Reload this Page >

White goods Expensive in NZ ?

White goods Expensive in NZ ?

Old Jul 9th 2003, 9:15 pm
rwb
Just Joined

rwb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default White goods Expensive in NZ ?

Just wondering, does anyone know if prices for white goods are expensive in NZ ? I'm not sure wheter to take my white goods with me or buy new one's when I'm there.

Robert
Old Jul 9th 2003, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

smithone is an unknown quantity at this point

I found prices to be pretty similar to the UK. However because you earn less they seem that much more expensive. I've just bought a washing machine for $600.

A lot of the newer houses have built in fridges and most rental properties come complete with whiteware.

I didn't ship any whiteware and don't really regret it
Old Jul 9th 2003, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Ben.M is an unknown quantity at this point

You can get an idea of prices at http://www.noelleeming.co.nz.

Ben
Old Jul 9th 2003, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

One point to bear in mind when looking at sites like this - you can get discounts off upto 15% off the listed prices if you pay cash and buy multiple items at the same time.
Old Jul 10th 2003, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

chris@insurance is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: White goods Expensive in NZ ?

We bought late-model second hand (washer and dryer) for $400 when we moved into our second apartment (as mentioned in an earlier post, many rentals include whiteware).
Old Jul 10th 2003, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

One thing to bear in mind if you are shipping furniture and other goods the extra cost of the White goods is trivial compared to the cost of buying them in NZ.
Old Jul 10th 2003, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

I guess it all depends on what kind of property you end up in.

Before I emmigrated I got rid of fridge, dishwasher and washing machine.

For my first year I lived in an apartment that came complete with whitegoods. I guess if you've got a conatiner full of white goods then you'll look for a suitable place without whitegoods.

When I bought a place it came complete with fridge and dish washer so the only thing I had to buy was a washing machine.

I agree with Kiwipaul that its cheaper to ship than replace but for me the question is whether you'll end up in a property where you need your UK white goods.

I live on the North Shore and you have to pay to take stuff to landfill.

If you think that you'll live in a place that already has white goods - leave them in the UK.

If you think you'll live in a place without white goods - then ship
Old Jul 10th 2003, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by smithone
II live on the North Shore and you have to pay to take stuff to landfill.
You must have missed the inorganic kerbside collection that comes round once a year for anything too big for the regular rubbish collection. Makes the place look like a giant junk yard. What with people pulling everything out of bags / boxes looking for something usefull because people put stuff out weeks before collection is due.

I've had 2 houses both on the shore both had cookers and dishwasher, but only one had Fridge and neither had washing m/c.

The 2 houses I've lived in, in Brisbane (one rental one brand new)only had a cooker. It's the luck of the draw.
Old Jul 10th 2003, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

I did wonder why certain areas looked like Beirut
Old Jul 13th 2003, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

nell m is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

also try this site: http://www.retravision.co.nz/ houses, whether furnished or unfurnished usually have a cooker in them, it's standard to leave the cooker when your'e selling.

nell