Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Whic agency are you using?

Whic agency are you using?

Old Jan 4th 2004, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

Mr&MrsPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whic agency are you using?

I just though I would check which agencies you are all using before we part with anymore of our precious money. We are using an agency that was recommended to us. I can't remember the name though. Its run by two ladies who originally worked in the immigration dept of the Aussie embassy or consulate. Probably the consulate if it was in Manchester.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

markaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whic agency are you using?

Originally posted by Mr&MrsPom
I just though I would check which agencies you are all using before we part with anymore of our precious money. We are using an agency that was recommended to us. I can't remember the name though. Its run by two ladies who originally worked in the immigration dept of the Aussie embassy or consulate. Probably the consulate if it was in Manchester.

unless you have a unusal case why dont you try doing the application yourself,I know its a time consuming thing but could save you heaps.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Mr&MrsPom is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband turned 39 three days ago, so we feel that time is a factor now and need to get it right. I know that the age is important for the points and its goes from when you first lodge your application, but can anyone tell you if you make a mistake does it just delay the application or do you have to start from scratch thereby maybe missing out if you have turned 40 in the meantime. Hope that makes sense.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

markaren is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Mr&MrsPom
My husband turned 39 three days ago, so we feel that time is a factor now and need to get it right. I know that the age is important for the points and its goes from when you first lodge your application, but can anyone tell you if you make a mistake does it just delay the application or do you have to start from scratch thereby maybe missing out if you have turned 40 in the meantime. Hope that makes sense.

I can only speak from our own experience and that was from 5 years ago, but thay chucked one of our applications out for something really silly and had to re submitt paying the fee again, but Now it might depend on the mistake, if they have to send all the application back because you forgot to put something in might just put the application back a few months but your right about the age over 40 and the points go down