Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who lives in Victoria Point or Redland Bay area

Who lives in Victoria Point or Redland Bay area

Old Dec 6th 2011, 5:27 am
Just Joined

ursh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who lives in Victoria Point or Redland Bay area

My husband, myself and 10 month old recently arrived and are living in the Redlands area. I was just curious to know if there is a British expat community in this area. Might be cool to know some people who are in the same boat and living here without extended family.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

heldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really niceheldownunder is just really nice
Default Re: Who lives in Victoria Point or Redland Bay area

Originally Posted by ursh View Post
My husband, myself and 10 month old recently arrived and are living in the Redlands area. I was just curious to know if there is a British expat community in this area. Might be cool to know some people who are in the same boat and living here without extended family.
Try joining Brisbannittes on facebook - huge expat community / events etc on there :-)
Old Dec 7th 2011, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Ursh

We live just up the road in Thornlands. There's lots of British expats in this area!! As Helen suggests, if you are on Facebook, look out for the Brisbannittes group - there's over 300 members in and around Brisbane!

Love

Rudi
x
Old Dec 7th 2011, 10:47 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We are in Cleveland, theres lots of Brits in the area. We normally get down to The Hogs Breath at the weekend, lots for Poms down there. Go to the Sharks club in Vicky Point too. Didnt know about the facebook site so just off to have a nosy
Old Dec 13th 2011, 8:37 am
UK to NZ to OZ

sarahinnz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
My OH has just applied for a job in the Rocklea area and i am looking for areas around Redland bay/Thornlands/cleveland area, do you recommend any of these areas? Its like choosing a needle in a haystack if you dont know about any areas. Any info would be great. Thanks.
Old Dec 13th 2011, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahinnz View Post
Hi there
My OH has just applied for a job in the Rocklea area and i am looking for areas around Redland bay/Thornlands/cleveland area, do you recommend any of these areas? Its like choosing a needle in a haystack if you dont know about any areas. Any info would be great. Thanks.
Hi Sarah

We love living in this area. We moved up from Sydney a few years ago and chose the area without ever having visited!

It's family friendly and there's plenty to do. Victoria Point has a decent shopping centre - it's half way between Redland Bay and Thornlands. There's a big cinema there and places to eat out.

Cleveland has the advantage of being on the rail line - but that also makes it a little more expensive.

The schools in the area - if you need them - are generally ok - good choice or state, semi-private (some of the schools are fee paying, but not considered private schools, so get called semi-private), and private schools in the area.

Good luck with your move, please shout if you need any specific advice on anything.

Love

Rudi
x
Old Dec 13th 2011, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahinnz View Post
Hi there
Hi Sarah, lived in Cleveland for over 4 years now and have never had an incline to leave . If it's any help i work at Wacol which is approx 10 mins further afield than Rocklea from Cleveland and commuting time ( by car ) is approx 40-45 mins on a morning (leave 5am) and 50-60 mins returning at 3pm to cover the 40 or so kms
Old Dec 16th 2011, 10:49 am
UK to NZ to OZ

Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
Hi Sarah

We love living in this area. We moved up from Sydney a few years ago and chose the area without ever having visited!

It's family friendly and there's plenty to do. Victoria Point has a decent shopping centre - it's half way between Redland Bay and Thornlands. There's a big cinema there and places to eat out.

Cleveland has the advantage of being on the rail line - but that also makes it a little more expensive.

The schools in the area - if you need them - are generally ok - good choice or state, semi-private (some of the schools are fee paying, but not considered private schools, so get called semi-private), and private schools in the area.

Good luck with your move, please shout if you need any specific advice on anything.

Love

Rudi
x
Hi Rudi
Thanks for the info, much appreciated but has gone quiet on the job front at the minute, we are looking for jobs around Brisbane but also trying to sort out good areas to live. Hopefully everything will come together soon but will definately give you a holler if i need any more info.
Thanks
Sarah
Old Dec 16th 2011, 10:52 am
UK to NZ to OZ

Originally Posted by bobbyftm View Post
Hi Sarah, lived in Cleveland for over 4 years now and have never had an incline to leave . If it's any help i work at Wacol which is approx 10 mins further afield than Rocklea from Cleveland and commuting time ( by car ) is approx 40-45 mins on a morning (leave 5am) and 50-60 mins returning at 3pm to cover the 40 or so kms
Hi
Thanks for the info, it gives us a better idea of commuting times etc as its no good just picking a place to live off a map if its not practical. Thanks again.
Sarah