Reload this Page >

It was a WHITE envelope....

It was a WHITE envelope....

Old Jan 14th 2004, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking It was a WHITE envelope....

...but I don't care, it's here! :PARTY:

My dad has been visiting for a couple of weeks. I'd just said a tearful goodbye from our carpark yesterday when I decided to check the mail. There in the mail box was my letter informing me that I'm now a permanent resident, yay!

My boyfriend happened to call me just as I was opening the letter (he'd wanted to say another goodbye to my dad but had just missed him), so I got to share the moment with him. My tears of sadness soon turned to tears of joy!

Anyway, for those who don't know - I spend most of my time on here lurking, and not posting - after being with my Aussie boyfriend in London for 3 months I came over here on a working holiday visa.

About a month before my WHV ran out I applied for a de facto spouse visa, we went in for an interview and were asked for a bit more evidence, 21 days after I handed in the evidence (29th October 2001) I was granted my temporary visa (802?).

I handed in the second part of my application on 16th October 2003, and was told that I wouldn't get a decision until after 29th October 2003. I have applied to go to uni and need to be a PR to get HECS, so when I hadn't received my letter by 28th November I sent a fax asking kindly that DIMIA expedite the application.

I got a phone call from my case officer when we were all on holiday in Kangaroo Island on 9th Jan, she just wanted to chat to both of us about what we'd been up to since October, what are plans for the future are etc. The letter was dated the 9th, and arrived on the 12th.

Well, yesterday was my last day of annual leave, so I strolled into the city in the sunshine to go to the DIMIA office and get my visa stuck into my passport, and then I popped into SATAC (uni selection office) and proudly presented them with my new sticker. Offers will be received on 20th Jan, so hopefully this time next week I'll be letting you know that I will be going to uni soon, fingers crossed.

I didn't really think I would get refused, it's so obvious that we're still together, but it's just great to have to whole process over and done with.

I've gone 20 days without British Expats as well, I think that deserves a pat on the back! I have been smoking quite a bit instead though
Old Jan 14th 2004, 6:16 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Nara. You must be relieved. How was Kanagaroo island. I have heard a lot of good things about the place?

BTW when did DIMIA post you the final stage forms?
Old Jan 14th 2004, 6:18 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

A BIG congrats to you !!!! You must be over the moon

All the best
Old Jan 14th 2004, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by bondipom
Congratulations Nara. You must be relieved. How was Kanagaroo island. I have heard a lot of good things about the place?

BTW when did DIMIA post you the final stage forms?
KI was lovely, except my dad's fiance and her daughter didn't want to drive anywhere, we hardly saw any of the sights. Luckily I had been there 2 years earlier.

My bf, and my half-sister (not to be confused with my future step-sister), and I headed off to see Vivonne Bay, the Little Sahara, Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch one day without the whingeing poms, but unfortunately we only got as far as Vivonne Bay when bf sprained his ankle badly. He was lying on his back in the holiday cottage when he answered my phone to DIMIA.

I'm not entirely sure of the date I got my forms, I think it was around the 14th of August, I remember being happy with the time they'd given me to get it all together. I had to send off the money order to the Met PDQ to get my clearance in time.

Anyway, if you're in SA for a while and have at least 2 nights to spare head over to KI, it's got some lovely beaches, and I hear there's good surfing. It's very peaceful.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 6:39 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Nara, that must be just the best news. Im happy for you
Old Jan 14th 2004, 6:44 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nara!

Congratulations!

So, what uni course did you apply for?

Old Jan 14th 2004, 7:54 am
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Nara, see you soon
Old Jan 14th 2004, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Simone82
Hi Nara!

Congratulations!

So, what uni course did you apply for?

Thanks for everyones congrats.

I've applied for a Bachelor of Social Sciences, it looks really interesting, and because it should hopefully benefit my company they are going to contribute towards the fees

I haven't been to uni yet, I thought I'd jump head-first into the workplace. I'm glad in a way because if I'd gone aged 18 I was most likely going to have done a fine art degree, no offence to anyone who did fine art, but I think for me it would have been a waste of time.

Anyway, fingers crossed for the offer
Old Jan 14th 2004, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Congratulations! Must be a wonderful feeling.

But now my heart will leap with every white envelope that comes through the door...!:scared:
Old Jan 14th 2004, 9:59 pm
earlswood

Hi Nara,

How lovely

Be happy

Earlswood

Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:03 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: It was a WHITE envelope....

Originally posted by Nara

My dad has been visiting for a couple of weeks. I'd just said a tearful goodbye from our carpark yesterday when I decided to check the mail. There in the mail box was my letter informing me that I'm now a permanent resident, yay!

My boyfriend happened to call me just as I was opening the letter (he'd wanted to say another goodbye to my dad but had just missed him), so I got to share the moment with him. My tears of sadness soon turned to tears of joy!

Anyway, for those who don't know - I spend most of my time on here lurking, and not posting - after being with my Aussie boyfriend in London for 3 months I came over here on a working holiday visa.

About a month before my WHV ran out I applied for a de facto spouse visa, we went in for an interview and were asked for a bit more evidence, 21 days after I handed in the evidence (29th October 2001) I was granted my temporary visa (802?).

I handed in the second part of my application on 16th October 2003, and was told that I wouldn't get a decision until after 29th October 2003. I have applied to go to uni and need to be a PR to get HECS, so when I hadn't received my letter by 28th November I sent a fax asking kindly that DIMIA expedite the application.

I got a phone call from my case officer when we were all on holiday in Kangaroo Island on 9th Jan, she just wanted to chat to both of us about what we'd been up to since October, what are plans for the future are etc. The letter was dated the 9th, and arrived on the 12th.

Well, yesterday was my last day of annual leave, so I strolled into the city in the sunshine to go to the DIMIA office and get my visa stuck into my passport, and then I popped into SATAC (uni selection office) and proudly presented them with my new sticker. Offers will be received on 20th Jan, so hopefully this time next week I'll be letting you know that I will be going to uni soon, fingers crossed.

I didn't really think I would get refused, it's so obvious that we're still together, but it's just great to have to whole process over and done with.

I've gone 20 days without British Expats as well, I think that deserves a pat on the back! I have been smoking quite a bit instead though
Congratulations Nara
Great news we hope to meet up with you all in the summer.

Cheers.

Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Nara

Congratulations Nara I've been in Adelade with my aussie partner since October 2001 and my aplication for permanent residency was put in at the end of september 2003 and I'm still waiting...

I was told it was 99% chance of success by case officer, did you deal with a lady called Sue?
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by evorobin
Congratulations Nara I've been in Adelade with my aussie partner since October 2001 and my aplication for permanent residency was put in at the end of september 2003 and I'm still waiting...

I was told it was 99% chance of success by case officer, did you deal with a lady called Sue?
My case officer was Amanda. She never gave me a % figure.

I suspect I got mine earlier because I explained my situation with the uni application. I hope there is nothing being held back by your lack of reply. I know the feeling though, even if is nothing.
Old Jan 14th 2004, 10:53 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by evorobin

Is that first or final stage processing? Both Nara and I waited 3 months from submitting final stage forms to getting PR.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bondipom
Is that first or final stage processing? Both Nara and I waited 3 months from submitting final stage forms to getting PR.
Don't know to be honest. All I know is my visa is ongoing awaiting a result. Hasn't stopped us buying a house and all the rest so I'm not too fussed. If they try and send me back I'll just go underground like the A-TEAM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.