Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:40 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

Originally Posted by carolinejones3
I know its really anoying when this happens. We have (still holding breath) just sold the house subject to contract and excepted offer 16K below asking price. The house has been on market for two years.

I am not sure what your position is, if you can afford to take the hit. Please think very carefully re an offer, it maybe 2 years again down the line before you get an offer ? Then that hit of 15K may not have been so hard to take.

I am not an expert and I am only giving my experience (and of others) from hindsight. Any offer in todays climate is worthy of consideration. Have you offered a counter offer ? they maybe willing to negotiate a price but have come in cheeky ? :frown

Good luck

C
Yeah - can understand what you are saying .... but we have dropped it £15,000 so this offer was £30,000 under the original asking price. To be honest, we have had a few offers which show that we shouldn't have a problem getting our revised price but all the offers so far have come from people who cannot proceed with the sale at the present time. Cannot quite bring ourselves to settle for £15,000 less than the revised price - we may well have to let it out!! Still crossing fingers though at the moment - estate agent is trying to negotiate a deal
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by collybabe24
Hiya we are only taking 15 boxes, plasma which we bought from oz, 2 kids bikes, cot, computer, tool box and hubbys power tools so i'll be packing the boxes and they will pack the rest, cant be bothered taking anything else as you can get things pretty cheap there if you look around, colleen
Ah ok, I suppose having done it before you have a very clear idea of what and what not to take. Hindsight is the best sight.

Good luck with the packing.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:42 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carolinejones3
Thought I would do just a quick update.

Still not exchanged, but hope to do so in the next week or so. A few hold your breath moments, but all settled again.

Our buyers have agreed to complete near end of July. So if all keeps going to plan will be in Oz beg of Aug. Plan to stay at my mums for a few days before we head of down to London.

Have put down a deposit on holiday rental
Shippers been and quote agreed.
Bank accounts sorted (NAB)
Trading account opened
IELTS passed !!!!

On with job hunt.

Going to Palma week on Monday with my Bezzie for last blast
Just been to Hastings with my mum
Have finished work !!!!!
Roller coaster...

Good luck to all, I know how it feels.

Caroline

Everything crossed that yours gets sorted before your hols - bet that help you chill after all the planning
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:50 pm
heading back to oz..again

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Ah ok, I suppose having done it before you have a very clear idea of what and what not to take. Hindsight is the best sight.

Good luck with the packing.
Thanks, it is a lot easier as you dont have to wait around for your things to arrive, hope evrything goes to plan for you, just had a nosey at ur blog love the pics they are gorgeous we just bought a new cannon but havent a clue how to take gorgeous pics like that.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, it is a lot easier as you dont have to wait around for your things to arrive, hope evrything goes to plan for you, just had a nosey at ur blog love the pics they are gorgeous we just bought a new cannon but havent a clue how to take gorgeous pics like that.

So are you sending the boxes air-freight to get there quicker rather than by sea?

Thanks for photos compliment. It reminded me to make a change which I was meaning to do for a while.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 5:33 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Well we're giving up on the selling idea, getting things organised for the rental market instead and we are now being optimistic that the pound:aud remains crap, that means our debts will be easier paid off with aud.
See every cloud and all that
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 8:54 am

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Alfresco
So are you sending the boxes air-freight to get there quicker rather than by sea?

Thanks for photos compliment. It reminded me to make a change which I was meaning to do for a while.

No way would cost a fortune, they are going by sea they say 10 weeks all in with customs clearance, so hopefully wont have to do without them for too long.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 2:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No way would cost a fortune, they are going by sea they say 10 weeks all in with customs clearance, so hopefully wont have to do without them for too long.
Yep, that's what I was thinking. Air-freight is pricey. We'll have to make do without some luxuries for a while.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by myrtle1
Well - we had a viewing last Saturday at 2pm and they then booked a second viewing for later the same day. The cheeky buggers have offered £15,000 under the revised asking price Told them to go whistle!!!!!!
The only way is up so stand your ground.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 10:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by eugene43
The only way is up so stand your ground.
Ha - we live in hope! They came back with a final offer of £8,000 more but we are stalling for time as we had a viewing tonight and another tomorrow! Their revised price will be £22 under our original Market price. Bleeding nightmare from start to finish!! But the good things is ... Only 27 sleeps to go and we're on our way
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 10:28 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

rahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of light

Ha - we live in hope! They came back with a final offer of £8,000 more but we are stalling for time as we had a viewing tonight and another tomorrow! Their revised price will be £22 under our original Market price. Bleeding nightmare from start to finish!! But the good things is ... Only 27 sleeps to go and we're on our way
What a rollercoaster ride ! - Good luck with the bargaining and for 28 days a new life !!!
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good luck! Hope it happens this time round.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

We've been looking into the CGT in Aus. As far as we can tell even if you buy a house in aus you can nominate the uk house as your main residence thus protecting it from CGT. Think you can do this for 6 years from leaving the house yourself. Though of course your aus house will be subject to it during the time it is not your main residence. Also if you bought the house before sometime in 1985 its also exempt as its before CGT was introduced - may apply to a few oldies emigrating.

Uk CGT you are exempt from if you are out of the UK for 5 yrs or if you have let it after it being your home no more than 3 years ago.

I may have some of this a bit wrong but just trying to make the point it's not as simple as it first looks but worth checking out with an expert if buying a house here and still having the uk one.

And that assumes a profit is made from the point at which your emigrated to selling - not such a certainty in these times!
Old Jun 7th 2010, 6:26 pm

Well 10 viewings in 2 weeks is not bad to say we live in the crappiest town in the uk, but now everything has died down, booked our flights yesterday, fly 20th august so fingers crossed i get a buyer, just couldnt hold out any longer feel like our lives are passing us by, all we are doing is waiting for this damn house to sell, hope everyone gets some good news soon
Old Jun 8th 2010, 2:45 am
Just Joined

michelleh is on a distinguished road

Hi....Myself, hubby and two boys left England 30/03/09...we to could not sell our house after 14 months on the market...we had to enter Australia to get our visa's stamped so decided to change our mortgage to interest only (to make it more doable should the house have no tenants at any time). We are now after many tears returning to the UK. We reduced our property by 20 thousand before we came out trying to sell...this did'nt work.... we are living in South east queensland and average property prices are 6 to 7 times annual wage!! ... our estate agent back in england has just e-mailed to say things are even worse and our house has been de-valued again.... we simply cannot afford to stay...my husband is woking full time earning $72,000 and I am part time earning $15,000...we would struggle like mad to be able to live...we have approached both banks and financial advisors here and we would need to save a 20% deposit to even get on the housing market so on a $400,000 dollar house (which is the lower end of the scale and certainly not what you see on A life down under) we would need at leat $40,000 ...in the meantime house prices are just increasing, whilst UK is decreasing... we feel we have had our minds made up for us by circumstance, we absolutely love the area, are not homesick, have settled in with friends and jobs ...but the simple truth is we cannot afford to stay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.