Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who can sign UK stat decs

Who can sign UK stat decs

Old Jan 5th 2004, 11:42 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who can sign UK stat decs

I know it's really a question for the immigration forum, but I'm posting it here anyway...

Has anyone got a complete list of who can witness UK stat decs? I know it's JPs and solicitors, but what about GPs, bank managers etc?

And before you ask, I've done a search and I'm still no clearer!
Old Jan 5th 2004, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

peterankin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who can sign UK stat decs

I was advised to get them signed by a solicitor, and they did not charge me a penny.

Cheers
Pete
Old Jan 5th 2004, 11:52 am
owieb

Originally posted by peterankin
I was advised to get them signed by a solicitor, and they did not charge me a penny.

Cheers
Pete
Yeah that's what we did. Just popped into one in the high street and signed away. We also got them to certify all the documents we had, think we had about 30 of them and they did them all for free.

Old Jan 5th 2004, 11:57 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by owieb
Yeah that's what we did. Just popped into one in the high street and signed away. We also got them to certify all the documents we had, think we had about 30 of them and they did them all for free.
Sounds good. It's not a problem for me - I've got a mate who's a solicitor - but I'm trying to give all the options to those poor mates and family members who have promised to give us stat decs.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 12:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Solicitors, JPs, Magistrates; and possibly police officers - subject of much debate in the past as technically they can't, but some people have used them and been OK with DIMIA. However, be prepared for them to refuse as it may also be against their own police force policy.
Shop around for solicitors- some charge more than it costs for the visa itself!
Old Jan 5th 2004, 12:33 pm
WBB

i used a solicitor and was charged £2 per copy.

not bad really.

good luck with the application bundy.

Old Jan 5th 2004, 12:58 pm
She's a bird, you know

Thanks everyone. Solicitors it is then. Where's the Yellow Pages gone?

To be honest, it will be a big relief when this application is finally in...I've been preparing it for blinkn' ages now. I've just printed off yet another copy of the Migration Booklet, just to check up on the changes since November.

And then the waiting begins!
Old Jan 5th 2004, 1:01 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

The waiting will be a breeze Bundy.
Only seems to be a week or two at the moment if you front end load and everything is in order.

Feel sorry for those with months to wait that must be really taxing.

TT

Originally posted by bundy
Thanks everyone. Solicitors it is then. Where's the Yellow Pages gone?

To be honest, it will be a big relief when this application is finally in...I've been preparing it for blinkn' ages now. I've just printed off yet another copy of the Migration Booklet, just to check up on the changes since November.

And then the waiting begins!
Old Jan 5th 2004, 1:04 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by TrickyTree
The waiting will be a breeze Bundy.
Only seems to be a week or two at the moment if you front end load and everything is in order.

Feel sorry for those with months to wait that must be really taxing.

TT
That's true, TT. ALthough I feel like I'm waiting at the moment...which I am, really. Either way, I just want it to go through smoothly (and quickly) but I can't ask for that until I put the application in!
Old Jan 5th 2004, 7:15 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I negotiated with a local solicitor in Woking (60GBP if I remember rightly) to do over 100 pages of certified copying and 2 stat decs. I did the photocopying for them and put the originals in one pile and the copies in another in the same order to make it quick for them (and keep the price down).

Technically the certifying and the stat decs should be done according to the law of the land where they are being signed.

In the second stage I used the optician (who was a JP) at Bondeyes in Bondi Beach. He was more more than happy to certify and witness the stat decs.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

tricky??? 2 weeks did u say???
Old Jan 5th 2004, 7:41 pm

Originally posted by scottalison6
tricky??? 2 weeks did u say???
For straight forward partner visas with no medical or character complications.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 7:43 pm
WBB

Originally posted by bondipom
For straight forward partner visas with no medical or character complications.

dont i know it.

Old Jan 5th 2004, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh rite not 139 area designated skilled??????????lol
Old Jan 5th 2004, 7:48 pm

Originally posted by scottalison6
oh rite not 139 area designated skilled??????????lol
I am afraid so. You skilled applicants are left to stew for a year although nurses seem to get through quickly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.