Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

White Tail Spiders

Wikiposts

White Tail Spiders

Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:40 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down White Tail Spiders

My 4 year old has just been bitten by a white tailed spider.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: White Tail Spiders

IS she OK?

White Tail...... Dangerous or harmless?

Wolfen

Originally posted by renth
Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Renth, don't know anything about white tailed spiders but hope your daughter is okay. Give us news when you can.

Whisky
Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:49 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure ,lots of other spiders ,including the common black house spider[very timid } can produce similar symptoms, or though not as sever.................MM
Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:54 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mr mover
Are you sure ,lots of other spiders ,including the common black house spider[very timid } can produce similar symptoms, or though not as sever.................MM
It has a write up in my boy's Deadly & Dangerous Creatures of Australia book.

The doctor reckons she should be OK but spider bites from white tails have resulted in a necrotising type of reaction.

It's sod's law though, all the piss taking I got about coming out here from my mates... "what about the snakes and spiders?"

Still, at least it wasn't a red back.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfen is an unknown quantity at this point

Renth,

I hope she`s OK...

This is the one thing that worries me about coming out with 3 young children.

Wolfen

The doctor reckons she should be OK but spider bites from white tails have resulted in a necrotising type of reaction.

It's sod's law though, all the piss taking I got about coming out here from my mates... "what about the snakes and spiders?"

Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

whereabouts was she when it happened. I'm hope she's okay, poor little mite.

Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:58 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by DianeOZ
whereabouts was she when it happened. I'm hope she's okay, poor little mite.

In bed.

The buggers get everywhere apparently.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

wolfens_wife is an unknown quantity at this point

can you get your house sprayed so that they dont come in or just have to live with it???
Old Aug 12th 2003, 8:13 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

the probability factor , with Arachinid,necrotism is that it tends to attack only 1% of bite victims is she allergic to bee stings ? were was she when she was bitten, ?and on what part of her body? white tails can be agressive and multiple bites are common......MM
Old Aug 12th 2003, 8:15 pm
NZ In Jan (Please!)

sandypandy is an unknown quantity at this point

the probability factor , with Arachinid,necrotism is that it tends to attack only 1% of bite victims is she allergic to bee stings ? were was she when she was bitten, ?and on what part of her body? white tails can be agressive and multiple bites are common......MM
:scared: Do you find these in NZ:scared:

Sandra
Old Aug 12th 2003, 8:17 pm
(It's not my real name)

Yeah, I've been doing a few web searches and seen some gross pictures.

I don't know if she's alergic to bee stings but I'm REALLY allergic to wasps. She's been bitten on the inner thigh and it looks like a single bite.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 8:18 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by wolfens_wife
can you get your house sprayed so that they dont come in or just have to live with it???
You can get spray that lasts and makes your house a bit more spider proof.

Note to self "must get some of that spray soon"
Old Aug 12th 2003, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

wolfens_wife is an unknown quantity at this point

how did you know? was she screaming or just complaining at the breakfast table???
Old Aug 12th 2003, 8:21 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally posted by wolfens_wife
how did you know? was she screaming or just complaining at the breakfast table???
She was complaining of a nasty itch.

How come my number of posts isn't incrementing. I was hoping that a good thing might come out of this incident - my 500 post...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.