Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who does your hair? (perth)

Who does your hair? (perth)

Old Jun 10th 2005, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

steven'n'debi will become famous soon enoughsteven'n'debi will become famous soon enough
Default Who does your hair? (perth)

calling all ex pats in perth!

i posted somthin simelar here ages ago! but was only viewed by the so called whingin poms!!

anywiy! where do all the ex pats go for their hair done! over in edinburgh its really popular to get a good stylest out to the house! usually to do the whole familly in one go! savin time money and less stressfull! thats what iv been doin for the last few months since i gave up my salon, and to be honest its a blast! (bara ba ba ba im lovin it!!)

so does any one do that?? or do most guys drive for ages! argue with parkin attendants, sit in a salon full of posers, pay a small fortune! then have to go through it again to get the kids done!

just curious!!
Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:34 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who does your hair? (perth)

Originally Posted by steven'n'debi

i posted somthin simelar here ages ago! but was only viewed by the so called whingin poms!!

anywiy! where do all the ex pats go for their hair done! over in edinburgh its really popular to get a good stylest out to the house! usually to do the whole familly in one go! savin time money and less stressfull! thats what iv been doin for the last few months since i gave up my salon, and to be honest its a blast! (bara ba ba ba im lovin it!!)

so does any one do that?? or do most guys drive for ages! argue with parkin attendants, sit in a salon full of posers, pay a small fortune! then have to go through it again to get the kids done!

just curious!!
Better bump this as it's now morning(can't believe I'm up this early! We babysat last night, and they were picked up early. It's very good really, I'm showered, dressed, had breakfast, have the whole day ahead of me for once! )

Anyway.... I go to a different one each time, as I'm not fussy(hair usually only needs a trim anyway, it's longish and straight) and like trying different stuff. Go to one close by, whichever one has time when I decide at the last minute I need my hair done!

I know some of my friends go to I think 'Eveda'(?!) in Cottosloe. See, they're the opposite from me, they drive an hour for a good one! I've heard the do the whole massage thing to though, which all sounds great, but unfortunetly I don't have enough money(or at least would rather not spend it on a hairdresser I should for a treat one day though... )

I know there's hairdressers that come to your house too. A colleague of mine always does that. It's usually who you know I think, though maybe such ones are in the yellow pages too....?
Mmm, try www.yellowpages.com.au

Good luck, I'm sure you'll find something you like, but don't expect it to happen straight away!

Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:45 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Ihave been to a few, but the best one so far was Leanne at maurice meade at whitfords, she is the manageress there. She cut it lovely and i was really pleased with it. Mind you i cant do a thing with it now at the back as you can never reach can you
Joanne
Old Jun 11th 2005, 5:30 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
I know some of my friends go to I think 'Eveda'(?!) in Cottosloe.
A little ehhh, fairy... has told me it's Emm salon in Cottesloe and they use Aveda organic hair and beauty products.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 6:14 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

just curious!!
I dont know the answer to this...but Im going to need a good hairdresser when I get there...my mate does mine here,at her house,and its one thing I was not looking forward to...going to various hairdressers until you find one you like. Get to perth and put some ads out is the answer...Im sure with so many brits who are used to hairdressers at home, living out there now,you will get some responce and you never know the idea with the ozzies just might catch on...
Old Jun 11th 2005, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

It does depend on whereabouts in perth you live, but I swear by Renos in Joondalup.

I am VERY particular about my hair cut, and they do it just great!!

Very funky cut, a bit like a feather cut/a rod stewart cut/the 70's cut all rolled into one!!!
Old Jun 11th 2005, 4:19 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

just curious!!
Depends in Perth really deosn't it? I go to the barbers in Currambine Shopping Centre, probably closest for me. Louise has been to the ladies hairdresser in Kinross Shopping Centre.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 9:30 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

There seems to have been a lot of discussion on hair/hairdressers on the site and this makes me wonder, is there a problem with getting your barnet sorted out in perth? bearing in mind that hairdressers are on the trade list that must be some skills shortage if its on there, is hairdressing something to be coveted in oz? and whats the cost then? just got a wet trim (no jokes please) this morning for £11......
Old Jun 12th 2005, 1:20 am
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by squeezzii
There seems to have been a lot of discussion on hair/hairdressers on the site and this makes me wonder, is there a problem with getting your barnet sorted out in perth? bearing in mind that hairdressers are on the trade list that must be some skills shortage if its on there, is hairdressing something to be coveted in oz? and whats the cost then? just got a wet trim (no jokes please) this morning for £11......
Hiya neither of us had any worries getting hair done. For me it was the one at Currambine or Doyles in Lakeside Joondalup. Cost me $19 for a blokes cut, cheaper than the £14 I paid in Surrey.

Paul
Old Jun 12th 2005, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

steven'n'debi will become famous soon enoughsteven'n'debi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gajjitt
Hiya neither of us had any worries getting hair done. For me it was the one at Currambine or Doyles in Lakeside Joondalup. Cost me $19 for a blokes cut, cheaper than the £14 I paid in Surrey.

Paul
this is all good people but were totally side tracked from the origonal post

does any one get there barnet done at home?????????
Old Jun 12th 2005, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

this is all good people but were totally side tracked from the origonal post

does any one get there barnet done at home?????????

will help you out here, I have a friend who is mobile hairdresser so they do exist here, she works in salon part time and also does peoples hair at home, I use her at home for my son but I like a bit of pampering for me so as Simone says I go to EMM in Cottesloe (great treatment, hand, head massage and up to date magazines!), fab place and same price as the other disastrous hairdressers I have visited here :scared:
Old Jun 12th 2005, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Teresa
will help you out here, I have a friend who is mobile hairdresser so they do exist here, she works in salon part time and also does peoples hair at home, I use her at home for my son but I like a bit of pampering for me so as Simone says I go to EMM in Cottesloe (great treatment, hand, head massage and up to date magazines!), fab place and same price as the other disastrous hairdressers I have visited here :scared:
My wife is a mobile hairdresser here in the UK and looking to move to Perth soon,she has been doing this for some 20 years so hopefully she will be looking for some new clients
Old Jun 12th 2005, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Zebra4 is on a distinguished road

Have to say, I don't know anyone who gets their hair done at home. Parking isn't an issue so we arrive at salon, get pampered with latest mags, head massage, all the goss, we don't have to tip and prices are fair. They have hairdressers in all the shopping centres and all the hairdressers and barbers appear to be doing well.