British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Who to ship car with (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/who-ship-car-584330/)

Willerby_brisbane Jan 14th 2009 8:24 pm

Who to ship car with

Hi all, quick question on who i can use to ship a car from Cheshire to Brisbane. Ideally as part of a groupage container. Had originally left the car behind to sell but since it hasn't sold i want to ship it out here. Have had a quote from one company but they gave a quote and now it has gone up from £1034(group container) to £1880(roll on roll off) i am currently trying to find out why they have changed it, but in the mean time i would like to see who others have successfully used. The car would need picking up from an address and shipping.
regards

bigAPE Jan 14th 2009 8:39 pm

Re: Who to ship car with

Originally Posted by Willerby_brisbane (Post 7168680)
Hi all, quick question on who i can use to ship a car from Cheshire to Brisbane. Ideally as part of a groupage container. Had originally left the car behind to sell but since it hasn't sold i want to ship it out here. Have had a quote from one company but they gave a quote and now it has gone up from £1034(group container) to £1880(roll on roll off) i am currently trying to find out why they have changed it, but in the mean time i would like to see who others have successfully used. The car would need picking up from an address and shipping.
regards

RoRo shipping is cheaper than Container shipping. Not sure why they have quoted more.

I can't help in recommending a shipping company and make sure you know all the requirements (owned for at least 12 months in the same country, etc) and seek a VSB10 Approval to Import from DOITRL (formally DOTARS)before you proceed.

This article might help explain the other costs involved and the entire procedure you'll need to go through

Willerby_brisbane Jan 15th 2009 10:38 am

Originally Posted by bigAPE (Post 7168770)
RoRo shipping is cheaper than Container shipping. Not sure why they have quoted more.

I can't help in recommending a shipping company and make sure you know all the requirements (owned for at least 12 months in the same country, etc) and seek a VSB10 Approval to Import from DOITRL (formally DOTARS)before you proceed.

This article might help explain the other costs involved and the entire procedure you'll need to go through

Thanks for the reply, i have all the necessary paperwork for the export i was just going through the final bit of actually sorting out the actual moving of the vehicle, when i hit the brick wall.

Waynus Jan 15th 2009 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Willerby_brisbane (Post 7171147)
Thanks for the reply, i have all the necessary paperwork for the export i was just going through the final bit of actually sorting out the actual moving of the vehicle, when i hit the brick wall.

Hi, I too am hoping to ship a car to Oz, the thing is i have the car on finance, does anyone know if this is a problem?

Geelong Gent Jan 15th 2009 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Waynus (Post 7171407)
Hi, I too am hoping to ship a car to Oz, the thing is i have the car on finance, does anyone know if this is a problem?

I think if you read the fine print of your finance agreement you must inform them or seek permission to take the vehicle out of the EU.

Waynus Jan 15th 2009 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent (Post 7171431)
I think if you read the fine print of your finance agreement you must inform them or seek permission to take the vehicle out of the EU.

Thanks for that