British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Who stole Summer? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/who-stole-summer-340927/)

Siren & Brian Dec 4th 2005 9:04 am

Who stole Summer?

The bloody weather in Perth has been ridiculously colder than normal. Right now its pissing down.

So which one of you Poms brought the Uk weather with you huh?????

Own up.

DebraH Dec 4th 2005 9:19 am

Re: Who stole Summer?

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
The bloody weather in Perth has been ridiculously colder than normal. Right now its pissing down.

Own up.

sorry that was probably us when we went to Perth in august :D
we just picked up this huge black rain cloud and towed it out to WA and left it there when we came home :cool:

movetoperth Dec 4th 2005 11:03 am

I picked my brother, his wife and little boy up from the airport this arvo.... i was embarrassed, it was blowing a gale, pissing down rain, definite jumper weather.

Whoever brought it, we have had enough of it please take it back.

Lynn

NKSK version 2 Dec 4th 2005 11:24 am

We were at the seafront today and it felt like a November day in West Wales. Crazy weather - the height of summer on the edge of the desert and it hardly hits 20 degrees and with the gale which was blowing, felt like 14.

sj oldfield Dec 4th 2005 11:32 am

Definately reminds me of British Summer!!!!!!........We have rellies on route at the mo.........flight took off from Heathrow about half an hour ago.........hope the bloody weather improves by late tommorrow!!!

KBREMBO Dec 4th 2005 11:43 am

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Definately reminds me of British Summer!!!!!!........We have rellies on route at the mo.........flight took off from Heathrow about half an hour ago.........hope the bloody weather improves by late tommorrow!!!

We had rellies in October-crap weather-then November for 1 week-crap weather-now we have more next Friday and guess what long range forecast is-Crap weather-showers and low-mid 20's-Surprise.
Hey so much for Perth's great weather!! :scared:
Winter seems to be from April untill..........with a few good days thrown it to tease us.

It is embarrassing and let's face it.... Perth is only great when it is sunny! :o

KB

steandleigh Dec 4th 2005 11:46 am

Can someone send a POM up here please?! It was 34 degrees here in our lounge at 2.30 this afternoon and 67% humidity. :scared:

Loopy Dec 4th 2005 1:09 pm

Was just reading last years Christmas letter to the reles, (was more organised last year & wrote it in November!), it said we'd just had the hottest November day on record at 40.2 degrees! Have only managed the low 30s a couple of times so far, come on summer!!!!!

Loopy

JAJ Dec 4th 2005 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Loopy
Was just reading last years Christmas letter to the reles, (was more organised last year & wrote it in November!), it said we'd just had the hottest November day on record at 40.2 degrees! Have only managed the low 30s a couple of times so far, come on summer!!!!!

I thought Perth badly needed a period of rain?

Jeremy

Loopy Dec 4th 2005 2:25 pm

Apparantly the dams are well stocked for this time of year. We haven't had rain as such today, a few showers, just dull, overcast and miserable with a strong wind by the coast. Have got a new pool but haven't ventured in it yet- too cold!

DebraH Dec 4th 2005 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Can someone send a POM up here please?! It was 34 degrees here in our lounge at 2.30 this afternoon and 67% humidity. :scared:

it's a standing joke in our family that wherever we go we take the crap weather with us - even when we went to kenya it was bloody windy and it rained!!!

so if i can get some time off work I'll come out ok :D

Pomster Dec 4th 2005 11:22 pm

I think we have the WA weather over here in Victoria...
Since the beginning of October we have had pretty good weather (some rain) and temps which exceed the normal temps for this time of the year,

Very happy about that!

cranni Dec 4th 2005 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian

Own up.

IT WAS US :scared:

diddy Dec 4th 2005 11:40 pm

Don't worry, it's beautiful on the Gold Coast. Hope this helps. :D

Betty Boot Dec 4th 2005 11:55 pm

It is embarrassing and let's face it.... Perth is only great when it is sunny! :o

[/QUOTE]

Why do we get embarassed about the weather :confused: I know i do too, had some rellies over once in Feb when it is supposedly the hottest time of the year, of course we told them dont bring jackets or long sleeves as you wont wear them, the night after they arrived we went down Freo and had to come home it was so cold and windy. Didnt we feel silly :o