Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who had the party last night then?

Who had the party last night then?

Old Jan 11th 2004, 2:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who had the party last night then?

...and why didn't we all get invited?

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...%255E2,00.html

Dotty, don't you live up that way? Your latest pool party ,was it?
Old Jan 11th 2004, 2:55 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

We have similar stories here in WA too. I remember one news item was about a party that got out of control despite the family hiring security staff.:scared:
Old Jan 11th 2004, 2:58 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Who had the party last night then?

Originally posted by Pollyana
...and why didn't we all get invited?

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...%255E2,00.html

Dotty, don't you live up that way? Your latest pool party ,was it?

Unfortunately the party I was at last night was a 40th, and the host had tupperwear plates full of vol au vont. Rolling over police cars sounds far more fun.

Sounds like the usual teen party. Quite common I believe (not just here). Kids get bored, someones mum and dad go out, word gets texted around and bingo, up to 800 very bored teens turn up. If its the teen kind its about the 4th I've heard of in the last year.

We actually own a house on Stringeybark road, but its empty and for sale at the moment, I just hope its still there
Old Jan 11th 2004, 3:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Better nip round and check, Dotty! Are there lots of police cars and broken bottles outside......?!

Vol au vent on tupperware plates...... yep I think the teen thing might be more fun! Did it get better, or was the tupperware the highlight of the evening?
Old Jan 11th 2004, 3:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Pollyana
Better nip round and check, Dotty! Are there lots of police cars and broken bottles outside......?!

Vol au vent on tupperware plates...... yep I think the teen thing might be more fun! Did it get better, or was the tupperware the highlight of the evening?
House is still standing, according to the agent selling it, bet that put a few lookers off eh

As for the tupperwear do, I did get a snigger and thought of the girls on expats when I saw it all layed out, it was in a marqee (spelling?) with fairy lights and all, quite pretty, then aargh tupperwear.

Unfortunately that was about the highlight of the evening, the hits of the 80's CD was amusing tho. I left as the Rumours (stevie nicks thing) came on. Now dont blame OZ for this do, the host and at least half the guests were from NZ.

If anybody is having a decent party next weekend pleeeeese invite me
Old Jan 11th 2004, 3:28 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
House is still standing, according to the agent selling it, bet that put a few lookers off eh

As for the tupperwear do, I did get a snigger and thought of the girls on expats when I saw it all layed out, it was in a marqee (spelling?) with fairy lights and all, quite pretty, then aargh tupperwear.

Unfortunately that was about the highlight of the evening, the hits of the 80's CD was amusing tho. I left as the Rumours (stevie nicks thing) came on. Now dont blame OZ for this do, the host and at least half the guests were from NZ.

If anybody is having a decent party next weekend pleeeeese invite me
Empty house???...beware squatter's rights.
Old Jan 11th 2004, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Florida_03
Empty house???...beware squatter's rights...
Dont seem to get them here, think the neighbours are too nosey plus all that lawn mowing would put any self respecting squatter off.