Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Old Jul 10th 2008, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Oh Poo!!!!!

Good luck with your house sale too
We can always meet up when we eventually get there....you never know we may both have sold our houses and be staying.

Nickie
Old Jul 10th 2008, 8:15 am
Banned

simon_avfc is a jewel in the roughsimon_avfc is a jewel in the roughsimon_avfc is a jewel in the roughsimon_avfc is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

People should perhaps drop their asking price to more realistic levels and then they might actually get a sale and not be in this predicament!
Old Jul 10th 2008, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by simon_avfc
People should perhaps drop their asking price to more realistic levels and then they might actually get a sale and not be in this predicament!
Like what??? £150,000 for a 5 bed house???????

we have actually dropped £44,000!

so thanks for your advice but we wont drop anymore.

Nickie
Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:02 am
Banned

simon_avfc is a jewel in the roughsimon_avfc is a jewel in the roughsimon_avfc is a jewel in the roughsimon_avfc is a jewel in the rough

I don't know anything about your house, the local market or where it is so I cannot comment on the price but all I know is that if you are not selling it then it is probably overpriced.

The market is falling. Halifax just announced another 2% drop in prices.

Is holding out for a few extra grand worth the hassle and stress of not being able to sell?

I think this is fair advice.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

stariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
Like what??? £150,000 for a 5 bed house???????

we have actually dropped £44,000!

so thanks for your advice but we wont drop anymore.

Nickie

Have you looked into auction with a reserve ?
i.Or is it not poss When you
have a mortgage do you need to own outright and if you did could
you then ?
Old Jul 10th 2008, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

all very well, but those who have reduced still havent sold.

its more that mortgage companys arnt lending to 1st time buyers, therfore no chains are starting, stopping everyone else.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by stariston
Have you looked into auction with a reserve ?
i.Or is it not poss When you
have a mortgage do you need to own outright and if you did could
you then ?
We have looked into auction, i didnt think about the mortgage bit...oops.

will check that bit out..thanks.

Nickie
Old Jul 10th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lolylew
all very well, but those who have reduced still havent sold.

its more that mortgage companys arnt lending to 1st time buyers, therfore no chains are starting, stopping everyone else.
Hear Hear.

Nickie
Old Jul 10th 2008, 1:33 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

I don't know anything about your house, the local market or where it is so I cannot comment on the price but all I know is that if you are not selling it then it is probably overpriced.

The market is falling. Halifax just announced another 2% drop in prices.

Is holding out for a few extra grand worth the hassle and stress of not being able to sell?

I think this is fair advice.
Do you have a property to sell?
People on this thread have dropped their asking prices down to almost what they paid for it years ago!
You cannot say our houses are not selling cos they are over priced..... Absolute bull!!!!!!!!
We know the market is falling & yes we all want to get to Oz but to drop our house prices were we fall into negative equity just to give some greedy b***** house buyer a bargain then NO THANK YOU!

Last edited by tawkins1; Jul 10th 2008 at 1:36 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

carlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant future

Some good news and hope for this thread

WE HAVE EXCHANGED !!
We first 'sold' last September within a week, great price. Fell through in December, which was the wilds of winter and credit crunch.
Lots of viewing, everyone liked it, no offers.
3 price drops later finally got an offer in May. 20k less than before (so not as bad as some)
Lots of nerves over exchange and delays over a few weeks - then we did it !

Felt like a rabbit in headlights - what to do next. After sitting around waiting for things to happen, suddenly had it all to do.

So we fly on August 10th straight to Melbourne. No accomodation there yet -but we are off !!!!!!!!!

So hang in there - we had to validate by December, so if it fell through might have needed a validation trip

Good luck to you all

Last edited by carlap; Jul 10th 2008 at 3:28 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2008, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carlap
Some good news and hope for this thread

WE HAVE EXCHANGED !!
We first 'sold' last September within a week, great price. Fell through in December, which was the wilds of winter and credit crunch.
Lots of viewing, everyone liked it, no offers.
3 price drops later finally got an offer in May. 20k less than before (so not as bad as some)
Lots of nerves over exchange and delays over a few weeks - then we did it !

Felt like a rabbit in headlights - what to do next. After sitting around waiting for things to happen, suddenly had it all to do.

So we fly on August 10th straight to Melbourne. No accomodation there yet -but we are off !!!!!!!!!

So hang in there - we had to validate by December, so if it fell through might have needed a validation trip

Good luck to you all

fab news....hope all goes well for you
Old Jul 10th 2008, 8:52 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

STFU!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF DO YOU KNOW YOU ARSE
Old Jul 10th 2008, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
STFU!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF DO YOU KNOW YOU ARSE
Well said beth
couldnt have put it better myself
Old Jul 11th 2008, 8:06 am
Banned

Do you have a property to sell?
People on this thread have dropped their asking prices down to almost what they paid for it years ago!
You cannot say our houses are not selling cos they are over priced..... Absolute bull!!!!!!!!
No I don't.

But if I did and I was struggling to find a buyer I would drop the price in line with market expectations and put my current needs before my greed.
Old Jul 11th 2008, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud of

No I don't.

But if I did and I was struggling to find a buyer I would drop the price in line with market expectations and put my current needs before my greed.
I think that this is a very unfair sentiment to express here, one of the biggest issues facing people on this forum is not getting the visa anymore, the issue is selling the house. How would you feel if you felt your dream slipping away from you, many of these people have been thinking about moving to Oz for some time and due to infinite bad luck have ended up having to sell in this market. It is not greed to want to provide the best life possible for your family.

I know I am lucky as I recently completed on my house sale after a long 15 months on the market, it is tough when you see the equity in your house being sucked away when this is the basis on which you have made all your plans. Some people have already reduced their house down to the lowest that they can afford to.

I am not saying that there is not a huge issue in the housing market, houses will not sell at any price if there are no buyers out there but that does not make sellers greedy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.