Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Old Jun 16th 2009, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all
Default Re: Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Originally Posted by corgi
Have you tryed airline network?
They were cheaper than flight centre
Julie
Hi Guys

We flew with Eva air - they were good and 500 quid each for one way. Nice seats, plenty of room and food was good.

We have had to rent our house - came over to Oz on 5th March - the rent covers the mortgageg and agents fees and as they both equal the soddin mortgate we dont make anything so tax is fine, we filled all the forms in and dont have to pay anything. Tennants - who originally wanted a 2 year lease, have now started moaning and realised that the house is further out of town than they though (?) and are moving out in September. The house is a gorgeous cottage in a rural location and is stunning, so should find new tennants - thank god we got agents!!!

It has been worth it, the only problem is for us all our money is tied up in the house so we are skint!!!

I have got a nice job at a local university and Dave has started working, after breaking his leg in the second week of being here

We are lucky enough to stay with friends and are looking at getting our own place in the next month or so when our stuff arrives. Rents are high here on the Gold Coast though - approx $450-500 per week for something decent!!

Jo
x
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of
Default Re: Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Cool We love Little Mountain too
Beth x x
Sent you a PM.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 1:47 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

EA rang to say we had had an offer put in from a potential buyer £20k below the asking price!!! Bearing in mind we've already dropped it £30K
They want to view tomorrow but with an offer like that whats the point in coming???? Is it worth letting them come anyway? They have already viewed it once b4 when we had it up with the other EA!
No news from the viewers who came yesterday yet but i'm not holding my breath seeeing as they wanted to buy one for £500k & ours is on the market for £185k............... Confused.com
Old Jun 16th 2009, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tawkins1
EA rang to say we had had an offer put in from a potential buyer £20k below the asking price!!! Bearing in mind we've already dropped it £30K
They want to view tomorrow but with an offer like that whats the point in coming???? Is it worth letting them come anyway? They have already viewed it once b4 when we had it up with the other EA!
No news from the viewers who came yesterday yet but i'm not holding my breath seeeing as they wanted to buy one for £500k & ours is on the market for £185k............... Confused.com
hard to know what to say hun.......does the EA know if theres any room for movement on offer price?
quite often the first offer isnt the final offer

let us know what u decided - my OH heard that house prices went up in the UK last month...not sure if thats correct?
Old Jun 16th 2009, 4:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

well good luck with whatever you decide, if it was me if there's no negotiation on the offer then i wouldn't let them waste my time, but if the agent thinks they may be flexible then i'd let them view it.

but that's just me and i haven't sold mine!

x
Old Jun 16th 2009, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

my OH heard that house prices went up in the UK last month...not sure if thats correct?[/QUOTE]

according to news reports, mortgage lending rose by 16% (Not sure who to believe anymore though)
Old Jun 16th 2009, 5:33 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lolylew
hard to know what to say hun.......does the EA know if theres any room for movement on offer price?
quite often the first offer isnt the final offer

let us know what u decided - my OH heard that house prices went up in the UK last month...not sure if thats correct?
They came back with an offer 15k below
We have refused it & left it with them now. We did discuss this with them when they viewed that we had already dropped it £30k
& we're not gonna accept any stupid offers so I think they already knew we wouldn't accept it. We'll just have to wait & see
The market is definatley picking up round here & have heard that house prices are on the increase so hopefully we'll get a better offer soon.
The exchange rate is rubbish at the min too so can't afford to accept anything too low
Old Jun 16th 2009, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

They don't deseve your home for putting such a stupid offer on the table!!
Old Jun 16th 2009, 5:35 pm
Living the dream

Originally Posted by vickyandrob
well good luck with whatever you decide, if it was me if there's no negotiation on the offer then i wouldn't let them waste my time, but if the agent thinks they may be flexible then i'd let them view it.

but that's just me and i haven't sold mine!

x
Thanks, A reviewed offer of £15k below has been made & we have refused it so we're just leaving it with them now. We have had 2 couples interested in the last 2 days so we would be stupid to accept such a low offer now. we have done the right thing
Goodluck with your house selling
Old Jun 16th 2009, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, A reviewed offer of £15k below has been made & we have refused it so we're just leaving it with them now. We have had 2 couples interested in the last 2 days so we would be stupid to accept such a low offer now. we have done the right thing
Goodluck with your house selling

Thanks.
Ours has been on the Market for 15 months, dropped it by 40K and had a similar offer to yours. People want something for nothing, it's very irritating!!
The mortgage lending has gone up according to the media so sit tight.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Great Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the rough

At least there seems to be some offers coming through for some of you, albeit very cheeky ones. At this point in time, I'd be happy with bloomin' viewing!! No-one's been through the door in months ...
Old Jun 16th 2009, 11:34 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

We are happy to keep our tenants in our house for now......hopefully things will pick up at some point and we will attempt to sell then Won't make any money on the house but at least the mortgage and the secured loan will be paid off in full
Just can't afford to drop any lower than we were at when we pulled it off the market. Dropped £50k in total
Beth x x
Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

mobilephone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
We are happy to keep our tenants in our house for now......hopefully things will pick up at some point and we will attempt to sell then Won't make any money on the house but at least the mortgage and the secured loan will be paid off in full
Just can't afford to drop any lower than we were at when we pulled it off the market. Dropped £50k in total
Beth x x
Hi all to who are lucky enough to sell and good luck to all who are trying to sell like me.

My house has been for sale ages. Had a offer last year and didnt' except it but hay thats life wasn't meant to be the wife says. ( it was a very low offer any how and Im not giving the house away).

Been to Oz to validate last year but went to Perth and never got to Brisbane wish I had seen it. But then again that will spoil the fun when we finally get to Brisbane.

Good luck to all it will happen soon.
Garry

[/I]
Old Jun 19th 2009, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mobilephone
Hi all to who are lucky enough to sell and good luck to all who are trying to sell like me.

My house has been for sale ages. Had a offer last year and didnt' except it but hay thats life wasn't meant to be the wife says. ( it was a very low offer any how and Im not giving the house away).

Been to Oz to validate last year but went to Perth and never got to Brisbane wish I had seen it. But then again that will spoil the fun when we finally get to Brisbane.

Good luck to all it will happen soon.
Garry

[/I]
Yes, we validated in Perth but are going to Brisbane. We felt that Perth was a little too quiet. (No offence meant) Fortunately we have been to both. You won't be disappointed in Brisbane.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Great Escape
At least there seems to be some offers coming through for some of you, albeit very cheeky ones. At this point in time, I'd be happy with bloomin' viewing!! No-one's been through the door in months ...

Things seem to be hotting up with the Market now, something will come up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.