Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Old May 20th 2008, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Originally Posted by mary1967
Thanks for the links.

We had a viewer on Sunday who wants to buy our house, but they've got a house to sell So i think we can safely say that one's a no-go. On the positive side, at least someone else loves my housel:

Just can't believe our luck, why couldn't they have already sold???:
So pleased for you Mary - you never know, this person could sell tomorrow!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.xx

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Good luck Mary with those potential buyers!!!! ::
A psychic told me yesterday that I should sell my house by the end of next month........so keeping everything crossed that it's true :
Beth x x ::
Sounds wonderful - hope it's true. I know you will sell Beth!!!

Originally Posted by alipally
Our house went on the market last week.
We've decided to book return flights for September, if we sell before we'll do what someone else has done and move the return date to next year and come back to the UK for a visit!

Seems like the most sensible option to us at the moment. All bases covered and the family potentially get us on a visit next year if we're making the move in September.

Have looked at all your lovely houses and they are truly lovely, I'm just sorry that the market is in such a dreadful state.

Ali x
Good idea - we have to make plans. Then if the worst happens we know what to do.

I hope it comes true - I'll be asking for her number if it does!!!

And me.

Good idea, hadn't thought of that.
Old May 20th 2008, 9:33 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Originally Posted by Fly Away
So pleased for you Mary - you never know, this person could sell tomorrow!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.xx

Good idea - we have to make plans. Then if the worst happens we know what to do.

sell by tomorrow? this is me you're talking about
Old May 20th 2008, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

sell by tomorrow? this is me you're talking about
You must be due some luck soon!!! I have my fingers and toes crossed for you.
Old May 20th 2008, 9:47 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fly Away
You must be due some luck soon!!! I have my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Thanks Nic Fingers crossed for you as well.
Old May 21st 2008, 12:54 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

We have still had no viewers!!! Boo Hoo!
The house next door has just gone up too!

Not sure what to do about validating??? We are looking to validate in Dec if we don't sell but what are the chances of finding accommodation short notice if we do? Knowing our luck we'll book a flight to validate then sell the house! (chance would be a fine thing!)

This is def the hardest part of this whole migration process!
Old May 21st 2008, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Gallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tawkins1
We have still had no viewers!!! Boo Hoo!
The house next door has just gone up too!

Not sure what to do about validating??? We are looking to validate in Dec if we don't sell but what are the chances of finding accommodation short notice if we do? Knowing our luck we'll book a flight to validate then sell the house! (chance would be a fine thing!)

This is def the hardest part of this whole migration process!
Hi.

I agree it most definately is the hardest part.

We've still not sold, been up since last May. We have arranged with the EAs to do an open day later this month. We have to validate before 9th September and we fly out on 26th August for a holiday. But hopefully we will have sold and we won't be coming back.

Had quite a few viewings and had 4 very cheeky offers.

I wake up at night thinking about it, it's on my mind as soon as I wake up....arrghh I think I'm going mad.

I'm trying to keep positive but it's really, really hard.

Good luck everyone, we'll all be there one day.
Old May 21st 2008, 2:41 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

I've started to contact those home buying companies to see what type of offers they can come up with
13 long months on the market and I'm beginning to doubt we will ever sell
Will let you know what offers I get when they come back
Beth x x
Old May 21st 2008, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Gallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant future

A local home buying company posted a letter through our door, which said that they were prepared to buy our house for £30,000 under the asking price.

It'll be interesting to see if you get any good quotes. Keep us updated!!
Old May 21st 2008, 3:27 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Gallaghers
A local home buying company posted a letter through our door, which said that they were prepared to buy our house for £30,000 under the asking price.
The question then is: when did you set your asking price? If it was based on a valuation done more than, say, four months ago, the offer might not be unreasonable! Prices have fallen: that's the way it is.

Cheers
b

Last edited by benlast; May 21st 2008 at 3:28 pm. Reason: Mizspelin
Old May 21st 2008, 4:25 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Gallaghers

It'll be interesting to see if you get any good quotes. Keep us updated!!
We've already dropped ours by £20k already! So another £10k wont make much difference
:curse:
Old May 21st 2008, 4:29 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

First Offer in at £115k.......WTF!!!!!!! That was with 'Fast Track'.

House on market at £159,950 (reduced from £179,950 6 months ago).

Beth x x
Old May 21st 2008, 4:35 pm
Living the dream

OMG! Their havin a giraffe aren't they?????????????????
Cheeky B*****s :curse:
Old May 21st 2008, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

I had a private investor out to have a look at the house and he offered me 90 k for it. It was on the market in November for 130k and I have reduced it to offers over 110k. He told me how much I had payed for the house and that why he was offering me that amount, I did say to him what about all the money I have spent on it and he said it did ot matter as he was going to rent it out. I was so angry with him, I think that these people and companies should not be able to look at the prices that you have bought the house for. He also said that if I would of bought the property for move he would of offered me more for it -- My reply was f off, it was a mess when I bought it. Good luck though If anyone finds any good companies let us all know won't you
Old May 21st 2008, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
First Offer in at £115k.......WTF!!!!!!! That was with 'Fast Track'.

House on market at £159,950 (reduced from £179,950 6 months ago).

Beth x x
OMG beth how do these people / companies sleep at night, they must all drink horlicks
Old May 21st 2008, 4:40 pm
Make it happen!!!!

I bought it for £150k almost 3 years ago and have had to do loads of work on it to basically live in it!!!!! :curse:
Beth.......on a mission to sell her house!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.