Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who are in the British Expats Top 5??

Who are in the British Expats Top 5??

Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Question Who are in the British Expats Top 5??

I'm having problems wording this correctly!!

Who are the longest 'serving' posters on this forum? They must still be posting to get into the Top 5? Naturally I'm thinking along the lines of ABCDiamond, Pollyanna, etc

Anyone still on here, who was on here when it started?? Anyone who can say, "Back in the old days, I remember when........... happened on BE!"

eg. ".....when the exchange rate was 2.9!!"

I'm off to bed, but hope to have some suggestions by morning!
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:18 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who are in the British Expats Top 5??

Originally Posted by logan
I'm having problems wording this correctly!!

Who are the longest 'serving' posters on this forum? They must still be posting to get into the Top 5? Naturally I'm thinking along the lines of ABCDiamond, Pollyanna, etc

Anyone still on here, who was on here when it started?? Anyone who can say, "Back in the old days, I remember when........... happened on BE!"

eg. ".....when the exchange rate was 2.9!!"

I'm off to bed, but hope to have some suggestions by morning!
i joined sometime early in 2003, but cant rmber the username i used. i still see some poster now that were there back then
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:22 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Scossie was here from the start, when it was still a usenet thingy. He linked to one of his posts a week or so ago.

Pollyana is one of the 'older' members. Hevs and Hup. Badge.
And many, many, many more!

ABC isn't, he came after me, I'm quite sure

I personally have been here since April 2003, which I find unbelievable and shocking at times, especially considering I'm not even British :scared:
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:25 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
Scossie was here from the start, when it was still a usenet thingy. He linked to one of his posts a week or so ago.

Pollyana is one of the 'older' members. Hevs and Hup. Badge.
And many, many, many more!

ABC isn't, he came after me, I'm quite sure

I personally have been here since April 2003, which I find unbelievable and shocking at times, especially considering I'm not even British :scared:
Yep, ABC was after I joined too, I think I joined in July or August 2003 (ditto to the not being british comment LOL)
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:28 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Yep, ABC was after I joined too, I think I joined in July or August 2003 (ditto to the not being british comment LOL)
he he. You're shorter than me though, and few less posts. So a bit more sane

When I saw you posted, I was going to name you as well, would've thought you were here longer!!
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:36 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Had a dig about, but unable to list members by date.
I did find that BE was created in 2000/2001 and that Paul and Sue (the Administrators) were the first members.
You can get to the last post in the Australian forum by going here:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forum...0&daysprune=-1
It was by a bloke called Chris, but not me! I joined Jan 03 so I've been here a while.
I don't recognize any of the names back that far at all.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:36 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Right, have discovered something. You can do an advanced search on the Member list.

I have narrowed it down to:
people that joined before 2004-04-01 (so before me), have posted after 2005-01-01 (so have posted within last 6 months) and people with more than 1500 posts.

I see:

Boomie
Ceri
cresta57
JulesandChris
Meglania
Pollyana
ptlabs (supermoderator)
renth
Sandra
Tinaj

Wow, suprised that's such a short list!!!
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:39 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

More scarily what would everyone do if the forum closed down
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:39 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Right, have discovered something. You can do an advanced search on the Member list.

people that joined before 2004-04-01 (so before me), have posted after 2005-01-01 (so have posted within last 6 months) and people with more than 1500 posts.

I see:

Boomie
Ceri
cresta57
JulesandChris
Meglania
Pollyana
ptlabs (supermoderator)
renth
Sandra
Tinaj

I bow down to your superior forum skills, I couldn't figure out how to do that.
Hey, I get my name mentioned, woohoo! Do I get a dancing dropbear or something?
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:42 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Right, now did the same, but joined before June 03, so around the time that I joined, I can now add:

Badge
debsy
hevs
jayr
mr mover
petey
me
tinaj
wengerboy

Remember, this is posters with more than 1500 posts, and have posted in last 6 months.

Somebody try another combo!
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:44 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
I bow down to your superior forum skills, I couldn't figure out how to do that.
Hey, I get my name mentioned, woohoo! Do I get a dancing dropbear or something?
Just lucky, investigating.

Go to Member List.
Click on search. Advanced search comes up, click on there.
Lots of options to fill in, or not. Was really surprised!

Try it with another combination of dates and post counts!
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:49 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

... and people with more than 1500 posts.
So you rule out those of us who have been posting quality rather than quantity

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Been here since Aug 2003 meself.

Only managed 626 posts though. The rate at which some people clock up thousands of posts still amazes me!

Cadman
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:53 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by DagBoy
So you rule out those of us who have been posting quality rather than quantity

Cheers,

DagBoy
oh no.....:scared: Though I don't like making many 'congrats' or one worded posts, I did spend a while in the Lounge, and I can post drivel and off topic stuff along with the rest of them!!!!!!
I do try though to post at LEAST 50% 'quality', because I SOMETIMES feel guilty enough on this forum, without posting shit and arguing too!
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:54 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

I see:

Boomie
Ceri
cresta57
JulesandChris
Meglania
Pollyana
ptlabs (supermoderator)
renth
Sandra
Tinaj

lol...... thanx for the mention......

boomie
xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.