Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

whisky is back with new name

whisky is back with new name

Old Jul 2nd 2005, 8:49 am
Just Joined

ebonystar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default whisky is back with new name

Just to let you know that I am back but under a new name. Ebonystar.
Loads been happening. Do I post it all on here or do I have to go somewhere else now?

Whisky (Ebonystar)
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 8:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whisky is back with new name

Hiya mate!
Often wondered what happened to you! Its good to see you back, let us know whats been going on. Do you still have the restaurant?
As for the username, sounds rather like a horsey name? Are you riding again?
Polly
x
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 8:56 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ebonystar
Loads been happening. Do I post it all on here or do I have to go somewhere else now?

Whisky (Ebonystar)
Hi Whisky,
Good to see you are back.

You probably don't remember me I think we spoke once or twice but I enjoyed following your journey form the UK to the restaurant business in Mandurah.

I would love to hear how you are getting on.

ACE
P.S Please accept my apologies if I am addressing the wrong Whisky.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 8:59 am
You'll learn............

Desperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of lightDesperate House Flies is a glorious beacon of light

Whisky (Ebonystar)

Welcome back

Come on we want to here the whole story.

Best wishes from a fellow name changer

Jill (aka Bree)
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 9:30 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Whisky (Ebonystar)
You are in the right place Whisky

Only last week I was thinking she promised to post a piccie of the restuarant but never did.

Now, spill dem beans
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 10:05 am
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: whisky is back with new name

Glad you never put 'Fish' on the end of that ! ! !

R.
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 10:55 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

well hello and welcome back
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 12:35 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hiya
was only asking a month or so ago if anyone heard from you and how you were getting on!!
great to see you back!

we need a loooooooooooooooooooooong update from you.......hows business?

sue x
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 1:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Sure it'll be some update when we hear it - c'mon Whisky/Ebonystar, we're waiting!!!!

OT - Sue, thats an interesting link - should be a fantastic experience for your daughter)
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 1:31 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carruss
Glad you never put 'Fish' on the end of that ! ! !

R.
PMSL . Toilet humour, right up my alley.

Last edited by ACE; Jul 2nd 2005 at 1:35 pm.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 12:56 am
Just Joined

Whisky (Ebonystar)

Well, do you want the long or the short version?

I have tried to get back on as whisky a couple of times, but as i am not really into computers, I have ended up swearing and cursing at expats when I have tried to log in and gone off in disgust swearing I will never try to get on here again.
Anyway, yesterday, had the same thing so logged in as ebonystar. When the teenager gets out of her pit, I will try and log on as whisky.

Yes we are still here and there has been plenty happening.

We have still got the restaurant and during the Summer it does really well, but the winter months are a lot slower which seems to always put us back as the rent is very high. So we struggle through the winter and then catch up in the summer.
I don't work in the restaurant any more.
I took myself off to college for 17 weeks and trained as a phlebotomist (pathology specimen collector). I have been working in my new job for the past 8 weeks. The first 5 weeks were scarey but I am now enjoying my work, but there is a down side as I was taken on casual till 15th july whilst other staff were on maternity leave and holidays, so I am not sure whether ther will be any work after that.
I have got to say that I am quite proud of myself to take myself off to college at the age of 46 and learn something completely new. There were times when I thought I wouldn't get through it, but I now have a certificate 3 in Pathology specimen collection.

Last year I was very ill and thought I was going to pop my clogs. I had a reaction to the antibiotics (penicillin) and was nearly a gonner. So now I can't have penicillin any more.
I was in a car accident in January with 2 other girls from college. A car came straight through a give way sign and hit us side on. I was in the back and did all my ribs in from the seatbelt and my back. my friend cracked a bone in her neck. We are okay now, but it was very close.

We have moved house. We are renting a property with 5 acres, and were hoping to buy something but we ain't making our fortune here, so it will be renting for some time I think.

My daughter came to me 2 weeks ago and informed me that a load of girls were smoking maruana at school and she was worried about it, so I said for her to leave it with me and I would have a word with the school. I rang first thing on the monday morning, but unfortunately my daughter told what she thought was a friend who went straight to these other girls and told them. They all had her pinned up to a wall, but she managed to get to the teachers, but she had to come home for her own safety. Things have been sorted in a fashion but she is still being threatened as when it came to light there were loads of them on it.

Austraia....... I have my moments when I really want to go back to the UK, especially to spend a bit of time with friends.
I think that my biggest worry here is that I don't feel very secure on this 457 business visa. Tony is trying to put together the application for Permanent at the moment, but quite honestly it is a nightmare. I am looking at a pile of paperwork 3 inches thick and he is only half way there. He is so patient with it, I think I would have chucked the whole lot out of the window by now.

I am hoping to go back to the UK for a holiday at the end of the year, but it really depends on how much work I get between now and then. I think it would do me good in particular as it is me who keeps threatening to go back for good and I think I need to be reminded just why I wanted to come here in the first place. I would also like to go and see my Mother as she hasn't been well and I feel so guilty for being so far away from her.

Its nice to see a few of the old names here.
Hope things are going okay and you are enjoying your new lives in Oz.
You will all have to let me know whats happening. Who is still here, who has gone back?

Cresta 57. I read that you had an accident. Hope you are all okay.

This is all for now
Whisky
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:55 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Whisky. that is one hell of a few months !

I'm reading between the lines and seeing there is a lot of strength in your family. Backs to the wall type stuff but coming out fighting.

If nothing else gets you through I think your attitude will. Keep this and try to keep smiling, difficult as that is at times.

Very best of luck for the coming months
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 5:14 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Whisky, good to hear from you.

How good of your daughter to tell all that to you, I'm so sorry though how it's turned out for her . When I was at high school(year 8/9 in Bridgetown, WA), there was also heaps of people smoking the stuff. I only found out though just before we left to go back to Holland, and 'got out' before I got sucked in by peer pressure too(I don't think I would've easily been able to say no, let alone tell my parents or teachers!!)

I had a really nice meal at your cafe last year, and will try and remember to make a detour into Rockingham on our way south to have lunch or something, especially now in the winter!
Hope this cold wet winter doesn't make it even worse for you guys!!

Oh, and good on you for going to college, that's great stuff!!
So what do you actually do?

Good luck to you and your family, and have fun in England when you go

xx

Simone
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 5:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Simone
Wow, Whisky, good to hear from you.

How good of your daughter to tell all that to you, I'm so sorry though how it's turned out for her . When I was at high school(year 8/9 in Bridgetown, WA), there was also heaps of people smoking the stuff. I only found out though just before we left to go back to Holland, and 'got out' before I got sucked in by peer pressure too(I don't think I would've easily been able to say no, let alone tell my parents or teachers!!)

I had a really nice meal at your cafe last year, and will try and remember to make a detour into Rockingham on our way south to have lunch or something, especially now in the winter!
Hope this cold wet winter doesn't make it even worse for you guys!!

Oh, and good on you for going to college, that's great stuff!!
So what do you actually do?

Good luck to you and your family, and have fun in England when you go

xx

Simone

I take peoples blood and bodily fluids.
I work for Pathcentre.

Whisky
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 6:28 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I take peoples blood and bodily fluids.
I work for Pathcentre.

Whisky
Ah, that's what I thought!

Btw, I gave blood yesterday(to the Red Cross), I'm very proud of myself! Not really scared of needles, or blood, but more of the fact that so much blood(400ml) is going out, and that I already have a bit low bloodpressure, but you don't feel it coming out at all, and I just took it easy afterwards, and I'm fine! So in 3 months I go again.

And I dedicate my bloodgiving to all you 'poms' who can't give

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.