Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who to fly with!!!

who to fly with!!!

Old Aug 18th 2008, 3:18 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: who to fly with!!!

We have flown Singapore and emirates I would choose Singapore any day, but unfortunately they dont fly from Newcastle or to Cairns.

So we are going to give it a go on Cathay via Heathrow the price doesn't differ that much to be fair.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 3:05 pm
funky monkey.

chiefster1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have flown to Australia a few times and ALL asian Airlines are the best..
Emerates via Dubai..
singapore via singapore..
Thai airways..

not used malaysian airlines but know people that have and can recoment them too...
ETIHAD is a relative new cheap airline but are i think part owned by emerates..quote me if im wrong...

PLEASE DONT GO BY QUANTAS OR BA.. IGNORANT FLIGHT ATTENTDANTS AND HAVE TO BEG FOR DRINKS OR FOOD...OH AND THE FOOD IS CRAP TOO..
ASIAN AIRLINES..GREAT SREVICE, EXCELLENT FOOD(WELL GOOD ENOUGH FOR PLANE FOOD LOL) AND CARNT DO ENOUGH FOR YA..
Old Aug 19th 2008, 8:30 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chiefster1976

PLEASE DONT GO BY QUANTAS OR BA.. IGNORANT FLIGHT ATTENTDANTS AND HAVE TO BEG FOR DRINKS OR FOOD...OH AND THE FOOD IS CRAP TOO..
ASIAN AIRLINES..GREAT SREVICE, EXCELLENT FOOD(WELL GOOD ENOUGH FOR PLANE FOOD LOL) AND CARNT DO ENOUGH FOR YA..
Can't agree about Qantas (notice no U in the spelling) as I have flown more flights with them, about 20 flights and only 1 was less than good.

Thai are good, so Malaysian.

BA I found not the best service but remember this is all so subjective.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 10:21 pm
finally in melbourne

di90 has a spectacular aura aboutdi90 has a spectacular aura aboutdi90 has a spectacular aura about

I'd like to fly to melbourne via the US as we would like to stop off a few days in the US to visit family before we set off to melbourne - is this possible to do and who would be the best to fly with?
Old Aug 21st 2008, 3:40 pm
finally in melbourne

di90 has a spectacular aura aboutdi90 has a spectacular aura aboutdi90 has a spectacular aura about

any help appreciated.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Julie9
We have had two similar in price quotes for flights one with qantas stopping at singapore on the way there and at Melbourne on the way back and one with cathay pacific stopping at hong kong both ways dont know which to choose any input would be great thanks
julie
Hi IMO I would chose Cathay Pacific, I have flown with both of these airlines with 3 kiddies too and would say that the food is better on Cathay Pacific, the Kiddie tv however is a better choice on Quantas as they have over 100 disney movies for the kids. Service by the stewardesses I also found to be better on Cathay Pacific, nothing was ever too much trouble. Have also flown with BA (Crap!!) Emirates (Crap!!) Singapore Airlines (OK but food very Asian obviously), depends what you are looking for. Cathy Pacific also bit more leniant on you going over your baggage allowance by a few kilos and not charging. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to fly Qantas all the time now and benefit from the frequent flyer points. I must say that I have never had a flight where the crew were anything less than exemplary. On my flight into Sydney this week, the crew were pleasant, charming and helpful. Nothing was too much bother for them even though they had to deal with a rather unpleasant egocentric demanding woman who thought she was queen of the plane - they did it with courtesy and respect - I would happily have clocked her one!

The plane was clean and obviously cleaned regularly through the flight, the food was actually quite nice (as was the wine). There were more than enough movies and games to keep even the most ADD of passengers entertained. I have also flown with a variety of other airlines and I must admit that I have never had the negative experiences that so many others seem to have. Personally I would never fly JAL again, talk about crew arrogance and unhelpfulness. I fell out with BA many years ago as a single mother travelling with a baby and a toddler but a recent short flight was absolutely fine. Thai, SA, CP and MAS have all been OK but none were stand out brilliant for me. I was talking to someone who used to fly for SA and his comment was that their cabin reputation was well ahead of their servicing record!

Last edited by quoll; Aug 22nd 2008 at 9:03 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 11:14 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by di90
I'd like to fly to melbourne via the US as we would like to stop off a few days in the US to visit family before we set off to melbourne - is this possible to do and who would be the best to fly with?
I' sure I have heard air New Zealand fly that way, check them out and see.

Good luck
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 1:21 pm
CazBeckham

CazBeckham is on a distinguished road

Anyone flown with EVA Air? They are doing a special deal on business class seats to Brisbane for £1200 each - thought that was a bargain

CazB
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by CazBeckham
Anyone flown with EVA Air? They are doing a special deal on business class seats to Brisbane for £1200 each - thought that was a bargain

CazB

Hi we saw these fares and considered it good value.
In the end we have booked (2 adults and 2 kids) with Malaysia.
We are flying heathrow to Kuala Lumpur 3rd Nov
1 hr flight to Langkawi - having beach hol complete relaxation for 7 nights.
back to Kl for 3 nights at the Mandarin Oriental then on to Brisbane.
Inc meals this will come to about £4700. We thought for the same price we might as well have a hol on the way.
We have flown back and forth many times. At the time the flight seems unbearable but you soon forget !

I have good things about Eva but never used them.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say Singapore Airlines would be number 1 every time and believe me I have done the Oz /Uk flight enough times to know.
Emirates,Cathay not a patch on Singapore in my humble opinion.Cannot comment on Qantas as I have not flown long haul with them.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Julie9
We have had two similar in price quotes for flights one with qantas stopping at singapore on the way there and at Melbourne on the way back and one with cathay pacific stopping at hong kong both ways dont know which to choose any input would be great thanks
julie
when are you flying? this site has great deals for flights between sep-oct

i quote:
£375 to Aus with MAS
From London
For sale until 31 Oct 2008
Valid for departure 15 Sep - 31 Oct 08
Valid on specific flights
Full payment & ticketing within 7 Days
Minimum stay 5 Days, Max stay 3 Months

www.leestravel.com

check it out, they have different offers all the time
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

helen roberts is just really nicehelen roberts is just really nicehelen roberts is just really nicehelen roberts is just really nicehelen roberts is just really nicehelen roberts is just really nicehelen roberts is just really nicehelen roberts is just really nice

Hi

We also flew Singapore airlines with a stop in Singapore. Brilliant - cannot fault them. We have two young children and would definitely fly with them again.

Helen