white tail

Old Nov 27th 2006, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

phillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant futurephillip&sharon has a brilliant future
Default white tail

Watched a program last night on a white tail spider and it can do some serious damage if you get bitten. Do they live in the Perth area, i know you get the red back and huntsman, are there any other lovely spiders as well.

Phillip. :scared:
Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: white tail

Originally Posted by phillip&sharon
Watched a program last night on a white tail spider and it can do some serious damage if you get bitten. Do they live in the Perth area, i know you get the red back and huntsman, are there any other lovely spiders as well.

Laundry loving apparently, so don't leave any lying around!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Yes they live in the Perth Area.

My husband had a bite on the leg and it took ages to heal, looked very simular to a burn scare for some time. Also a woman I worked with had one bite her on her arm, went to doc to have it checked out and they also confirmed it was a white tail spider and once again it took ages to heal.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Here are lots more to think about :scared:
Old Nov 27th 2006, 8:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimi
Yes they live in the Perth Area.

My husband had a bite on the leg and it took ages to heal, looked very simular to a burn scare for some time. Also a woman I worked with had one bite her on her arm, went to doc to have it checked out and they also confirmed it was a white tail spider and once again it took ages to heal.
Worst news about the white tail is, they are the spider that are most likely to bite people. In fact most people would be bitten by one in their lives in the area that they inhabit. Myself mywife and my two oldest Daughters have been bitten by them, My two younger kids havn't as of yet. One of our older Daughters freinds got bitten in the mouth by one.

As common as a bee sting IMO, Most people they don't effect, however some can suffer quite badly, and they do hurt a bit.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

hoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nicehoots nan is just really nice

What do these buggers look like?
Old Nov 27th 2006, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoots nan
What do these buggers look like?

I've had two in the house in the past 4 days, luckily we noticed them and they were squished
Old Nov 28th 2006, 12:02 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

We were having some work done and the electrician went up in the loft - he said that we had 'loads' of red backs and whitetails up there :scared:
We stuck some bombs up and away the went!
Tracey
Old Nov 28th 2006, 12:05 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I was told they like to get into the bedding in the winters where it's warm, so to pull the blankets all the way back before getting into bed. Don't know if it's true or the guy who told me was just pulling my leg. Either way, I pull the bedcovers back all the way before getting into bed at night.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 12:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I was told they like to get into the bedding in the winters where it's warm, so to pull the blankets all the way back before getting into bed. Don't know if it's true or the guy who told me was just pulling my leg. Either way, I pull the bedcovers back all the way before getting into bed at night.

Glad you admitted to that, I thought it was just me who did that
Old Nov 28th 2006, 1:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy

It's true, they love to get inside socks, jumpers and trousers as well. Ive been bitten after putting on Trousers and socks. Err I admit to dumping my clothes besides the bed, and getting bitten after putting on clothes from the floor.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 1:51 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I got bitten in bed on the big toe. It hurt for a couple of days, blistered and then itched like crazy for about two weeks. Drove me nuts.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 3:10 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I'll never sleep again knowing this is true. The only thing that bothers me is creepy crawlies...Spiders, cockroaches, even ants. Snakes don't bother me at all but the thougth of sharing my bed with a spider just makes my skin crawl. It's bad enough thinking about sharing the bed with the OH, but to add in spiders now too makes me want to never sleep again.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 3:35 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I've been bitten twice and yes it hurt a bit but got some antibiotic shots and they healed in a few days.

Killed about 4 in the last week, we obviously need to spray again

Its part of life, you get over it!
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter got bitten in her bed by one, yes it was a bad bite she was really badly affected by it as it ate away at her leg and left a large hole :scared: we ended up at casualty and had to have some cream stuff and tablets to take away infection, but she was just very unlucky, I always check the kids bedding now!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.