor to certify the paperwork.
I got here on a spouse visa..
I think they are just looking to see that your relationship is genuine....sometimes they interview you separately and ask for written statements and documents from family etc....I think if they are not 100% sure they issue you with a temp visa...you then have to go back after 2 years and prove the relationship is still on going, bla bla (and no doubt pay them loads more money !!!!!)As we had 2 kids and had been together a long time, they gave me a permanent visa straight away....
Should be no probs...although I know it's all very stressful!!!!
Good luck!!!
Tanya, Dave, Oscar and Megan x
Been married 16 years and have 2 kids so hopefully will be ok.... you just never know..... C x
Old Sep 27th 2006, 9:44 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Been married 16 years and have 2 kids so hopefully will be ok.... you just never know..... C x
OMG!!
You are more of a stress head than me!!
How much more proof do you think they want??
Calm down!!
J x
Old Sep 28th 2006, 1:56 pm
Ready to Jaunt

Starcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

I was a member of Barclays Bank for donkeys years and the Manager of my local branch certified every document for free.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:17 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by curly

N
Ive checked with our local JP and he has said the same £8 per document!!!! C x
Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to allmidwifetanya is a name known to all

heheheheh....you'll be fine
Old Sep 28th 2006, 10:04 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by midwifetanya
heheheheh....you'll be fine
Ahh.... Thank you. C x
Old Sep 28th 2006, 10:20 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'll be OK I have been married 8 years and have 1 child, no problems with mine. What possible reason could they have to refuse you.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
I think you'll be OK I have been married 8 years and have 1 child, no problems with mine. What possible reason could they have to refuse you.
We are not married and have no kids and we were absolutely fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.