Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who enters first ?

Who enters first ?

Old Aug 31st 2003, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Carol & Barry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who enters first ?

Have been granted visas. Wife is main applicant (former resident) but I am keen to arrive earlier to job/property search. No where on the visa or letter from AHC does it state that I cannot enter alone just that we all (including daughter) have to validate before a certain date. However have been told that as Carol is the applicant she must enter with us. Any one know the correct answer to this ? thanks
Old Aug 31st 2003, 8:39 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who enters first ?

Does it not say on your and your daughter's visas "Must not Enter Before {Carol's Name}"?

If so, your wife must validate her visa before you, or at least at the same time and place as you.

Best regards.

Originally posted by Carol & Barry
Have been granted visas. Wife is main applicant (former resident) but I am keen to arrive earlier to job/property search. No where on the visa or letter from AHC does it state that I cannot enter alone just that we all (including daughter) have to validate before a certain date. However have been told that as Carol is the applicant she must enter with us. Any one know the correct answer to this ? thanks
Old Aug 31st 2003, 9:37 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Does it not say on your and your daughter's visas "Must not Enter Before {Carol's Name}"?

If so, your wife must validate her visa before you, or at least at the same time and place as you.

Best regards.
Hi Alan - (thanks once again for your help) No it does not state this on any of the visas ( mine or daughters) gives class of visa , initial entry date by ... , must not arrive after ..... ,.

I cannot see any where on visa or on letter from AHC that says Carol has to enter with us / before.

Letter states that we must enter before 23/01/04. It is VERY IMPORTANT that 'we' enter Australia by the initial entry date ....

What are your thoughts please
Cheers Barry
Old Aug 31st 2003, 10:34 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm puzzled then Barry. I've just had a look at my wife's passport (I was the main applicant) and it has an 8502 condition on it saying "Must not arrive before Alan Collett."

I suggest you might send a fax to the AHC to get the clarity you are after.

Best regards.

Hi Alan - (thanks once again for your help) No it does not state this on any of the visas ( mine or daughters) gives class of visa , initial entry date by ... , must not arrive after ..... ,.

I cannot see any where on visa or on letter from AHC that says Carol has to enter with us / before.

Letter states that we must enter before 23/01/04. It is VERY IMPORTANT that 'we' enter Australia by the initial entry date ....

What are your thoughts please
Cheers Barry
Old Aug 31st 2003, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Well I'm puzzled then Barry. I've just had a look at my wife's passport (I was the main applicant) and it has an 8502 condition on it saying "Must not arrive before Alan Collett."

I suggest you might send a fax to the AHC to get the clarity you are after.

Best regards.
Alan will fax AHC however I have looked at this visa condition on the DIMA website and that (or any other condition) is not declared on any of the 3 visas issued. Anything to do perhaps with the fact that is a former resident class I wonder?.

I will find out and of course and let u know the outcome.

regards
Barry
Old Aug 31st 2003, 11:43 am
Migration Agent

Thanks Barry.

The Migration Regulations pertaining to the 151 Former Resident visa say that condition 8502 may (note - not must) be imposed (the Regs say the same for the visas that I and my family have - 136 Skilled Independent visas) and so if your visa has been issued with no such condition then it would seem that you are at liberty to enter before your wife.

However, and as I have said already, it would be prudent to check this ...

Best regards.

Alan will fax AHC however I have looked at this visa condition on the DIMA website and that (or any other condition) is not declared on any of the 3 visas issued. Anything to do perhaps with the fact that is a former resident class I wonder?.

I will find out and of course and let u know the outcome.

regards
Barry
Old Aug 31st 2003, 11:56 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Who enters first?
I say, ban Carol and Barry.

All this dirty talk must end now!!!
Old Aug 31st 2003, 12:06 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Florida_03
I say, ban Carol and Barry.

All this dirty talk must end now!!!