Reload this Page >

Who loves christmas? we do

Who loves christmas? we do

Old Dec 9th 2004, 3:44 pm
pools mad

chrisg28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who loves christmas? we do

Hi all

Just got in from doing a bit of christmas shopping and the kids Hannah(9) and Jennifer (3) are realy getting excited now and its great to see their faces around this time of year its magical. christmas forever

Merry Christmas

chris
Old Dec 9th 2004, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

sallybee has a spectacular aura aboutsallybee has a spectacular aura aboutsallybee has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Who loves christmas? we do

Isn't it just great. I love Christmas, can't imagine what it'll be like when the kids are grown up and have left home - I'll just have to go and live with them over Christmas, I'm sure they'd love that!!

We're going to get our tree at the weekend from the local forest, we usually end up getting one far to big for the house and have to saw loads off it! I don't like decorating the tree though - I'm just not artistic in any way and it ends up looking rediculous. Luckily my husband doesn't mind doing it so I leave it up to him and the kids.

I really love Christmas eve. When we take our little girl to bed we look out of the upstairs window to see if we can we father Christmas on his sleigh - we've seen him quite a few times now! Our son is 16 so he doesn't join in now! but our 5 year old loves it, she even heard the bells last year.

And then Christmas morning when the kids come into our room with their stockings..... oh I could go on and on, but I won't! I think I best go and buy some presents or there won't be anything in their stockings, I just can't bear to push my way through crowded shops - that's the only bad bit about Christmas, the rest is wonderful.

Sally
Old Dec 9th 2004, 4:18 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I love christmas normally, my wife tells me off for being as mad for it as my daughter. But I have to admit, with so many other things on my mind this year I haven't really got into it. I even put on my reindeer socks and played my cheesy Xmas CD and I am still not up for it. I will try putting the tree up next.

Good on ya for starting the thread btw
Old Dec 9th 2004, 4:23 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

I'm not religious but I'll enjoy the family get-together and the general madness.

Just lobbed me decs up - with Other Peoples Children of various shapes milling around and climbing step ladders.

Drink and a smoke now I think ...
Old Dec 9th 2004, 4:37 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

I LOVE CHRISTMAS. Yes I know I'm shouting but I can't help myself. Until I met Andrew when I was 31, I still used to sleep at my parents house and get them up at about 3am to see if Santa had been. Every year they would say oh not again. On the few occasions I never actually made it home (drunk somewhere) I would give them a call, lol just so they didn't feel as though they were missing anything. Oh so very sad but also very true.
Sarah
Old Dec 9th 2004, 4:56 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrisg28
Hi all

Just got in from doing a bit of christmas shopping and the kids Hannah(9) and Jennifer (3) are realy getting excited now and its great to see their faces around this time of year its magical. christmas forever

Merry Christmas

chris
I usually love Christmas - but this year, with going so soon to Aus after New Year, Christmas is a bit on the back-burner. I am only going to put up minimal decorations (rest being given away), and Christmas day will be an emotional affair at my folks house.

Having said that 'MERRY CHRISTMAS' everyone, and a fabulous New Year!!
Cas x
Old Dec 9th 2004, 5:10 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cas,

We don't leave until mid-Feb, so don't have the same pressure that you must be under to get organised, but it's still going to be a strange one as it's our last Christmas in Blighty for a while ... My Mum started asking at about Easter where we were planning to spend Christmas Day - oh, that that were an exaggeration! So can imagine that they'll be lots of requests for our time being made. Social butterflies that we are!

Started the Christmas shopping last weekend and it's my work do next week, so am starting to get into the festive spirit and am actually really looking forward to it!

GG

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I usually love Christmas - but this year, with going so soon to Aus after New Year, Christmas is a bit on the back-burner. I am only going to put up minimal decorations (rest being given away), and Christmas day will be an emotional affair at my folks house.

Having said that 'MERRY CHRISTMAS' everyone, and a fabulous New Year!!
Cas x
Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:45 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chrisg28
Hi all

Merry Christmas

chris
I LOVE IT the kids are at that brilliant age (5 and 3) and Father Christmas is everywhere so even driving around is starting to get very exciting as all the shouting from the back seats has started. The driving around the streets will havwe to start this weekend to take the kids Christmas light spotting as some of the houses round here go totally mad.

The tree is up after much hassle and even though this is our last Christmas in the UK we have decided to ban everyone and have a nice quiet Christmas where we can just slob around and not have to run around like idiots entertaining........CAN'T WAIT!!!

Sasha
Old Dec 9th 2004, 8:14 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Usually really enjoy Christmas, but this year have not been able to get into it.
Too many other thing to think about, but are trying to make if special for our 7 year old.
Discovered last night that we have thrown the tree away last year, had planned to buy a new one this year, no point now! Sooo for the first time since I was a kid we are going to a really tree, so will start to feel more like Christmas.

Now I have a question for you …. There is a song by Rolf Harris called “Six White Boomers� and it goes a bit like this….

Early on one Christmas Day
A Joey Kangaroo
Was far from his home and lost
In a great big zoo
“Mummy, where's my mummy?
They've taken her away�
“We'll help you find your mummy, son.
Hop up on this sleigh�

Up beside the bag of toys
Little Joey hopped
But they had'nt gone far
When Santa stopped
Unharnessed all the reindeer
And Joey wondered why
Then he heard a far-off
Booming in the sky

Boom, boing, boom, boing, boom, boing, boom, boing

Chorus

Six White Boomers, snow white boomers
Racing Santa Claus through the blazing sun
Six White Boomers, snow white boomers
On his Australian run

Pretty soon old Santa
Began to feel the heat
Took his fur-lined boots off
To cool his feet
Into one popped Joey
And curled up right away
While those old men kangaroos
Kept pulling on the sleigh

Then Joey said to Santa
“Santa what about the toys?
Aren't you going to give some
To all the girls and boys?�
Well they've had all their presents, sonny
We were here last night
This is an extra special trip
Joey's special flight�

Soon his sleigh was flashing past
Right over Marblebar
“Slow down there�, he cried
“It can't be very far
Hop up on my lap here son,
And have a look around�
“There she is there's mummy
Bouncing up and down�

Well that's the bestest Christmas treat
That Joey ever had
Curled up in Mother's pouch
Feeling snug and glad
The last they saw was Santa
Heading t'wards the sun
the only year the boomers
Worked a double run.

Sorry had to do that...feel a bit more christmassy now.. But back to my question, is there a book about this. I have been telling my daughter about father christmas and white boomers and love to get her the book if there is one.(must be able to buy it in UK)

Thanks
Sam
Old Dec 9th 2004, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

sallybee has a spectacular aura aboutsallybee has a spectacular aura aboutsallybee has a spectacular aura about

I did a search on google for 'six white bloomers Rolf Harris' and lots of websites came up - didn't get the name of one in particular because there were so many to choose from.

Hope this helps.

Sally