Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who to ship car with

Who to ship car with

Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:24 pm
Mauled by the Tigers

Willerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura aboutWillerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura aboutWillerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura about
Default Who to ship car with

Hi all, quick question on who i can use to ship a car from Cheshire to Brisbane. Ideally as part of a groupage container. Had originally left the car behind to sell but since it hasn't sold i want to ship it out here. Have had a quote from one company but they gave a quote and now it has gone up from £1034(group container) to £1880(roll on roll off) i am currently trying to find out why they have changed it, but in the mean time i would like to see who others have successfully used. The car would need picking up from an address and shipping.
regards
Old Jan 14th 2009, 9:39 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who to ship car with

Originally Posted by Willerby_brisbane View Post
Hi all, quick question on who i can use to ship a car from Cheshire to Brisbane. Ideally as part of a groupage container. Had originally left the car behind to sell but since it hasn't sold i want to ship it out here. Have had a quote from one company but they gave a quote and now it has gone up from £1034(group container) to £1880(roll on roll off) i am currently trying to find out why they have changed it, but in the mean time i would like to see who others have successfully used. The car would need picking up from an address and shipping.
regards
RoRo shipping is cheaper than Container shipping. Not sure why they have quoted more.

I can't help in recommending a shipping company and make sure you know all the requirements (owned for at least 12 months in the same country, etc) and seek a VSB10 Approval to Import from DOITRL (formally DOTARS)before you proceed.

This article might help explain the other costs involved and the entire procedure you'll need to go through
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:38 am
Mauled by the Tigers

Willerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura aboutWillerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura aboutWillerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by bigAPE View Post
RoRo shipping is cheaper than Container shipping. Not sure why they have quoted more.

I can't help in recommending a shipping company and make sure you know all the requirements (owned for at least 12 months in the same country, etc) and seek a VSB10 Approval to Import from DOITRL (formally DOTARS)before you proceed.

This article might help explain the other costs involved and the entire procedure you'll need to go through
Thanks for the reply, i have all the necessary paperwork for the export i was just going through the final bit of actually sorting out the actual moving of the vehicle, when i hit the brick wall.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

Waynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Willerby_brisbane View Post
Thanks for the reply, i have all the necessary paperwork for the export i was just going through the final bit of actually sorting out the actual moving of the vehicle, when i hit the brick wall.
Hi, I too am hoping to ship a car to Oz, the thing is i have the car on finance, does anyone know if this is a problem?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:37 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waynus View Post
Hi, I too am hoping to ship a car to Oz, the thing is i have the car on finance, does anyone know if this is a problem?
I think if you read the fine print of your finance agreement you must inform them or seek permission to take the vehicle out of the EU.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Waynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent View Post
I think if you read the fine print of your finance agreement you must inform them or seek permission to take the vehicle out of the EU.

Thanks for that