Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

Old May 28th 2010, 4:33 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Good luck you two.

The couple that made an offer on our house wanted to move in on 1st July. No way could it be done and would have cost us loads of money, so that fell through.

Since then it's been quiet. Probably going to lower our asking price now (today).
Quietened off here too - really noticeably so, since the house initially went on the market in Feb. We have just officially lowered our asking price today - it's just gotta be done!!!!! Good luck Alf

Originally Posted by Hoolio1972
sod it, we've rented our house for 2yrs and booked flights for Sept!
Yay - exciting stuff! Now the fun begins ...
Old May 28th 2010, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Good on ya.

Originally Posted by myrtle1
Quietened off here too - really noticeably so, since the house initially went on the market in Feb. We have just officially lowered our asking price today - it's just gotta be done!!!!! Good luck Alf

Yep, looks that way M. Good luck too!
Old May 28th 2010, 6:26 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

rahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of light

Hi both,
Know how you feel We took a hit on the price first May bank Holiday and not ONE viewing since - the bizarre thing is that in that period we've had 681 view online, and 318 PRINT OFF details! Either the world is FULL of nosey people OR people are interested but not in a position to move - Mega-frustrating!!
Good Luck with your new prices
Old May 28th 2010, 8:07 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rahrah
Hi both,
Know how you feel We took a hit on the price first May bank Holiday and not ONE viewing since - the bizarre thing is that in that period we've had 681 view online, and 318 PRINT OFF details! Either the world is FULL of nosey people OR people are interested but not in a position to move - Mega-frustrating!!
Good Luck with your new prices
We haven't reduced our price yet, but a couple of houses near us have and they still haven't sold. Although I keep seeing sold signs the housing market still seems slow. I was hoping the warmer weather might get more people looking but we still haven't had any views for ages. Good luck everyone let's hope we all get buyers this year
Old May 28th 2010, 11:53 pm
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

With net migration dropping drastically in the UK, I only see house prices dropping in the foreseeable future.

We currently rent out our UK property, and I see this situation continuing for some time ahead.
Old May 29th 2010, 5:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Mr. EA said that because it's half term, it's quiet everywhere and not to worry. He reckons it will pick again when everyone is back.

So we won't drop asking price just yet.
Old May 29th 2010, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Thought I would do just a quick update.

Still not exchanged, but hope to do so in the next week or so. A few hold your breath moments, but all settled again.

Our buyers have agreed to complete near end of July. So if all keeps going to plan will be in Oz beg of Aug. Plan to stay at my mums for a few days before we head of down to London.

Have put down a deposit on holiday rental
Shippers been and quote agreed.
Bank accounts sorted (NAB)
Trading account opened
IELTS passed !!!!

On with job hunt.

Going to Palma week on Monday with my Bezzie for last blast
Just been to Hastings with my mum
Have finished work !!!!!
Roller coaster...

Good luck to all, I know how it feels.

Caroline
Old May 29th 2010, 12:30 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by carolinejones3
Thought I would do just a quick update.

Still not exchanged, but hope to do so in the next week or so. A few hold your breath moments, but all settled again.

Our buyers have agreed to complete near end of July. So if all keeps going to plan will be in Oz beg of Aug. Plan to stay at my mums for a few days before we head of down to London.

Have put down a deposit on holiday rental
Shippers been and quote agreed.
Bank accounts sorted (NAB)
Trading account opened
IELTS passed !!!!

On with job hunt.

Going to Palma week on Monday with my Bezzie for last blast
Just been to Hastings with my mum
Have finished work !!!!!
Roller coaster...

Good luck to all, I know how it feels.

Caroline
Wow you have been busy! Congrats on passing IELTS have a great holiday with your friend Good luck with job search

Janet
Old May 30th 2010, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

mguy84 will become famous soon enoughmguy84 will become famous soon enough

Just put the house on the market last week. I have a job in Brisbane which starts on the 5th July and the wife will remain in the UK until the end of August. We will then pack up and go sale or no sale, so I am holding thumbs.
Old May 30th 2010, 2:48 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mguy84
Just put the house on the market last week. I have a job in Brisbane which starts on the 5th July and the wife will remain in the UK until the end of August. We will then pack up and go sale or no sale, so I am holding thumbs.
Congratulations on getting a job before you get there, wish my OH could do that. Good luck with the house
Old Jun 1st 2010, 10:41 am
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

We have just officially lowered our asking price today - it's just gotta be done!!!!!
Well - we had a viewing last Saturday at 2pm and they then booked a second viewing for later the same day. The cheeky buggers have offered £15,000 under the revised asking price Told them to go whistle!!!!!!
Old Jun 1st 2010, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

I know its really anoying when this happens. We have (still holding breath) just sold the house subject to contract and excepted offer 16K below asking price. The house has been on market for two years.

I am not sure what your position is, if you can afford to take the hit. Please think very carefully re an offer, it maybe 2 years again down the line before you get an offer ? Then that hit of 15K may not have been so hard to take.

I am not an expert and I am only giving my experience (and of others) from hindsight. Any offer in todays climate is worthy of consideration. Have you offered a counter offer ? they maybe willing to negotiate a price but have come in cheeky ? :frown

Good luck

C
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:45 pm
heading back to oz..again

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light

good for you, where u heading? hope all goes well, we also have decided to just go for it paid for shippers today bringing boxes next week this is our 2nd time so should be used to it lol
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by collybabe24
good for you, where u heading? hope all goes well, we also have decided to just go for it paid for shippers today bringing boxes next week this is our 2nd time so should be used to it lol

Are you doing all your own packing Colly?
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:22 pm
heading back to oz..again

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Are you doing all your own packing Colly?
Hiya we are only taking 15 boxes, plasma which we bought from oz, 2 kids bikes, cot, computer, tool box and hubbys power tools so i'll be packing the boxes and they will pack the rest, cant be bothered taking anything else as you can get things pretty cheap there if you look around, colleen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.