Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who has Sold their House before they have Visa

Who has Sold their House before they have Visa

Old Sep 21st 2007, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of
Default Who has Sold their House before they have Visa

My house has just sold, I have not got the Visa yet though, I am hoping it wont be too much longer.

However, there is always the chance I wont get it, and after rebuilding my house and getting it the way I want I wonder if I have done the right thing.

My Police Checks run out on March 14th 2008 so all being ok I need to be in OZ on or before then.

It would be cool to hear if anyone else has been through the same sort of thing, or is doing so now.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

lcys2460 will become famous soon enoughlcys2460 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Who has Sold their House before they have Visa

We're due to exchange contracts on our house in a week or two and haven't even got the acknowledgement yet! Am I scared - you bet!
We too love our house to bits and will be completely devastated if we find we cannot go for any reason. We put it on the market thinking it would take a year to sell, but no, a buyer in a day or two!
We just keep positive!
Looks like you'll be hearing about your visa soon though if you submitted in April - depending on when you did your meds of course with the backlog at LCU! But at least with no house to sell you've got nothing holding you back and you can go straight away!
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lcys2460
We're due to exchange contracts on our house in a week or two and haven't even got the acknowledgement yet! Am I scared - you bet!
We too love our house to bits and will be completely devastated if we find we cannot go for any reason. We put it on the market thinking it would take a year to sell, but no, a buyer in a day or two!
We just keep positive!
Looks like you'll be hearing about your visa soon though if you submitted in April - depending on when you did your meds of course with the backlog at LCU! But at least with no house to sell you've got nothing holding you back and you can go straight away!
It is very scary. We are trying to keep positive, both me and my partner feel like we have been in a "lets keep positive" frame of mind for 18 months now and its getting hard. lol

Our Meds didnt arrive in Sydney until a few days ago, I am not sure what the current delays are, to be honest got the email from that atomated response about the current backlog. But me being a bit dim couldnt work out how long the delay was.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Yeah having to sell first too, a little different from you guys as its a student visa, but also delayed as it had to be refered to sydney.

Just on the market but I know it will sell quickly. Keeping my fingers crossed now that the visa comes in before a have to hand in my notice at work!!!

Cheers and good luck to you guys!!!
Mandy
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by philnorris
It is very scary. We are trying to keep positive, both me and my partner feel like we have been in a "lets keep positive" frame of mind for 18 months now and its getting hard. lol

Our Meds didnt arrive in Sydney until a few days ago, I am not sure what the current delays are, to be honest got the email from that atomated response about the current backlog. But me being a bit dim couldnt work out how long the delay was.
Wow, you've been doing this for 18 months! Yep I can understand how you must feel then.

Meds send a few days ago! You must read the thread about LCU Backlogs then - I think I read that its 8 or 9 weeks but apparently people are saying they are working weekends and starting to shift stuff. I'm sure I read this morning they are processing meds received in July still! Before you panic, please check the thread though! I could be wrong!
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Hmmm I wonder if the backlog is clearing then, some saying 8-10 weeks, some have only waited about 4 weeks and all ready have been approved. I hope this is the case. That would be amazing.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Hmmm I wonder if the backlog is clearing then, some saying 8-10 weeks, some have only waited about 4 weeks and all ready have been approved. I hope this is the case. That would be amazing.
I think 457 apps are processed quicker than the 136
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

I think 457 apps are processed quicker than the 136
Dam, luckys buggers, oh well, I dont mind waiting another 8 weeks or so I have waited this long all ready.
8 weeks will fly over.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Dam, luckys buggers, oh well, I dont mind waiting another 8 weeks or so I have waited this long all ready.
8 weeks will fly over.
I'm extremely impressed with your patience - got any spare?!
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm extremely impressed with your patience - got any spare?!
None, I took 3 months off work, then went pback part time recently, I took the 3 months off to rebuild the house before it's sale, which was a stress in itself. I am looking to have the next month off then get back to work properly.

I am very laid back, but this has been an extreme test of my patience and stress limits.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

At least you've got the house sold for all that hard graft you put into the house sale - no wonder you must be gutted no visa yet!
Enjoy your month off, sounds like you deserve it.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:39 am

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

we did!
Carmel
Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:25 pm
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Our house is up for sale and we haven't got more than a third of the way through the process yet. We've seen so many people trapped in the UK by their house that we thought we'd take the risk. As a backup, we would apply for a student visa if we can't get a 'normal' visa for any reason, so we would need the funds available to pay the college fees etc.

It's scary, but who dares wins.............