Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who are in the British Expats Top 5??

Who are in the British Expats Top 5??

Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:59 pm

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who are in the British Expats Top 5??

Originally Posted by wmoore
I'd like to think that I can dispense some credible advice here and in the immi forums.
I'd like to think I have the moves of Jackie Chan and the looks of Charlie Sheen but it doesn't always happen mate

I believe Scossie is one of the longest posters here. But he re-registered for some reason, so he won't come up on an SQL you wanna do, but he's been here for ages.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
WBB now posts as Mutant.

Seen a few posts from Pollster in another NZ forum - sounded like she was doing OK. I miss her too, as she was another Polly!!!
Hi Pollyana
ah good glad Pollster is ok
Hx
Old Jul 29th 2005, 2:04 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

ohhhhh the days of pommiebastard..... :scared:
Old Jul 29th 2005, 2:05 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Right, so seeing no one else is doing it, and because posters like Walaj should not be left out of any lists, new search:

Above 50 posts (otherwise the list gets very long to search through to find Aussie forum posters), joined before 1-1-2004

The ones that I recognised from the Oz forum:

<")))><
abergas
ACE
ADELAIDE BOUND
Amazulu
andy thomas
anthonykirby
arlene
artep
banjo
Bed Of Roses
biggy
Billabong

omg, the list is toooo long! Check it out yourselves:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/membe...astpostbefore=
Old Jul 29th 2005, 2:07 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
Right, so seeing no one else is doing it, and because posters like Walaj should not be left out of any lists, new search:

Above 50 posts (otherwise the list gets very long to search through to find Aussie forum posters), joined before 1-1-2004

The ones that I recognised from the Oz forum:

<")))><
abergas
ACE
ADELAIDE BOUND
Amazulu
andy thomas
anthonykirby
arlene
artep
banjo
Bed Of Roses
biggy
Billabong

omg, the list is toooo long! Check it out yourselves:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/membe...astpostbefore=
This list is still one that only includes peeps who have posted within last 6 months... so again, posters like Pommiebastard and Pollster won't show up in it.

Nobody's mentioned Bundy yet!!! Need to email her, haven't heard anything in a while(not that she has from me either, I'm terrible at keeping contact!)
Old Jul 29th 2005, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by walaj
ohhhhh the days of pommiebastard..... :scared:
and Dotty, and Wilf
Old Jul 29th 2005, 3:15 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
Right, have discovered something. You can do an advanced search on the Member list.

I have narrowed it down to:
people that joined before 2004-04-01 (so before me), have posted after 2005-01-01 (so have posted within last 6 months) and people with more than 1500 posts.

I see:

Boomie
Ceri
cresta57
JulesandChris
Meglania
Pollyana
ptlabs (supermoderator)
renth
Sandra
Tinaj

Wow, suprised that's such a short list!!!
WWWooooo Hoooooo

I made a top ten list------ok all be it for sad sods

but who cares

Thanks Simone for making my night

I joined Sept 11 2001....yes I know what day it was, hence why I remember the day. I had been lurking a while and finally had the courage to join and ask a question.

Since then....I have met Hevs and HUP from this site....all down hill from there obviously! But loads of the others I have met make up for it And many many others...

I also know for a fact I would not be PR in Aus if it wasn't for BP, cause I found out about George Lombard and he helped us sort out a tricky 457 to PR after refusal.

After that I just stick around to be annoying and very much the support I get.

sad BP long timer!
Old Jul 29th 2005, 8:27 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

lol.....glad someone mentioned Wilf and Pommie Bastard........wasnt there an equally vociferous female poster...pommie sheila or something???

ive been here 2 years, and im still in the uk too!!! perhaps we should have our own forum......

sue
Old Jul 29th 2005, 8:38 pm
Professional Princess

I do most of my posting at work in between jobs, as I can type fast, I can post more stuff alot quicker undetected. As long as the work is done and it is.

I wouldnt say because I have a high post count I dont have a life because I do.

And yes, I post smutty stories, bus stories and sometimes just stories, but I have given out advice to people and replied to either what tugs my emotions and makes me feel for that person, or if I can help.

Most migration questions have been asked many times before, but posters patiently reply.

There is room for all kinds of postings on this site. There is an immigration forum for just that.

The Aussie forum has useful info, some humour and its fair share of trolls.

No matter how many times subjects are repeated, they are always important to the poster.

So long live the variety on this site, and heres to everyone increasing their post count because at least it means we are all chatting.

Old Jul 29th 2005, 8:40 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

have to admit i posted tons of crap during mrs weng`s pregnancy!
well what else could i do
Old Jul 29th 2005, 10:00 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t go for this ‘trying to get your post count up’ pish !
I post more pish than most of you and this can’t be argued. I also post serious answers too but it tends to get missed because others are not interested in whats happening in Sydney.
People looking to come to Sydney usually look at my posts and then send me a PM. I think they see that im not too serious about life and will get the answer they want, well I hope. 90% of my posts are just drivel because I love to laugh and this forum does make me laugh.
Right im startin to talk pish again.
What im trying to say is, if people see u as approachable they might tent to ask more questions. Maybe im wrong, but that’s me and the only way u get me.
LONG LIVE THE PISH THREADS !!!!!!!!
Old Jul 30th 2005, 12:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Thanks for that insight....geez you worked hard whilst I !! Especially JulesandChris and Simone.

I've used this website for a variety of reasons, but mostly to learn and to make me laugh! I've found it so addictive at times, I've dreamt of posters (before I've met them...mlbonner!)

It also showed me how small this world is...having chatted a few times to someone on here, then meeting them socially every now and then, 3 months after migration I discovered that her partner was my old next door neighbour from when I was 13-15 1/2!! Small world story...love 'em!
Old Jul 30th 2005, 12:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Who are in the British Expats Top 5??

Been here since Sept 2003, still look back on my first post and think of the madness we have been through since then.

First post

We are here and happy now, so just shows if there is a will there is a way

I will be back on posting regular updates soon, as I am on in work at the moment so cant really get on the internet much until I am set up at home.

Gotta go don't want the sack or should I say "flick" :
Old Jul 30th 2005, 2:32 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dicko
Been here since Sept 2003, still look back on my first post and think of the madness we have been through since then.

First post

We are here and happy now, so just shows if there is a will there is a way

I will be back on posting regular updates soon, as I am on in work at the moment so cant really get on the internet much until I am set up at home.

Gotta go don't want the sack or should I say "flick" :
Looks like you didnt follow Alans advice then .
Old Jul 30th 2005, 2:53 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
That's a bit harsh. I talk loads of crap in The Lounge and so have a high post count but I'd like to think that I can dispense some credible advice here and in the immi forums.

Rubbish

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.