Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who To Fly With... Singapore, Quantas Etc.

Who To Fly With... Singapore, Quantas Etc.

Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who To Fly With... Singapore, Quantas Etc.

Hello you lovely lot,

While waiting for our TRA to come back doing a bit of research into which airline to use......

Was told Singapore as 5* airline......

Oh forgot to mention there is 6 of us... girl 10, boy 3, twin boys at just 2... movies and creche would be good if available, i have a massive fear of flying as clausterphobic, so need distraction ( apart from children) was thinking my laptop with internet access and plenty of drugs. This is where the creche comes in as husband and daughter would need help with boys! I hear singapore has a connection for internet at every seat or is this just in business or 1st......

Any advice/personal experiences would be good. please leave out engine trouble

regards s-j xx

Last edited by s-jmelbournewannabe; Feb 11th 2007 at 9:40 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 11:04 pm
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of
Default Re: Who To Fly With... Singapore, Quantas Etc.

My vote will always be for Singapore airlines - we fly with them regularly and have always found them to be fantastic. not sure about the internet connection - i think it is on select aircraft only and in business / first class only. there are always plenty of movies to watch, games etc - check out their website (click on The Experience menu tab) and you can get an idea of what they have on offer.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Ridds,

You from Chesvegas? you cheeky Brisvegas thing!

Your defo a northerner! Am i right?

S-j x
Old Feb 11th 2007, 11:44 pm
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Cheers Ridds,

You from Chesvegas? you cheeky Brisvegas thing!

Your defo a northerner! Am i right?

S-j x
Oh no, not at all. I'm a true blue aussie, and hubby is a southerner from portsmouth
Old Feb 12th 2007, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

clan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really niceclan_campbell is just really nice

Hello you lovely lot,

While waiting for our TRA to come back doing a bit of research into which airline to use......

Was told Singapore as 5* airline......

Oh forgot to mention there is 6 of us... girl 10, boy 3, twin boys at just 2... movies and creche would be good if available, i have a massive fear of flying as clausterphobic, so need distraction ( apart from children) was thinking my laptop with internet access and plenty of drugs. This is where the creche comes in as husband and daughter would need help with boys! I hear singapore has a connection for internet at every seat or is this just in business or 1st......

Any advice/personal experiences would be good. please leave out engine trouble

regards s-j xx
We (5 of us) flew with Singapore, but have also flown with Malaysian.
Found Singapore route a bit easier, and the staff on board a bit more
pleasant than on Malaysian.

Neither had internet connections at the seat, but both had the small TV
screens in the back of the head rest. They will be great for your 10 year
old, but there isn't as much for the younger ones.
Hopefully the twins will sleep a lot of the way - our 2 year old and 5 year old
were a nightmare on the first leg - didn't sleep a wink. After a rest in
Singapore for a couple of hours, they luckily slept the rest of the journey.

Anyway, I think you'll find most people give Singapore a good rating.
They are also ranked as 5* on this site (although so are Malaysian)

http://www.airlinequality.com/StarRanking/5star.htm

Best of luck

Neil

</IMG></IMG>
Old Feb 12th 2007, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Neil,
Thanks for that hon! very useful..... nice to know what to expect, the younger kids has never flown before... they are good in their carseats but not quite the same eh

Think we will go with Singapore, however someone was saying Quantas was good? Anyone?

Take care neil x
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Was Gold Coast, Australia... now living in Notts, UK
horrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to beholdhorrigans is a splendid one to behold

Neil,
Thanks for that hon! very useful..... nice to know what to expect, the younger kids has never flown before... they are good in their carseats but not quite the same eh

Think we will go with Singapore, however someone was saying Quantas was good? Anyone?

Take care neil x
I don't know about Quantas... but we've flown with a baby and toddler with Singapore Airlines a few times and they're absolutely brilliant. They're happy to walk your little ones up and down the aisles. They're great at distracting them or watching them while you go to the loo. If there are spare seats on the plane then they'll offer them to you so that one of the adults can get a bit of kip. They're happy to bring alternative bits of food and snacks when the children get hungry. Fantastic... I'd definitely recommend them.

Sarah )
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Sarah, think my minds made up now....

You guys!!

S-j x
Old Feb 12th 2007, 1:05 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll add my name to the list for Singapore Airlines...they're were great !

Flew to Melboune from Manchester just over two years ago.
Very professional and attentive staff, seats are roomy, food is great - and the flight leaves Manchester at 10am....so a reasonable time too

I don't have children, but the staff seemed to cater for those around me well
Old Feb 17th 2007, 3:38 am
Just Joined

jayne601 is an unknown quantity at this point

we flew with singapore airlines in november......they were the only ones to give free extra baggage allowance if you have an unused valid residents visa.....40kg each instead of 20kg..........the flight stewards were so attentive the flight flew by.......also they were one of the cheapest
Old Feb 17th 2007, 7:00 am
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

We flew with Singapore(Me the Mrs and 3 kids).We couldnt fault them.They are brilliant with kids.They always serve the kids first which is handy when you have a 5 year old who doesnt eat much so you can snaffle his down then tuck into yours
Old Feb 17th 2007, 7:13 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

The answer to this question is always singapore, especially if you have kids.

The really do look after the kids, even play with them and give you a break if you've got a cute one or a handfull.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

soldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of lightsoldierblue is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by horrigans
I don't know about Quantas... but we've flown with a baby and toddler with Singapore Airlines a few times and they're absolutely brilliant. They're happy to walk your little ones up and down the aisles. They're great at distracting them or watching them while you go to the loo. If there are spare seats on the plane then they'll offer them to you so that one of the adults can get a bit of kip. They're happy to bring alternative bits of food and snacks when the children get hungry. Fantastic... I'd definitely recommend them.

Sarah )
Hi
Glad to here that about kids. We are booked with Singapore when the family are able to come out and we have 5. Maybe I should send them with Singapore and me and OH then fly with Qantas.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:43 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

We flew with Singapore in January for our recce to NZ.

Absolutley fantastic airline

Also if you have to spend a few hours in an airport Changi is the one to in
Old Feb 19th 2007, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Defo with Singapore..... Thanks so much x

I think a lot of peeps will find this useful. so keep up the good work.. s-j

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.