Wikiposts

Who can tell me

Old Dec 29th 2005, 1:26 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who can tell me

................ about Melbourne?

My husband could potentially be given a job offer in the next couple of months for a company as an engineer?
We've been looking at houses in the Point Cook area, basically as these seem to be fairly large houses for a reasonable price? his work is based in Sunshine?
Is it hard to settle over there???? We have relatives in Tasmania an i have some in Australia but they are more distant relatives if you know what i mean?
Is it hard to make friends?
What do Australians think of british over there? We've had holidays in the US an they're take on us seems to be they like us as tourists but don't really want us as neighbours?
How well would my kids settle in they are all boys 7yrs, 5yrs an 4months old?

I'm pterified of spiders an sharks, an know there are some pretty nasty spiders in Australia are they a problem in ppl's houses etc? what about swimmin in the sea? are there alot of sharks an crocodiles?

I know maybe i seem neurotic but i'm reall worried that i'm going to be totally isolated out there not knowing anyone having any friends or any family close by me?

Please help ?

Jen
Old Dec 29th 2005, 1:32 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who can tell me

[QUOTE=JenJen]................ about Melbourne?

Can't tell you anything about Melbourne in particular as I've never visited.

Is it hard to settle over there???? We have relatives in Tasmania an i have some in Australia but they are more distant relatives if you know what i mean?

Making friends I think will be hard but I think if you make the effort then it will pay off.

What do Australians think of british over there? We've had holidays in the US an they're take on us seems to be they like us as tourists but don't really want us as neighbours?

Couldn't comment as I'm Scottish.

Kids can adjust better than they're given credit. It will take a little bit of adjusting but they'll soon figure it out. be patient and they'll get there.

I'm pterified of spiders an sharks, an know there are some pretty nasty spiders in Australia are they a problem in ppl's houses etc? what about swimmin in the sea? are there alot of sharks an crocodiles?

Now there's something you might just have to get over! There's been a few recent posts about creepy crawlies..run a search.

I know maybe i seem neurotic but i'm reall worried that i'm going to be totally isolated out there not knowing anyone having any friends or any family close by me?

Go more with the attitude of it being an adventure and it might go a bit easier. But hey I'm still not out threre totally so I may be talking rub. Hope this helps a wee bit.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 29th 2005, 1:39 am
Account Closed

Thanks Ginny

Will you be in Melbourne?

Jen

[QUOTE=Stitch]
Originally Posted by JenJen

Can't tell you anything about Melbourne in particular as I've never visited.

Making friends I think will be hard but I think if you make the effort then it will pay off.

Couldn't comment as I'm Scottish.

Kids can adjust better than they're given credit. It will take a little bit of adjusting but they'll soon figure it out. be patient and they'll get there.

Now there's something you might just have to get over! There's been a few recent posts about creepy crawlies..run a search.

Go more with the attitude of it being an adventure and it might go a bit easier. But hey I'm still not out threre totally so I may be talking rub. Hope this helps a wee bit.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 29th 2005, 1:41 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=JenJen]Thanks Ginny

Will you be in Melbourne?

Jen

Hi,

No we're going to Brisbane. Got Visas and offer of a job. Need to sell the house so fingers crossed.

I take it Hubby's job is Melbourne based?

Good luck.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 29th 2005, 2:03 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenJen

My husband could potentially be given a job offer in the next couple of months for a company as an engineer?
What kind of visa will you be on? Temporary or permanent?
If temporary, then you need to be aware of all the hassles, costs and risks involved.

And to find out about Melbourne, try http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au

Jeremy
Old Dec 29th 2005, 2:12 am
Account Closed

Employer Sponsored migration????

Jen

Originally Posted by JAJ
What kind of visa will you be on? Temporary or permanent?
If temporary, then you need to be aware of all the hassles, costs and risks involved.

And to find out about Melbourne, try http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au

Jeremy