Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

white blood cells in urine

white blood cells in urine

Old Dec 27th 2004, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

juneandmike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default white blood cells in urine

Has anyone had white blood cells in the urine? I have these. I've had all the blood tests done and everything was ok I've had antibiotics to clear a water infection everything is now clear but the white cells are still there. I'm just beginning to panic. I've had the water analysed again mid cycle but still there but no red blood cells were found. Has anyone sent off their medicals with white blood cells in their urine and what was the outcome? If anyone can help I would really appreciate to share in your knowledge.
Old Dec 27th 2004, 6:03 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: white blood cells in urine

Originally Posted by juneandmike
Has anyone had white blood cells in the urine? I have these. I've had all the blood tests done and everything was ok I've had antibiotics to clear a water infection everything is now clear but the white cells are still there. I'm just beginning to panic. I've had the water analysed again mid cycle but still there but no red blood cells were found. Has anyone sent off their medicals with white blood cells in their urine and what was the outcome? If anyone can help I would really appreciate to share in your knowledge.
Sorry, not going to be much help, but as far as i know, white blood cells in your urine means your body is still fighting an infection, so it may not have cleared up...but i might be wrong...im sure on of the nurses or docs on the forum will be able to help..

good luck, and let us know the outcome !!!!
Old Dec 27th 2004, 7:01 pm
ad4ozz

As well as the antibiotics try cranberry juice and good old robinsons barley which both help to reduce infection.

Drinking plenty of fluids can help to prevent infection. Fluids help to flush out your kidneys and bladder, to prevent the build-up of debris in which bacteria can grow. Cranberry juice helps prevent the growth of bacteria as sort of natural antibiotic and is known to help reduce the risk of developing urine infections.

Just get the asda tesco sort or ocean spray, they all sell it in the fruit juice section.

Old Dec 27th 2004, 8:11 pm
Quiet one in the corner

kendra1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by juneandmike
I recently had my medical done, they found blood in my urine, mid cycle, i have also had antibiotics, they have now sent all medical results to australia saying i had passed, they sent me a copy of lab results, they said no red cells found, so fingers crossed everything is ok
Old Dec 27th 2004, 10:15 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
As well as the antibiotics try cranberry juice and good old robinsons barley which both help to reduce infection.

Drinking plenty of fluids can help to prevent infection. Fluids help to flush out your kidneys and bladder, to prevent the build-up of debris in which bacteria can grow. Cranberry juice helps prevent the growth of bacteria as sort of natural antibiotic and is known to help reduce the risk of developing urine infections.

Just get the asda tesco sort or ocean spray, they all sell it in the fruit juice section.
I'll second that advice
Old Dec 27th 2004, 10:24 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Goodluck babe,everything crossed for you

Donna.
Old Dec 29th 2004, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ad4ozz

Talk to your doctor. If their is still microscopic traces of blood in your urine, he may suggest further tests - a small camera may be used - however I am informed that some people always have small traces in their urine and are otherwise without symptoms and that there is no danger. But get it checked out. I did - sever years ago and I am fine - but when tested traces still show up. Aparantly it "just does" with some people.