Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whitsundays - reef trip from Hamilton island

Whitsundays - reef trip from Hamilton island

Old Jun 5th 2010, 1:25 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Whitsundays - reef trip from Hamilton island

Just looking for a bit of advice on doing a reef tour from Hamilton Island.

Is the only option to go on Fantasea out to the reef? I've read a few reviews and some people complained about the coral seeming bleached and not particularly colourful. Just trying to get some opinions on and and see if there is anything better out there. I've done a few trips to the reef out of Cairns/Port Douglas but never from the Whitsunday so I have no idea how the reef compares in the different spots.

I noticed this as well and was wondering what it was like. Not sure if it departs from Hamilton Island though.
http://www.greatbarrierreefinfo.com/...by%20Air/1887/

Any opinions?

Also, for those of you that have gone is a tour to Whitehaven beach worthwhile?