British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   who knows the best way to pay T.R.A (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/who-knows-best-way-pay-t-r-311017/)

alfiewhats65 Jun 28th 2005 8:27 pm

who knows the best way to pay T.R.A

hi i need some experienced addvice, iam about to send my TRA application and payment to oz, whats the best way to make a safe payment?, iam looking into an international payment request form from my bank but i need a swift N.O from the TRA to complete the transaction, i have trawled through the web site and paper work but could not find anyhting, has any one out there experienced this and how did you over come it,

thanks
Alfie

Perthforme Jun 28th 2005 8:43 pm

Re: who knows the best way to pay T.R.A

Originally Posted by alfiewhats65
hi i need some experienced addvice, iam about to send my TRA application and payment to oz, whats the best way to make a safe payment?, iam looking into an international payment request form from my bank but i need a swift N.O from the TRA to complete the transaction, i have trawled through the web site and paper work but could not find anyhting, has any one out there experienced this and how did you over come it,

thanks
Alfie

TRA say payment can be made through an overseas bank order cheque or international money order.
This is on page 7 of 11 on the TRA application from.
All such payments must be drawn on an Australian bank (egANZ,CBA,NAB,WBC)and made out to :THE COLLECTOR OF PUBLIC MONEY DEWR

Perthforme Jun 28th 2005 8:45 pm

I did mine with my local HSBC who are in Aus as are most banks check with your ok and good luck ;)

neil.b Jun 28th 2005 9:10 pm

thanks
Alfie

You can get an international money order drawn on the Commonwealth Bank of Australia from Thoma Cook Travel agent bureau de change. I think they charge around £15.

Neil.

Wickedsid Jun 28th 2005 10:33 pm

Hi
I got an International Bank Draft from my local bank, they charged £10.00 and sorted it out while I waited,
Good luck with the application
Carole :)

Boomie Jun 28th 2005 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
Hi
I got an International Bank Draft from my local bank, they charged £10.00 and sorted it out while I waited,
Good luck with the application
Carole :)

yeah the halifax did our....£10 also

boomie
x

bridiej Jun 29th 2005 7:22 am

We did a bank transfer then printed out a copy of our bank statement and put in with our application - just remember to tell your bank you will pay all charges incurred (including TRAs)!

kris maynard Jun 29th 2005 8:33 am

thanks
Alfie

Hi
Ordererd a draft from Thomas Cook Yesterday should pick it up today they charge £15. I think its only Thomas Cook that do these as i rang several Travel Agents!
Also when i rang DHL to get a quote for courier they wouldnt carry a money order but as long as its a draft that can not be cashed by any one else they will take it!

Hope this helps our TRA should go today as long as i collect the draft in time!!

Good Luck with yours
Kris

alfiewhats65 Jun 29th 2005 5:09 pm

thanks to you everyone, i sorted it out with all your advice, just one more question, (iam sounding a bit thick here) but did you send your chq in the post along with the TRA application, allll at once

alfie

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Hi
Ordererd a draft from Thomas Cook Yesterday should pick it up today they charge £15. I think its only Thomas Cook that do these as i rang several Travel Agents!
Also when i rang DHL to get a quote for courier they wouldnt carry a money order but as long as its a draft that can not be cashed by any one else they will take it!

Hope this helps our TRA should go today as long as i collect the draft in time!!

Good Luck with yours
Kris

kris maynard Jun 29th 2005 6:32 pm

thanks to you everyone, i sorted it out with all your advice, just one more question, (iam sounding a bit thick here) but did you send your chq in the post along with the TRA application, allll at once

alfie

Thats what im doing sending all together by DHL friday, what you getting assessed?

Kris

Perthforme Jun 29th 2005 6:46 pm

yes pop it all in together is should be crossed anyhoo so nobody other than TRA can cash it .

Jim & Kathryn Jun 29th 2005 6:47 pm

thanks
Alfie

Hi
We too got an International Bank Draft from Natwest, cost £10.00 it went through really quick and we got a positive TRA result within 6 wks of posting.

Good luck!

J & K

Jim & Kathryn Jun 29th 2005 7:21 pm

alfie

Yip, we sent it all together
J & K

alfiewhats65 Jun 30th 2005 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Thats what im doing sending all together by DHL friday, what you getting assessed?

Kris

hi kris thanks, yeh i'am getting assessd on of hairdressing

Flying Banana Jul 1st 2005 8:22 am

Briefcase full of used five dollar notes, second bench outside Australia House at midday, ask for 'Grey Squirrel' and come alone ;) :D ;)