Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

White Good and Furniture Stores in Brisbane

White Good and Furniture Stores in Brisbane

Old Jan 16th 2005, 9:47 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute
Default White Good and Furniture Stores in Brisbane

Hey Guys

Well I have been in Brisbane for just over a week now, and its great.

I have been staying at my partners folks house, out in Fig Tree Pocket, but today we move into our new Unit in Fortitude Valley (and very nice it is too..)

However, I have a problem, and its something only you great people can help me with..

Does any one have any recommendations for stores that do White Goods and Furniture.. We are looking to purchase Washing Machine, Fridge Freezer, Sofa, Bookcases etc...

We have looked round Retrovision, but are there any others of note in the area?

Thanks guys...

Shane
Old Jan 16th 2005, 9:57 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: White Good and Furniture Stores in Brisbane

Originally Posted by sloake
Hey Guys

I have been staying at my partners folks house, out in Fig Tree Pocket, but today we move into our new Unit in Fortitude Valley (and very nice it is too..)

However, I have a problem, and its something only you great people can help me with..

Does any one have any recommendations for stores that do White Goods and Furniture.. We are looking to purchase Washing Machine, Fridge Freezer, Sofa, Bookcases etc...

Thanks guys...

Shane
Shane
We bought most our stuff like that from Harvey Norman at Logan. Massive range of furniture and white goods and we managed to get free delivery and a massive discount of the whole lot.
Good service, nice people.

Andrew
Old Jan 16th 2005, 10:02 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by andrew63
Shane
We bought most our stuff like that from Harvey Norman at Logan. Massive range of furniture and white goods and we managed to get free delivery and a massive discount of the whole lot.

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

How are you mate???

Do you know if Harvey Norman have a web-site??? Did a search but can't find it.

Cheers

Shell
Old Jan 16th 2005, 10:05 pm
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrew63
Shane

Andrew
.Thanks, will be investigating this morning.

Shane
Old Jan 16th 2005, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sloake
Hey Guys

Thanks guys...

Shane
Hi Shane,
We will eventually be moving to somewhere near Paddington (Brisbane) - might even be Fig Tree Pocket!! - but whilst we were out there in May we visted a few stores, one of which was called Betta Electrical, based in Kelvin Grove. I am fairly certain there is one in Fortitude Valley too. Do a search for their website - I think they are pretty large. The reason I recommend them is because they were quite willing to do substantial discounts (minimum of 10%) for buying multiple items. I think you could get even better discount than this with a little negotiation, and they're prices were reasonably competitive anyway.
Regards
Netta
Old Jan 17th 2005, 12:01 am
ABCDiamond

The Good Guys are good for Electrical things aswell. They also say "Less for Cash" on almost everything.

RACQ Members (the QLD version of the AA or RAC) get 12% off regular ticketed prices at selected Good Guys stores located at: Ballina, Browns Plains, Bundaberg, Bundall, Capalaba, Carseldine, Hervey Bay, Kawana Waters, Loganholme, Lutwyche, Mackay, Morayfield, Mt Gravatt, Oxley, Toowoomba, Townsville, Tweed Heads Sth & Rockhampton.

PS: RACQ membership starts at $58 per year. (my renewal is just in )

Old Jan 17th 2005, 12:58 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shecha
Hi Andrew,

How are you mate???

Do you know if Harvey Norman have a web-site??? Did a search but can't find it.

Cheers

Shell
Shell
Good!
All OK with you? Hopefully no issues!

www.harveynorman.com.au

Might want to change your search engine!

Andrew
Old Jan 17th 2005, 7:47 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

G'day Sloake and welcome to sunny Brisbane!

I just typed a reply to your post but got a 'technical error' message from the forum, so I'll try again!

The Betta Electrical (Laings) store at Kelvin Grove, which JohnAndNetta mentioned, is very good and will give you a discount for 'bulk' purchases. Their website is very basic, but can be found here. They do not sell furniture but are great for white goods and other electrical items.

I think you'll find that the Harvey Norman site mentioned above only covers the computer store, but they do have a large furniture store at Everton Park, as well as the computer store. They are pretty good for furniture and white goods.

A cheaper option for furniture is Super A Mart who have a number of stores around Brisbane. I kitted out a house (furniture only) through them once and had no complaints.

Myer at Brookside or the City will probably give you a discount if you buy both furniture and electricals from them, though they may be a bit dearer.

Probably depends on what type of quality you are looking for. That's all just off the top of my head; if I think of any more, I'll post again!

Cheers,
PR

Old Jan 17th 2005, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

There's always IKEA

Lesley