Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who are the best internet service providers?

Who are the best internet service providers?

Old Nov 18th 2011, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Len Vasiljevs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who are the best internet service providers?

Hi

I've been looking at the internet service providers in Aus and their rates, it's a minefield, to say the least. They go by GB allowance and not speed, so I haven't a clue who does speedy connections, in the region of 20mb to 30mb per second.

It seems that you can only bundle broadband and phone and even those two are quite expensive, not sure how much Fox TV costs.

So, who has a great deal from their provider?
Does anyone have a TV, broadband and phone deal bundled together?
Who has a great deal on their mobile? In particular their UNLOCKED iPhone 4.

We used to be with Westnet before we moved back to the UK. Now we are returning and I'm trying to find the best package in preparation for our move in January 2012.

I would welcome your feedback, I have done a search on the subject, but not much comes up.

Cheers.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

GoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Who are the best internet service providers?

Originally Posted by Len Vasiljevs
Hi

I've been looking at the internet service providers in Aus and their rates, it's a minefield, to say the least. They go by GB allowance and not speed, so I haven't a clue who does speedy connections, in the region of 20mb to 30mb per second.

It seems that you can only bundle broadband and phone and even those two are quite expensive, not sure how much Fox TV costs.

So, who has a great deal from their provider?
Does anyone have a TV, broadband and phone deal bundled together?
Who has a great deal on their mobile? In particular their UNLOCKED iPhone 4.

We used to be with Westnet before we moved back to the UK. Now we are returning and I'm trying to find the best package in preparation for our move in January 2012.

I would welcome your feedback, I have done a search on the subject, but not much comes up.

Cheers.
have you checked out the whirlpool forum. they usually have the best info on various providers and whether the area you are looking at has good coverage,

hope this helps
Old Nov 18th 2011, 11:52 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

You can put in your phone number and see who has a DSlam at your exchange.

Www.whirlpool.net.au

Originally Posted by GoldCoastMag
have you checked out the whirlpool forum. they usually have the best info on various providers and whether the area you are looking at has good coverage,

hope this helps
Old Nov 19th 2011, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

All depends on your exchange -Foxtel will limit your choice in bundling.

as a rough gauge look here then try whirlpool for your exchange / area

http://broadbandguide.com.au/broadband-bundle/plans