Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who can certify and do Stat decs ???

Wikiposts

Who can certify and do Stat decs ???

Old Apr 26th 2005, 8:56 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice
Default Re: Who can certify and do Stat decs ???

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
Well I am really confused now !!!
have been on the phone to solicitors today and they want to charge me £75 per stat dec .... did you write yours yourself ??? and then get a policeman to sign and delare it is true ??? as we have to do 2 we are obviously looking for the best option Then we have to get all hubbys certificates certified too.... That has to be a solicitor doesn't it ???
I don't think that people coming here have to do this!!!!!!
I am not a whinging pom though .... honest I wish uk did the same we may not want to leave then..... except for the weather!!!??? God I do waffle maybe cos I am nearly finished me bottle of wine
We had all of our docs certified at the magistrates court by a JP, probably over 120 pages in total, and we didn't pay a thing. Explain to the court that you require copies of original documents certified as true copies. Magistrates are not allowed to charge for their services, so as a result, you have to attend court and basically wait your turn for an available slot in a courtroom.
I also had a Stat Dec done there, and didn't pay for that either. Was a bit of a shock when I had to take the stand and swear an oath.

Neil
Old Apr 26th 2005, 9:00 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil.b
We had all of our docs certified at the magistrates court by a JP, probably over 120 pages in total, and we didn't pay a thing. Explain to the court that you require copies of original documents certified as true copies. Magistrates are not allowed to charge for their services, so as a result, you have to attend court and basically wait your turn for an available slot in a courtroom.
I also had a Stat Dec done there, and didn't pay for that either. Was a bit of a shock when I had to take the stand and swear an oath.

Neil
Thanks Neil,
Will talk to hubby when he gets home from work and send him off to court... did you have to make an appointment ??
Old Apr 26th 2005, 9:02 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
Thanks Neil,
Will talk to hubby when he gets home from work and send him off to court... did you have to make an appointment ??
We didn't make an appointment. Turned up before court starts, 10 am I think and explained to the court ushers office what I wanted. Had about a 2 hour wait, but it saved a fortune.

Neil.

P.s If you want any more info drop me a p.m
Old Apr 26th 2005, 9:08 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil.b
We didn't make an appointment. Turned up before court starts, 10 am I think and explained to the court ushers office what I wanted. Had about a 2 hour wait, but it saved a fortune.

Neil.

P.s If you want any more info drop me a p.m

Thanks I think I know what we will be doing friday morning !!!!