Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who did you use to ship your car??

Who did you use to ship your car??

Old Jun 19th 2005, 7:04 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Who did you use to ship your car??

Considering taking husband's work vehicle because it is virtually brand new and ideal for both work and play (Mitsubishi Animal). Know it will cost a fortune but consider worth it. Can anyone recommend a company that ships vehicles please? Ta
Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:54 pm
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Who did you use to ship your car??

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Considering taking husband's work vehicle because it is virtually brand new and ideal for both work and play (Mitsubishi Animal). Know it will cost a fortune but consider worth it. Can anyone recommend a company that ships vehicles please? Ta
Hello Jac

I got the Navara for work and play looked into this cos mine is fairly new too.

Forget it its a real pain in the bot, we found the cheapest way was to get a 40ft container and pack it as with all ya bits from the house
Robinson quoted 7.5K plus all the tax and import duties.

Check out Ford falcon or holden utes simular idea but much more car like and far far cheaper

tat tar from muggy old london
Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bed Of Roses
Hello Jac

I got the Navara for work and play looked into this cos mine is fairly new too.

Forget it its a real pain in the bot, we found the cheapest way was to get a 40ft container and pack it as with all ya bits from the house
Robinson quoted 7.5K plus all the tax and import duties.

Check out Ford falcon or holden utes simular idea but much more car like and far far cheaper

tat tar from muggy old london

Hi Nige - i looked into all this a while back for my beloved darling car but hubbie said no way. HA!!! different story now though when he wants take his bloody car!!!! Bloody t*sser!!!! GRRRRRR
Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:59 pm
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

Hi Nige - i looked into all this a while back for my beloved darling car but hubbie said no way. HA!!! different story now though when he wants take his bloody car!!!! Bloody t*sser!!!! GRRRRRR

We doo love our toys us boys
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:26 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL

Its about right though eh.... we get told no but they insist on something and get there own way cos they spit their dummies out LOL

I want a party but Rich is saying NO he won't pay for foor for people who don't really give a toss whether you go or not (work colleagues etc) so could just be going to a pub and saying to peeps "come and join us sometime coswe're getting pi**ed!!

Good Luck with you research for the fella... should make him do his own heehee

Ang
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:46 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
PMSL

Its about right though eh.... we get told no but they insist on something and get there own way cos they spit their dummies out LOL

I want a party but Rich is saying NO he won't pay for foor for people who don't really give a toss whether you go or not (work colleagues etc) so could just be going to a pub and saying to peeps "come and join us sometime coswe're getting pi**ed!!

Good Luck with you research for the fella... should make him do his own heehee

Ang
now you know why you attended the trentham hotel rather than the moat house - hee hee

boomie
Old Jun 19th 2005, 10:12 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomie
now you know why you attended the trentham hotel rather than the moat house - hee hee

boomie
what not been the trentham hotel...

have you been drinking
Old Jun 19th 2005, 10:25 pm

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

what not been the trentham hotel...

have you been drinking

so that was a cardboard cut out ov u and rich was it when we went to the hotel b4 we left with my work collegues...

boomie
Old Jun 19th 2005, 10:34 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

so that was a cardboard cut out ov u and rich was it when we went to the hotel b4 we left with my work collegues...

boomie
Mmmm that seems like a lifetime ago

we didn't go the trentham hotel though, it was the gables...... different place

Mind you Andy's driving could have made you and you were late cos of rellies coming around too... I do remember it though, we sat chattin in our lounge with Andy cos Rich had fallen asleep cos he'd been work since 7am
Old Jun 19th 2005, 10:39 pm

Mmmm that seems like a lifetime ago

we didn't go the trentham hotel though, it was the gables...... different place

Mind you Andy's driving could have made you and you were late cos of rellies coming around too... I do remember it though, we sat chattin in our lounge with Andy cos Rich had fallen asleep cos he'd been work since 7am

omg..... so it was....no wonder u thought i was a nutter!

Old Jun 19th 2005, 10:43 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

....no wonder u thought i was a nutter!

yep blonde with bits of grey, mind you prob cut out now hey....

but yeah did wander what you were on about
Old Jun 19th 2005, 10:48 pm

yep blonde with bits of grey, mind you prob cut out now hey....

but yeah did wander what you were on about
pmsl..... grey hi lites still intact unfortunately - lol....its only when i look down it shows ma age

boomie
Old Jun 20th 2005, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Coulterk will become famous soon enoughCoulterk will become famous soon enough

Try Prestiege based in Bromley. I think it has cost us 1300 - 1500 UKP (this is shipping and processing only and not customs). They are a company who our family has used over the years and are very good. Do not forget to work out what the import duty will be. You also need to get an import licence, so look at this on the http://www.dotars.gov.au website.
Old Jun 20th 2005, 1:19 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

hard www.karmanshipping.co.uk os pretty good, lots of info on shipping, but irrelevant to me ith classic car, cant seem to find any info whether i get duty free or not ?

alk