Whingers

Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Aussie_Pride will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Whingers

Vash Quote My country was established on a long and consistent history of boat-rocking. It's one of the things Aussies do rather well.

Long history what long history england has older tree's then people have lived in Australia and it is not your country it belongs to the Aboriginals but then again Australia has gone the same way as the USA has with it American Indians and england did in India has it not, pushed the indigenous people to one side and say it's our country now.Most people that say they are true Aussies even myself in Australia that can trace there family tree that far back will find they are descended from English or European prisoners or there guards so it's not really your country is it m8 unless you believe the Aboriginals have no clam to it P.S if you check your facts NZ gave the right to vote to women first not Australia. But i do agree with you Aussies are good at rocking the boat Mind you i think this thread has been hijacked by people talking about all the food they miss

Last edited by Aussie_Pride; Oct 21st 2005 at 5:35 am.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 6:58 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fireeater
Have lunch with my wife when we come to Brissie in january....she's in England at the mo for 2 weeks, and it's reminded her of what a dump we left

I would love to as I have a hunch that she won't want to chat about the lack of M&S knickers or proper gravy
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:23 am
Just Joined

flavinski is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Whingers

Which, of course, you can get OK. you can have a nice cup of English Breakfast with your biccies

I'll have me timtams, and a long Black
BICCIE ALERT!theres a rich tea buscuit on the run anyone who finds it gets a reward.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:25 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Whingers

Originally Posted by Aussie_Pride
Vash Quote My country was established on a long and consistent history of boat-rocking. It's one of the things Aussies do rather well.

Long history what long history england has older tree's then people have lived in Australia
So what? The Chinese already had a sophisticated empire by the time the Britons had just started to figure out out whether mud is something you eat or build houses with.

It's all relative.

and it is not your country it belongs to the Aboriginals but then again Australia has gone the same way as the USA has with it American Indians and england did in India has it not, pushed the indigenous people to one side and say it's our country now. Most people that say they are true Aussies even myself in Australia that can trace there family tree that far back will find they are descended from English or European prisoners or there guards so it's not really your country is it m8 unless you believe the Aboriginals have no clam to it
British ancestry is no big deal; it certainly has no relevance to the question of whether or not I am Australian. My father was German, my grandfather on my father's side was British, my grandmother on my father's side was German, my mother is Australian, my gradmother on my mother's side is Australian, and my grandfather on my mother's side was English (born in Norwich.)

But I was born and bred in Australia, and am most definitely an Australian.

And since I am an Australian, and since the Aboriginals are Australians, and since Australia belong to all Australians, it is indeed my country whether you like it or not.

BTW, I don't see the Brits giving NI back to the Irish... or allowing Scotland and Wales to become independent nations again, so I suggest that you might want to re-think that one.

P.S if you check your facts NZ gave the right to vote to women first not Australia.
OK, I checked my facts and it turns out that I was wrong. Fair cop.

NZ gave women the vote in 1893, and Australia was the second country to do so, in 1902. Britain followed suit in 1918, but the Yanks didn't get around to it until 1920.

But i do agree with you Aussies are good at rocking the boat. Mind you i think this thread has been hijacked by people talking about all the food they miss
Thankyou.

My original post was made in response to someone who claimed that Aussies don't rock the boat. My purpose was to demonstrate that we do, and - more significantly - we rock the boat on the things which count.

We are not whingers or whiners, and "there's no Sainsbury's" or "the media is crap" does not count as "boat-rocking." It's just petty complaining, of no signficance whatoever.

Bttom line if there's a real problem, we'll do something about it; if it's only a little thing that we can't change anyway (such as the poor quality of the media) we just ignore it and get on with life.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

BTW, I don't see the Brits giving NI back to the Irish... or allowing Scotland and Wales to become independent nations again, so I suggest that you might want to re-think that one.

Sorry m8 wrong again Scotland has it own Parliament which means it is independent from England,England has very little to do with the running of Ireland now so think they are quite independent now,How many Aboriginals server in any government positions in Australia not many.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 10:01 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

What is it with the biscuits?? I keep reading that there is no choice of biscuits here - but f**k me - every time I go to the supermarket there is a whole aisle of them

A
Old Oct 21st 2005, 10:15 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
I would love to as I have a hunch that she won't want to chat about the lack of M&S knickers or proper gravy
She'll be back online properly in a just over a week, so you can both work out something then

I'm working in Brisbane but Cas will have some free time on her hands

You're more likely to talk about S&M knickers
Old Oct 21st 2005, 10:28 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Originally Posted by flavinski
BICCIE ALERT!theres a rich tea buscuit on the run anyone who finds it gets a reward.
They're no good for dunking
Old Oct 21st 2005, 11:29 am
Just Joined

flavinski is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Whingers

They're no good for dunking
biccie alert. the rich tea buscuit has been found.it was buying knickers and gravy in marks and spencers!!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
if it's only a little thing that we can't change anyway (such as the poor quality of the media) we just ignore it and get on with life.

Yep - exactly what I said - you're all scared of rocking the boat. (Or you're all scared of pulling your head out of the sand - your choice!) :
Old Oct 21st 2005, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Vash - just couldn't resist - you've probably noticed that I've got my wind-up merchant head on today!!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 3:59 pm
Fremantle Doctor!

windy gale has a spectacular aura aboutwindy gale has a spectacular aura aboutwindy gale has a spectacular aura about

here! here! and as proffesional biscuit eater you can get mc vities chocolate home wheat and iron brew, and we love it here lovely jubbly open a bottle of bubbly beer from the beer fridge with just beer in it, no wait i can see a jar of vegemite
Old Oct 21st 2005, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BazzaMatthews
Ok so this isn't going to win me many friends on here but..... let me just say this isn't aimed at any individuals and isn't meant as criticism just observation.

I have been using this forum for a couple of weeks now as I am just starting out trying to get a Visa (I may already have a job lined up!!!!). I am amazed at the negative vibes in many of the threads. People seem to keep judging the place by British standards they are used to. Newsflash folk - you ain't in Britain - so you can't get fu**ing mcvities biscuitsd or Iron Brew and Yes it is ****ing hot - etc etc etc - That is because it is Australia not Kent or Essex or any other county - Get used to it - Put up or shut up!!!

Is it any surprise the Australians refer to us as "whinging pommes"?

Right thats the end of my ... er... whinge I suppose!!!!!

Bazza.

Oh no your gonna have eveyone from the coming back home section all over your arse!!! but your right, lot's go and thing there going to the UK with sun!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wildmark
Oh no your gonna have eveyone from the coming back home section all over your arse!!! but your right, lot's go and thing there going to the UK with sun!
You have got a very good point there wildmark they do and i think that is why so many end up going home,To be honest if you want england with sun go to Spain Gibraltar in-particular
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 3:03 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

The Aussies???? I've not been to one of those clubs yet
Talking of Clubs, i miss orange clubs, does anyone else ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.