Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who can answer this for me?

Who can answer this for me?

Old May 10th 2008, 8:22 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who can answer this for me?

We were told today when we got quotes for flights that because we had been out and validated our visa's we aren't entitled to extra baggage allowance when we are hoping to fly out next month?

Is this true?

Many Thanks

Jen
Old May 10th 2008, 9:04 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who can answer this for me?

Originally Posted by JenJen
We were told today when we got quotes for flights that because we had been out and validated our visa's we aren't entitled to extra baggage allowance when we are hoping to fly out next month?

Is this true?

Many Thanks

Jen
most airlines do seem to say this however it's always worth trying, saying you are emigrating and booking a one way flight and you might get away with it emirates and Singapore are usually the best bets for that
Old May 10th 2008, 9:48 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Have seen lots of posts like this. It seems that unless you are emigrating and validating for the 1st time you are not entitled.
Old May 10th 2008, 11:16 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

You're not 'entitled' to anything. I think singapore do it on the validation stage so that you get to see how great their service is, and so recommend them for visiting friends and flights home.
Old May 10th 2008, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
most airlines do seem to say this however it's always worth trying, saying you are emigrating and booking a one way flight and you might get away with it emirates and Singapore are usually the best bets for that
Just like Asher said if you book one way ticket & with the right airline you can do it, we booked ours through a travel agent & we got them to email singapore airline to get us a letter to say we can have 40 kg for our suitcases.
We already did come the year before that to validate our visa, so it can be done, let me know if you want to check with travel agent we went for.

Last edited by chris and farideh; May 10th 2008 at 11:46 pm.
Old May 10th 2008, 11:48 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds quite hopefull, but when we got a letter from Singapore to confirm our 40k luggage it say the visa had to be unvalidated.
Good luck, hope you get it sorted.

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Just like Asher said if you book one way ticket & with the right airline you can do it, we booked ours through a travel agent & we got them to email singapore airline to get us a letter to say we can have 40 kg for our suitcases.
We already did come the year before that to validate our visa, so it can be done, let me know if you want to check with travel agent we went for.
Old May 10th 2008, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice

Is this true?

Many Thanks

Jen

Yes this is true
Old May 11th 2008, 7:35 am
Account Closed

darn it, I can sort of understand it extra bagge is extra weight etc for the airline to carry but it seems crazy to have to live out of 1 suitcase for about 3 months - anyone else done this and it not been as bad as i'm imaging i'd love to hear from you.

Jen
Old May 11th 2008, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katsmajic
That sounds quite hopefull, but when we got a letter from Singapore to confirm our 40k luggage it say the visa had to be unvalidated.
Good luck, hope you get it sorted.
Thanks hun, we are here already, we moved here last year with our validated visa which we validate it in 2006.
In fact we had more than 40kg each, but because we had the letter, they didnt charge us for the rest.
Old May 11th 2008, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

darn it, I can sort of understand it extra bagge is extra weight etc for the airline to carry but it seems crazy to have to live out of 1 suitcase for about 3 months - anyone else done this and it not been as bad as i'm imaging i'd love to hear from you.

Jen
Jen phone the airline & speak to them, we had letter from them saying we can have 40kg limit we didnt pay any extra, that was with Singapore airline.
Old May 11th 2008, 8:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
Jen phone the airline & speak to them, we had letter from them saying we can have 40kg limit we didnt pay any extra, that was with Singapore airline.
I think our luck will be out as our cheapest quote was with Qantas and have just had an email to say there is no way.
We will ask the tour operator we're booking through tho to see if she can twist their arm.

Thanks
Old May 11th 2008, 8:31 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I think our luck will be out as our cheapest quote was with Qantas and have just had an email to say there is no way.
We will ask the tour operator we're booking through tho to see if she can twist their arm.

Thanks
Are you definitely going then Jen?
Old May 11th 2008, 8:33 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Is this true?

Many Thanks

Jen
Fly via the USA Jen, Air New Zealand for instance. You will then get 46kg each automatically.

Buzzy
Old May 11th 2008, 8:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kapri
Are you definitely going then Jen?
LMAO I know seems funny now after all the will we won't we, we're going oh now we're not.
It'll be hard as hubby will work 3 - 4 days a week. I don't know a soul in Sydney and I feel I belong in Melbourne, but hubby has asked for my support and to give Sydney a chance (however during that time I will be picking up the paper each week !!!!)

I do feel a bit gutted and upset, everyone else now seems to be heading to Melbourne which is the place I want to be.

We book the flights Monday.

Jen
Old May 11th 2008, 8:40 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Fly via the USA Jen, Air New Zealand for instance. You will then get 46kg each automatically.

Buzzy
well I never thought of the that, how many hours will that add onto the flight... does anyone know?

Worth bearing in mind when we go to book it Monday anyway.

Ta

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.