Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Old Aug 7th 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice
Default Re: Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Well there's only 6 days left until we validate our 175 visas!!!!!
Validating in Brisbane, Melbourne and Tasmania.
Taken house off the market now as it still hadn't sold after 15 months.
Will pay off our credit card from validating then get it back on the market early next year hopefully
Beth x x
Good luck hun, with all you do.

Kind regards Lou xx
Old Aug 7th 2008, 5:04 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Originally Posted by loubiegreen
Good luck hun, with all you do.

Kind regards Lou xx
Thanks Lou
Hope we finally get to Oz and love it!!!!!
Beth x x
Old Aug 7th 2008, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

Thanks Lou
Hope we finally get to Oz and love it!!!!!
Beth x x
can't wait for your (detailed ) report!!!!!
Old Aug 7th 2008, 5:31 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mOZzy
can't wait for your (detailed ) report!!!!!
I'm sure it will be a long one....LOL
Beth x x
Old Aug 7th 2008, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

rosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nice

Hi Guys

Well we are now homeless........ Our house sale has now gone through and the money is in the bank. We are staying with family at present and fly from Glasgow to Brisbane on the 19th August with Emirates.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to sell their properties.

Lesley-ann
Old Aug 7th 2008, 6:53 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rosebee
Hi Guys

Well we are now homeless........ Our house sale has now gone through and the money is in the bank. We are staying with family at present and fly from Glasgow to Brisbane on the 19th August with Emirates.

Lesley-ann
FANTASTIC NEWS! Not that your homeless but that your house sale has gone thru & your on your way soon
Good luck
Old Aug 8th 2008, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Will pay off our credit card from validating then get it back on the market early next year hopefully
Beth x x
Good luck with the validation trip and I hope when you next get the house on the market it goes this time for you.

Have fun in Oz!!!
Old Aug 8th 2008, 10:34 am
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by AndyR
Good luck with the validation trip and I hope when you next get the house on the market it goes this time for you.

Have fun in Oz!!!
Thanks Andy

My 4 girls are soooooooooo excited at the mo.......which is making things much harder for me to sort things out here LOL

After everything we had to go through to get our visa ( see my extended timeline by clicking on my username) we never thought the bloody house would be our biggest hurdle

Never mind though, there seems to be quite a few people having to validate recently........and they have all come back much more positive about Australia.

Good luck with your IELTS test

Beth x x
Old Aug 8th 2008, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

warponydestroyer will become famous soon enoughwarponydestroyer will become famous soon enough

Why take the house off the market.? Would you not be better to keep it up for sale anyway?

Mine has been on the market for a year and we are now desparate.

I was supposed to validate in September - but the job I have been offered in Oz now inform me that it will now only be held for me till end September So it looks like one way ticket for me and leaving the wife and kids in UK for the time being.

I knew the process would be stressful, but b$%%£r me - its far worse than I was expecting.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Well good luck to both of you! I can only imagine how much of a nightmare it is to have the visa and not be able to leave because of the house.

Think I got lucky with the house as now there are none in the area going, but now I'm stuck on the visa with the IELTS test. After doing a 102 page RPL I never thought I'd fall over on the "reading" English part of the assesment.

Whoever says its easy to go to Oz, obviously has never looked into it have they!
Old Aug 8th 2008, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by warponydestroyer

I knew the process would be stressful, but b$%%£r me - its far worse than I was expecting.
I agree, never more stressed in my life for 15 months, not sleeping, constant worry. Only after we completed did I realise just how bad it was. I think this is why Beth has taken hers off, she has been on the market a long time and the stress can be too much, she needs to focus on other things for a while.
Old Aug 8th 2008, 11:43 am
Make it happen!!!!

Thanks

Yes.....15 long months on the market and a difficult visa application was enough for me to deserve some stress-free time.

We dropped the house price to pretty much what we paid for it a few years ago and still nothing

As we now have a full credit card from validating, we can't afford to sell at the mo. Have to pay the cc off asap then re-market the house.

We have no equity in our house at all now.......so when we do sell we break even Don't want to emigrate with a large cc bill either.

Beth x x
Old Aug 8th 2008, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

warponydestroyer will become famous soon enoughwarponydestroyer will become famous soon enough

Thanks

Don't want to emigrate with a large cc bill either.

Beth x x
Now there's a thought ..... would the credit (crunch) card people come after you in oz?
Old Aug 8th 2008, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

TakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by warponydestroyer
Now there's a thought ..... would the credit (crunch) card people come after you in oz?
Speaking as someone who came to the UK from SA with a big credit card bill - yes they would

On the flip side the sods never came to tell me they'd demutualised and owe me R15000, which I now find out I'm 3 weeks over the limit to claim for

Banks - I know what I'd like to do with them
Old Aug 13th 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

hi evreryone,
sorry not been on for weeks, my sons been on the computer practically 24/7 during the holidays....cant get a look in!!!!!!!!!!

Beth x x

think you're probably flying today....but good luck & hope you have a fab time!!!!!!!
let us know how you get on....really excited to hear your validating story

Originally Posted by rosebee
Hi Guys

Lesley-ann

good luck.....let us know how you get on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.