Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

Old Aug 23rd 2010, 10:26 am
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

Originally Posted by kjj
Well, the same buyers came back with an offer but have not been able to increase thier offer, but given that it was in the ball park and things are not predicted to get any better, we have accepted. In the hands of the solicitors now. The chain is only small and looks secure, so here's hoping that we will have exchanged before we leave on the 23rd September.
KJJ
Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly for you
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by myrtle1
Hope you're all sitting down ...

WE HAVE COMPLETED ON THE HOUSE
3rd time lucky - absolutely over the moon and off for a few cold ones!!!
Wow, Congratulations! Its been a long time coming. My OH flys Wednesday and then if our house goes through as planned me and the boys follow in 4/5 weeks Enjoy the feeling and the cold ones!
Emma x
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

LoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really nice

Hope you're all sitting down ...........

WE HAVE COMPLETED ON THE HOUSE
3rd time lucky - absolutely over the moon and off for a few cold ones!!!
Way to go

We put ours back up on Monday past got a viewer on Thursday note of interest on Friday and 2 viewers on Sunday Oh please sell sooonnnnnn.....
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

LoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really nice

Originally Posted by kjj
Well, the same buyers came back with an offer but have not been able to increase thier offer, but given that it was in the ball park and things are not predicted to get any better, we have accepted. In the hands of the solicitors now. The chain is only small and looks secure, so here's hoping that we will have exchanged before we leave on the 23rd September.
KJJ
Take it and run... well done hope things go smoothly for you x
Old Aug 24th 2010, 12:44 am
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by emma75
Wow, Congratulations! Its been a long time coming. My OH flys Wednesday and then if our house goes through as planned me and the boys follow in 4/5 weeks Enjoy the feeling and the cold ones!
Emma x
Thank you - we are sooo relieved!! Things are speeding up for you now too! Will send some lucky karma to be sure

Originally Posted by LoopyL
Way to go
We put ours back up on Monday past got a viewer on Thursday note of interest on Friday and 2 viewers on Sunday Oh please sell sooonnnnnn.....
Thanks - wish you so much luck with your house sale - you deserve a speedy one
Old Aug 24th 2010, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks you two - we are still in shock! In the end it all happened so fast! Such a relief though
Well done ! What a relief for you all! x
Old Aug 24th 2010, 7:50 am
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kjj
KJJ
Originally Posted by emma75
Emma x
Originally Posted by LoopyL
Way to go

GOOD LUCK to you all
Old Aug 24th 2010, 10:28 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by carolinejones3
Well done ! What a relief for you all! x
Thank you - think we are still celebrating
Old Aug 24th 2010, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY WE HAVE EXCHANGED CONTRACTS THIS AFTERNOON

I haven't been on this site for nearly 2 weeks as I could not bring myself to come back on here until we had exchanged.

It has been a very difficult few weeks and has taken it's toll on us a bit. We were hoping for a smooth process but it has been anything but smooth, but at least a happy conclusion.

The buyers nearly pulled out twice, once we thought it was all over and it was just about to go back on the market when the buyers came back. There have been niggling negotiations regading all sorts of things.

The people at the bottom of the chain nearly pulled out, something to do with our buyers house being a 99 year lease hold property and that causing all sorts of problems. I really thought we had lost our buyer.

There have been time when we could really have ripped our hair out, many people go through this I know when it comes to selling a house.

I must say it feels fantastic to have this part of the process out of the way. This was the only part that wasn't under our control. Everything else from here on in is our own decisions on when we go, where we live, where we work and so on

We will need a mortgage eventually in Australia of course but right now it feel's good to be 100% debt free as well.

Now we have a VERY busy bank holiday infront of us getting everything out of our house

It is all very scarey but at the same time very exciting as well.

GOOD LUCK to anyone else going through this, I really hope it goes well for you all.

Off to get a few beers

Last edited by Jon77; Aug 24th 2010 at 1:31 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 1:32 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon77
Good on you! Congrats. Must be a grand feeling, especially with it being so difficult to sell there at the mo.

A few sherberts now?

A.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Good on you! Congrats. Must be a grand feeling, especially with it being so difficult to sell there at the mo.

A few sherberts now?

A.
Thanks, such a weight lifted in one phone call
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Lymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant futureLymm Mover has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

Thanks, such a weight lifted in one phone call
Well done!!!!!!

We are 2 years for sale and still waiting. One day though we will be going through what you have done.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:46 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

I haven't been on this site for nearly 2 weeks as I could not bring myself to come back on here until we had exchanged.

It has been a very difficult few weeks and has taken it's toll on us a bit. We were hoping for a smooth process but it has been anything but smooth, but at least a happy conclusion.

The buyers nearly pulled out twice, once we thought it was all over and it was just about to go back on the market when the buyers came back. There have been niggling negotiations regading all sorts of things.

The people at the bottom of the chain nearly pulled out, something to do with our buyers house being a 99 year lease hold property and that causing all sorts of problems. I really thought we had lost our buyer.

There have been time when we could really have ripped our hair out, many people go through this I know when it comes to selling a house.

I must say it feels fantastic to have this part of the process out of the way. This was the only part that wasn't under our control. Everything else from here on in is our own decisions on when we go, where we live, where we work and so on

We will need a mortgage eventually in Australia of course but right now it feel's good to be 100% debt free as well.

Now we have a VERY busy bank holiday infront of us getting everything out of our house

It is all very scarey but at the same time very exciting as well.

GOOD LUCK to anyone else going through this, I really hope it goes well for you all.

Off to get a few beers
CONGRATULATIONS

Originally Posted by Lymm Mover
Well done!!!!!!

We are 2 years for sale and still waiting. One day though we will be going through what you have done.
We have now been for sale for 18 months and haven't even had one offer so we are now looking at changing our mortgage and renting. Good luck to you
Old Aug 24th 2010, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAK
CONGRATULATIONS

We have now been for sale for 18 months and haven't even had one offer so we are now looking at changing our mortgage and renting. Good luck to you
Congrats Jon you will be on cloud 9 right now...

We have been on over a year but let it lapse over the summer so was off the market for a month we have since changed agents so we need to see how things go!!
Old Aug 24th 2010, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for all the best wishes all

I must say though I am glad to leave this thread behind and move on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.