Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who can certify and do Stat decs ???

Wikiposts

Who can certify and do Stat decs ???

Old Apr 25th 2005, 3:08 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who can certify and do Stat decs ???

Help just a little !!!
We need to do a stat dec for a company which has now sold out.
Can we write it and have a civil servant or policeman sign this and also can these sort of people certify the forms we need done for our TRA application???
Thanks all you peeps
Jane
Old Apr 25th 2005, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Who can certify and do Stat decs ???

We were told for those that we had to have that it had to be a solicitor. It was no hassle we just took them into a local office and they looked through them and asked us to swear that they were correct and then they stamped and signed them. Hope it all goes well.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:07 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenjc
We were told for those that we had to have that it had to be a solicitor. It was no hassle we just took them into a local office and they looked through them and asked us to swear that they were correct and then they stamped and signed them. Hope it all goes well.

Thanks will try a solicitor, does it need to be a solicitor to do the certified forms too ??
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:22 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Hi Jane & Russ

We were told a solicitor, magistrate or JP ( JP's very expensive),

Solicitor can do stat decs and all certifies copies. They must stamp them, write certified true copy, sign and date them.
Every page must be done !
Our agent also told us to make sure we got a card or compliment slip with the solicitors and the company name on, for checking purposes

Hope this helps
Carole

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
Thanks will try a solicitor, does it need to be a solicitor to do the certified forms too ??
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:27 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Or a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:36 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Whoever you use, be prepared to pay a small fee for their services.

Some charge by the item, some for a "batch" and different people charge different rates.

Put up a thread on here for Statutory Declarations - this one has surfaced before.

Regards

Jim
Old Apr 25th 2005, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

We paid £6 per item (not per page) with a solicitor
Old Apr 25th 2005, 8:17 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Help just a little !!!
We need to do a stat dec for a company which has now sold out.
Can we write it and have a civil servant or policeman sign this and also can these sort of people certify the forms we need done for our TRA application???
Thanks all you peeps
Jane

Thanks all you lovely people :scared:
Old Apr 25th 2005, 8:44 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

We used a solicitor and she didn't charge us either. Its was brill I just rang up each time made an appointment with her and she just did them in 1 go. I wrote the "I certify that this is a true copy of the original" on each docuemtn and she signed it together with name in caps and company stamed.

They also have to verify any photos that are sent off for assesment of skilss or registering with states. foe eg Rich is a nurse so we had to send photos to QNC and she had to certify it on the back.

Good Luck with your application
Ang
Old Apr 25th 2005, 10:52 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
Hi Jane & Russ

We were told a solicitor, magistrate or JP ( JP's very expensive),
I didn't think JPs were allowed to charge (they are not allowed to in Australia).

Jeremy
Old Apr 25th 2005, 1:10 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JAJ
I didn't think JPs were allowed to charge (they are not allowed to in Australia).

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

JPs in UK have substanially more powers than they do in Australia.

I have been a JP in Queensland for 20 years and done everything a JP here can do apart from court work, but including sitting in on Police records of interview of juveniles and illiterate people, issuing search and seizure warrants and warrants under the Mental Health Act. Here, two JPs may sit as a magistrate to hear minor matters in country courts if there is no magistrate available until the next circuit magistrate visits.

In UK, however, JPs actually are the magistrates for their local area. They are unpaid and unqualified, but have a court clerk who is legally qualified. A JP must be available to take turns at court hearings. The next step up is stipendiary magistrate.

JPs in UK may claim allowances, within specified limits, for travelling, subsistence and financial loss.

From the BBC Law Jargon Buster

"Justice of the peace :

The name justice of the peace is the official title of a magistrate. They are legal officials that are appointed to carry out certain legal functions including sitting in a magistrates' court and sometimes the Crown Court. A justice of the peace has to consider sentences and appeals in the magistrates' court, as well as signing search and arrest warrants.
"

For more information, see the British Justice of the Peace Act 1997 or the Dept for Constitutional Affairs.

Old Apr 25th 2005, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

I enquired at local magistrates court wanted around £10 to sign my stat decs and cert copies each page!!!

the soliciter hopefully going to arrange sale doesnt charge me for my cert copies but has to charge £5 each for stat decs.

Chris
Old Apr 25th 2005, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

alrobson will become famous soon enoughalrobson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
I enquired at local magistrates court wanted around £10 to sign my stat decs and cert copies each page!!!

the soliciter hopefully going to arrange sale doesnt charge me for my cert copies but has to charge £5 each for stat decs.

Chris
I used a Police Officer for stat decs and they were accepted without any questions.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by alrobson
I used a Police Officer for stat decs and they were accepted without any questions.
Did they make a charge? Hadnt thought about police officers
Old Apr 26th 2005, 8:49 am
Sunning it up in Benowa

Originally Posted by alrobson
Well I am really confused now !!!
have been on the phone to solicitors today and they want to charge me £75 per stat dec .... did you write yours yourself ??? and then get a policeman to sign and delare it is true ??? as we have to do 2 we are obviously looking for the best option Then we have to get all hubbys certificates certified too.... That has to be a solicitor doesn't it ???
I don't think that people coming here have to do this!!!!!!
I am not a whinging pom though .... honest I wish uk did the same we may not want to leave then..... except for the weather!!!??? God I do waffle maybe cos I am nearly finished me bottle of wine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.