Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Old May 28th 2008, 7:44 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
LOL.........hubby has a phone interview tonight for a job, if he gets it we're out of here!!!!!
Beth x x
Good luck xxx
Old May 28th 2008, 7:49 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Originally Posted by Issie
Good luck xxx
Thanks
14 months on the market and i really don't care about waiting to sell any more!!!
Beth x x
Old May 28th 2008, 7:59 am
FollowTheYellowBrickRoad

karlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to all

Morning All.

Still no news for me either - Got my telephone appointment with the mortgage advisor today, hopefully we can get it on interest only & save some money, not expecting too much tho - We're lucky enough to only have a small mortgage so I don't think the difference will be much.

I need some advice too - I mentioned before that the recent interest in my house is from a woman who my mum knows - her house is under a compulsory purchase order & she openly told us that she is "very interested in the house, but wants to hold out as long as possible to get as much out of the council for her house as possible" That was 3 weeks ago, should I chase it up? Ring her? Get my mum to ring her? or leave it???
What do you all think? And thanks in advance
Old May 28th 2008, 8:03 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karlakoala
Morning All.

Still no news for me either - Got my telephone appointment with the mortgage advisor today, hopefully we can get it on interest only & save some money, not expecting too much tho - We're lucky enough to only have a small mortgage so I don't think the difference will be much.

I need some advice too - I mentioned before that the recent interest in my house is from a woman who my mum knows - her house is under a compulsory purchase order & she openly told us that she is "very interested in the house, but wants to hold out as long as possible to get as much out of the council for her house as possible" That was 3 weeks ago, should I chase it up? Ring her? Get my mum to ring her? or leave it???
What do you all think? And thanks in advance
Hi KK,
It can't hurt to query if she's still interested.....maybe ask your mum to ask her.
Good luck,
Beth x x
Old May 28th 2008, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Samleeuk
HI Where in Northampton are you, we in Parklands, just swapped agents to O'riordan Bond as seem to be only one selling in area at moment.....problem is really hope they will make difference as we are going mad sitting here thinking too much. Have reduced £40,000, everyone say can't see we could do any more work to it, good value for money etc etc......so sell!!!!!:curse: Hope yours gos thru ok...what agent?
New Duston. We put ours on with Jackson Grundy as they were the only ones who were not stupidly pushy, and they also offered the best rates. We tried all of them but JG seemed the best.

We had Bairstow Eves round to quote and then when we listed with JG they said they couldn't as BE had already listed the property!!! I was fuming and took us 4 days to get them to take it down from Rightmove etc, only worked when I threatened them with legal action for listing a house they weren't allowed to sell.

Really hope yours goes soon. O'Rioridan are very pushy so they should get a result. We didn't try them as when we bought our house 4 years ago we looked at it with Harrison Murray. After we looked at it, O'Rioridan told us they had a property which turned out to be the same house, yet they listed it as £10k more!!! Wasn't impressed with that so have steered clear.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Old May 28th 2008, 9:23 am
FollowTheYellowBrickRoad

karlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to all

Hi KK,
It can't hurt to query if she's still interested.....maybe ask your mum to ask her.
Good luck,
Beth x x

Just what I wanted to hear
Cheers Beth. X X

Tell you hubby - Good Luck with the interview!!
Just imagine, if he get's it, You'll be off
What time will the interview be? I could try sending out positive vibes at the time he's on the phone. Every little helps!

Last edited by karlakoala; May 28th 2008 at 10:51 am.
Old May 28th 2008, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

LOL.........hubby has a phone interview tonight for a job, if he gets it we're out of here!!!!!
Beth x x
good luck, hope it goes well
Old May 31st 2008, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Gallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant future

Hi Beth

How did your hubby's interview go?

We had our Open Day today for the house - a load of rubbish. No one came...although I don't think it helped that Halifax forgot to advertise it earlier this week. :curse:

Thinking of changing EA's now although we don't have long to sell because we fly out on 26th August. We'll just try anything at the moment.

Claire x
Old May 31st 2008, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Gallaghers
Hi Beth

How did your hubby's interview go?

We had our Open Day today for the house - a load of rubbish. No one came...although I don't think it helped that Halifax forgot to advertise it earlier this week. :curse:

Thinking of changing EA's now although we don't have long to sell because we fly out on 26th August. We'll just try anything at the moment.

Claire x

oh no.....how annoying, blummin estate agents hey
could you instruct another agent aswell? what does your agreement say?

lisa
Old May 31st 2008, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Country Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=Gallaghers;6419035]

If its not on at a very realistic price nobody in their right mind will view... Houses have a lot further to go downwards before people will feel confident enough to buy again. The downward pressure on house prices has only just started as a trickle. Factor in mortgage availability and I'm afraid the market is at a standstill.
Old May 31st 2008, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Gallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant future

If its not on at a very realistic price nobody in their right mind will view... Houses have a lot further to go downwards before people will feel confident enough to buy again. The downward pressure on house prices has only just started as a trickle. Factor in mortgage availability and I'm afraid the market is at a standstill.[/QUOTE]

We've reduced it to £129,995 how much more can we reduce a three bed semi in a nice and quiet area - a house has just gone up forsale at £147,995 more or less the same as ours!!!

But at least the sun is shining.
Old May 31st 2008, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lolylew
oh no.....how annoying, blummin estate agents hey
could you instruct another agent aswell? what does your agreement say?

lisa
Apparently we can't advertise with another agent whilst on with Halifax, but we're going to look at some other EA's in the area...possibly something to look into.

It's just so frustrating.

Claire
Old May 31st 2008, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

my house is going no were

but we are validateing visas next week
Old May 31st 2008, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

Well.......it looks like we will have to validate our visas in July as house still not sold
Been on the market for 12 months already, knocked £40k off the original asking price.....and still no joy.
This will put us back another year probably while we make the money back from validating
Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as us?
Beth x x
Hi Beth,
I am hoping to move to Perth next year and wondering if my plan will work for you as well as me?? I am considering selling my house for 80% of its full price to one of these house buyers. I will then put my money into a high savings accont for the year hoping to make up some of what i will have lost. I will rent property for a year which will again give me the chance to save a couple of grand. House prices will drop about 10% anyway so in all I will have lost very little but will have the flexibility of leaving next year. What do you think??
Alan
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Gallaghers
We've reduced it to £129,995 how much more can we reduce a three bed semi in a nice and quiet area - a house has just gone up forsale at £147,995 more or less the same as ours!!!

But at least the sun is shining.
You'll probably find someone round your area with a similar house has put one on at a much lower price. This happeneded ours. We put it on a £140k but 2 days later a same style house round the corner went on at £130k as it was a second home they were selling.

All the viewings of ours then dropped off as people said ours was overpriced, and we ended up after 4 weeks dropping to that price to get it to sell. Housing market is rubbish atm!

Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.