Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who has shipped pets with Ryslip?

Who has shipped pets with Ryslip?

Old May 20th 2005, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who has shipped pets with Ryslip?

We are only 12 weeks away from leaving and I need to start the ball rolling with getting our cats sorted. We've had a quote from Ryslip to send the pair of them at £1400 and this seems pretty good and they seem quite professional.

Does anyone have any experience of sending their pets with Ryslip to reassure us or any horror stories of using them?
Old May 20th 2005, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Mad Moggies R Us is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Who has shipped pets with Ryslip?

Originally Posted by Steve&Clare
We are only 12 weeks away from leaving and I need to start the ball rolling with getting our cats sorted. We've had a quote from Ryslip to send the pair of them at £1400 and this seems pretty good and they seem quite professional.

Does anyone have any experience of sending their pets with Ryslip to reassure us or any horror stories of using them?
That seams like a really good price compared to other companies,

Does it include collection of the cats from your house?
Does it include vet checks?
Does it include boarding at a registered cattery prior to flight?

I hav'nt heard them mentioned on here before, but have read lots of good/happy threads on people who have used Golden Arrow.

Good luck, keep us cat owning people informed of how things go.
Sarah,Craig and our Mad mogs
Old May 20th 2005, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mad Moggies R Us
That seams like a really good price compared to other companies,

Does it include collection of the cats from your house?
Does it include vet checks?
Does it include boarding at a registered cattery prior to flight?

I hav'nt heard them mentioned on here before, but have read lots of good/happy threads on people who have used Golden Arrow.

Good luck, keep us cat owning people informed of how things go.
Sarah,Craig and our Mad mogs
SORRY I MADE A BIG MISTAKE ABOVE

CATS ACTUALLY OWN US HUMANS DONT THEY
Old May 20th 2005, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mad Moggies R Us
SORRY I MADE A BIG MISTAKE ABOVE

CATS ACTUALLY OWN US HUMANS DONT THEY
They most certainly do!

The quote includes everything - a shipping box, vetinary inspection, one nights boarding this end, the flight and I think collection from our house (although they are only a few miles away from us).

I've just emailed them asking for a full breakdown of what's included in the quote and info on what flights they will be taking as it seems that if they arrive during the night then they get left til the airport vet people arrive in the morning.
Old May 20th 2005, 10:10 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

They most certainly do!

The quote includes everything - a shipping box, vetinary inspection, one nights boarding this end, the flight and I think collection from our house (although they are only a few miles away from us).

I've just emailed them asking for a full breakdown of what's included in the quote and info on what flights they will be taking as it seems that if they arrive during the night then they get left til the airport vet people arrive in the morning.
Check whether it includes quarantine fees too as that is a significant amount. Air Pets, Golden Arrow, Par Air all work our just shy of £1000 / cat after you include the jabs/chips this end and quarantine the other end we have found. We are going with Air Pets as we got a good vibe from them at the Sandown show.
Old May 20th 2005, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by worzel
Check whether it includes quarantine fees too as that is a significant amount. Air Pets, Golden Arrow, Par Air all work our just shy of £1000 / cat after you include the jabs/chips this end and quarantine the other end we have found. We are going with Air Pets as we got a good vibe from them at the Sandown show.
I don't think it did include the quarantine fees and we have already had all of the jabs and chipping done. If I remember rightly the quarantine was about £10/night for 28 nights for the pair of them which still brings us in at less than 2k. When I get the full quote from Ryslip I will take a look at exactly what is included
Old May 20th 2005, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

I've just got the full quote through and it doesn't include collection or quarantine (which is payable direct to the quarantine folks).

The quote for the two cats is £1150 (for both) and the flight times get them into Perth at 14:20 so they get picked up by quarantine quickly without being sat round for hours.

I am waiting for a quote from Airpets before booking just to see what they come up with although I doubt they will be as competitive.
Old May 20th 2005, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Cats transmit parasites and diseases to the native wildlife. They prey on local wildlife, possums, koalas,etc. Australia is in the grip of intense anti-cat feeling at the moment; cats are viewed as evil, destructive creatures and restrictions on cat ownership are planned. There are reports of anti-cat progroms and cats being kidnapped, tortured and killed. Be careful if you bring your cats.
Old May 20th 2005, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Cats transmit parasites and diseases to the native wildlife. They prey on local wildlife, possums, koalas,etc. Australia is in the grip of intense anti-cat feeling at the moment; cats are viewed as evil, destructive creatures and restrictions on cat ownership are planned. There are reports of anti-cat progroms and cats being kidnapped, tortured and killed. Be careful if you bring your cats.
are you serious or are you taking the piss?
Old May 20th 2005, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

are you serious or are you taking the piss?
If you don't believe me follow the links:-

http://members.iinet.net.au/~rabbit/Auscatz.htm
Old May 21st 2005, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NedKelly
If you don't believe me follow the links:-

http://members.iinet.net.au/~rabbit/Auscatz.htm
Hi to Steve and Clare

You have probably had a look at the link above, I glanced at it, but did'nt read it all, as I think NED is just scaremongering.

I have asked questions on here before about taking our cats to OZ and have many many excellant bits of advice, and loads of people have taken their beloved cats with them and are living very happily in their new country.

I know you have to register your cat with the local council, the main rule ( from what iv'e read is that A. try and make sure you're cat is in the house in the evening. B. make sure he/she is wearing a collar with a bell.
None of my 3 cats have collars in this country as they stay very close to the house and never stay out at night, BUT I WILL MAKE SURE THEY HAVE ALL GOT COLLARS WITH I/D TAGS ( EVEN THOUGH THEY WILL HAVE BEEN I/D CHIPPED, AND BELLS AS BIG AS BIG BEN IF NEED BE) I AM NOT GOING TO BE PUT OFF TAKING MY FAMILY, THATS RIGHT NED, THEY ARE MY WORLD WITH ME TO START OUR NEW LIFE DOWN UNDER.

Our plan is also to make them a nice big outdoor enclosed run, to stop any chance of getting to the lovely fauna and flora thats makes Austarlia so beautiful.

I hope that I have put you're mind at ease a bit Steve and Clare

Sarah,Craig and our mad mogs
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

the cat killing stuff is a red herring, as we are going to live in the burbs with our cats they will not be running feral or dissapearing into the bush.

Airpets haven't bothered to get back to us so I am going to instruct Ryslip to ship our cats and get the ball rolling today. I'll post how we get on

Steve