Who dives?

Old Jul 4th 2009, 3:34 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who dives?

Does any-body do any scuba diving out in oz, apart from bsac divers who seem too full of regs an other pointless rubbish before you even thin of donning a wetsuit.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 6:26 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of
Default Re: Who dives?

Originally Posted by jasonlec
Does any-body do any scuba diving out in oz, apart from bsac divers who seem too full of regs an other pointless rubbish before you even thin of donning a wetsuit.
Not entirely sure what you're asking here. I've dived in Oz (Ayr, GBR, Port Philip Bay in Melbourne, etc.) as a certified PADI advanced diver. Never had any problems.

Can you clarify what you're asking?

- CDM
Old Jul 4th 2009, 10:19 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

One day I'll be one of them; can't wait to dive in Australia.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 12:28 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
One day I'll be one of them; can't wait to dive in Australia.
There are some great dive spots over on my side of the island Mo. Tell you what...You come here for the diving and we'll visit you for the scenery and my fix of your area.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Many people dive here, whereabouts in Oz are you thinking of?

I was PADI in the UK but since coming here I've joined BSAC as most other clubs here are run by dive shops.

www.diveoz.com.au in the main online dive place for Oz
Old Jul 5th 2009, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

sorry but you are talking shit. you will get on well with some of the idiots that i have seen here that have the "she'll be right" attitude to diving.

and i would not dive with some one that has that kind of attitude, you give the sport a bad name.

'
Old Jul 5th 2009, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robert cowan
sorry but you are talking shit. you will get on well with some of the idiots that i have seen here that have the "she'll be right" attitude to diving.

and i would not dive with some one that has that kind of attitude, you give the sport a bad name.
'
I agree. DS2 is a PADI diver - you really dont want to muck about with scuba equipment without some sort of training and accreditation unless you are just going snorkelling. That way drowning lies.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 5:42 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
There are some great dive spots over on my side of the island Mo. Tell you what...You come here for the diving and we'll visit you for the scenery and my fix of your area.
Dot, that is SO going in my wish book, no fears.
Our neighbors just got back from a couple of weeks in Hawaii where they'd done a house swap with a family.. traded cars & house and both families got a great deal on a holiday.. Perfect!
I'm def. more interested in the west coast of Aus.. well, 'more'? The more I learn, the longer my trip there needs to be.

OK, on the diving, no idea what the OP is on about & the answers are getting spicy now. So dude, what are 'pointless regs' when it comes to diving?
I like the ones that have kept me alive for 20+ years.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 5:53 pm
CDM
BE Enthusiast

CDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud ofCDM has much to be proud of

It's probably also worth pointing out that diving with 'regs' is a necessity anyway. How else are you going to breathe underwater anyway? ;-)

- CDM
Old Jul 5th 2009, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by CDM
It's probably also worth pointing out that diving with 'regs' is a necessity anyway. How else are you going to breathe underwater anyway? ;-)

- CDM
I *did* want to go there...
Old Jul 5th 2009, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

AlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the roughAlanEll is a jewel in the rough

Steven Gerrard is one hell of a diver

Old Jul 5th 2009, 8:27 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a PADI IDC Staff Instructor and dive when time permits still. I think you refer to, and are critical, of the BSAC club system as opposed to the diving training that is provided by them, which is excellent.

PADI remains the number once certification and diving agency in the world by a massive margin, however BSAC does have its place within the industry for people looking for that type of UK "club" diving experience, as opposed to the more casual diver approach of PADI.

Needless to say BSAC is not well represented in Australia, being a primary British organisation of course. A perusal of BSAC centers and dive clubs in Australia in the directory will show bearely a handful.

However, both agencies offer excellent levels of training in the various skills involved at the different levels of the sport.

I wish you well in your diving regardless of whether you are BSAC, NAUI, PADI or indeed any of the other smaller training agencies. We share the love of the sea and water regardless of who taught us to breathe underwater.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Centurion
I'm a PADI IDC Staff Instructor and dive when time permits still. I think you refer to, and are critical, of the BSAC club system as opposed to the diving training that is provided by them, which is excellent.

PADI remains the number once certification and diving agency in the world by a massive margin, however BSAC does have its place within the industry for people looking for that type of UK "club" diving experience, as opposed to the more casual diver approach of PADI.

Needless to say BSAC is not well represented in Australia, being a primary British organisation of course. A perusal of BSAC centers and dive clubs in Australia in the directory will show bearely a handful.

However, both agencies offer excellent levels of training in the various skills involved at the different levels of the sport.

I wish you well in your diving regardless of whether you are BSAC, NAUI, PADI or indeed any of the other smaller training agencies. We share the love of the sea and water regardless of who taught us to breathe underwater.
very well put.