Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

wheres yvonne woods

wheres yvonne woods

Old Sep 17th 2002, 10:52 pm
  #1  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
shaun/lor's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2002
Location: geelong, vic. forever
Posts: 634
shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wheres yvonne woods

well shes been there since sunday 15th and still no word from yvonne. so i reckon shes either crying in a corner cos shes changed her mind and wants to come home.....not
or after the long spell away from hubby there still in bed making up for lost time. most probably.

hope its all going to plan yvonne shaun and lor xxxxx
shaun/lor is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2002, 9:30 am
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
ywoods's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: London
Posts: 603
ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: wheres yvonne woods

Here she is

OK you want the run down?

Had a great flight... all fears of flying seem to be under control

We landed just after 6am on Monday (Aussie time) and at 10am I had a phone call about going for a job interview on Wednesday for a temp agency.. will tell you about that later on...

OK nothing interesting on Monday 'cept went shopping.. knew there were going to be some things missing from the shelves.. but it was bearable

Had a few hours kip during the day and went to bed at 8pm.. kept waking up during the night as it seemed as though I should have been up, but of course I should have just slept. Tony was a little stuffed by the journey and for the first time in his life, the kid slept over 12 hours !!!!!

On Tuesday we had serious stuff to do.. went to Medicare to get our medicare cards sorted. As it is all down to immigration to send the info down a puter, mine was not there, but Tones was, so he can get ill, and I cant *sigh*

Next we opened a bank account. Went with ANZ as we got away with a $5 a month charge and as many transactions as we want and we get a 'debit' card too. The same goes with Tone but he does not pay a fee til he is 18.

We both got a sims card for out mobiles so we are now contactable for our mates in UK via sms YAYYYYYY

Phoned up about the theory driving test, but as I am only on a temp visa I dont have to do my test til I am a perm resident WOO HOO 2 years til I sweat it out

Sorting out a school for Tone, have an appointment on Friday for him, but school break up on Friday for 2 weeks so he wont start til then anyways, but at least we can sort him out

Went for my interview today and totally screwed up, I was way way too tired. Still you never know, they might make an exception due to only being here 48 hours *shrug*

We are all feeling the stress slightly, 'cept Tony who might be off to a party with some 16 y/o girls on Saturday!!!! WOO HOO the kid is going to get social!

Nothing much more to report on at the moment, just tired tired tired

Will keep ya more posted if you wanna hear my drivvel.....

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH yea went to the bay yesterday to have a peek and it was WOW!!! Ok it is not where you would swim, but it is only a few mins drive from where we live which after being in London, and the nearest place being the Thames or Southend,,,, well need I say anymore?

Take care all

Yvonne

No more days til we hit Melbourne as we are ALREADY HERE!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by shaun/lor:
well shes been there since sunday 15th and still no word from yvonne. so i reckon shes either crying in a corner cos shes changed her mind and wants to come home.....not
or after the long spell away from hubby there still in bed making up for lost time. most probably.

hope its all going to plan yvonne shaun and lor xxxxx
ywoods is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2002, 9:37 am
  #3  
Hot and sweaty member!!
 
yvsie's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2002
Location: WA I think!
Posts: 2,031
yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wheres yvonne woods

Aw bless Yvonne....glad to hear you arrived safely


chill out for a bit ...forget about job for a week or two!!!!



keep the info coming!!!!!!
yvsie is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2002, 9:39 am
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
ywoods's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: London
Posts: 603
ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: wheres yvonne woods

Awwwwwwwww bless my arse lol Have to work, cant sit on my hands need wonga to feed the hubsta and kid... or is that kid and kid.. Poor ole Alsie is about to lose his nipple.. both Alsie and Tone are COVERED in bruises! HAHAHAHA they have missed each other!

Yvonne

No more days til we hit Melbourne as we are ALREADY HERE!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by yvsie:
Aw bless Yvonne....glad to hear you arrived safely


chill out for a bit ...forget about job for a week or two!!!!



keep the info coming!!!!!!
ywoods is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2002, 10:09 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
springflower's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Bunbury, Western Australia
Posts: 215
springflower will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: wheres yvonne woods

Originally posted by ywoods:
Awwwwwwwww bless my arse lol Have to work, cant sit on my hands need wonga to feed the hubsta and kid... or is that kid and kid.. Poor ole Alsie is about to lose his nipple.. both Alsie and Tone are COVERED in bruises! HAHAHAHA they have missed each other!

Yvonne

No more days til we hit Melbourne as we are ALREADY HERE!!!!!!!!!

Hi Yvonne
Im new to this site but have read some of your posts over the last few weeks. I just wanted to wish you good luck over there, hopefully i will be there one day... just starting out so could be a while. There are some great bits of info on this site. Im sure you will love it there.
Jan
springflower is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2002, 10:27 am
  #6  
Migration Agent
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Posts: 6,439
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wheres yvonne woods

Well done Yvonne!

Sorry that you missed the absolutely fabulous weather at the weekend (Sunday was the hottest early Spring day on record I believe - 28.5 degrees) and are probably getting blown about in the gales.

The jet-lag frazzles your brain and you can't think straight for the first week or so (particularly in the afternoons and evenings) - so try to relax, hoover some Yarra Valley Chardonnay, see the sights, and ENJOY!

Best regards.



Originally posted by ywoods:
Awwwwwwwww bless my arse lol Have to work, cant sit on my hands need wonga to feed the hubsta and kid... or is that kid and kid.. Poor ole Alsie is about to lose his nipple.. both Alsie and Tone are COVERED in bruises! HAHAHAHA they have missed each other!

Yvonne

No more days til we hit Melbourne as we are ALREADY HERE!!!!!!!!!

Alan Collett is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2002, 10:37 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
poggle's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Parkdale/Melbourne
Posts: 277
poggle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: wheres yvonne woods

Originally posted by ywoods:
Here she is

OK you want the run down?

Had a great flight... all fears of flying seem to be under control

We landed just after 6am on Monday (Aussie time) and at 10am I had a phone call about going for a job interview on Wednesday for a temp agency.. will tell you about that later on...

OK nothing interesting on Monday 'cept went shopping.. knew there were going to be some things missing from the shelves.. but it was bearable

Had a few hours kip during the day and went to bed at 8pm.. kept waking up during the night as it seemed as though I should have been up, but of course I should have just slept. Tony was a little stuffed by the journey and for the first time in his life, the kid slept over 12 hours !!!!!

On Tuesday we had serious stuff to do.. went to Medicare to get our medicare cards sorted. As it is all down to immigration to send the info down a puter, mine was not there, but Tones was, so he can get ill, and I cant *sigh*

Next we opened a bank account. Went with ANZ as we got away with a $5 a month charge and as many transactions as we want and we get a 'debit' card too. The same goes with Tone but he does not pay a fee til he is 18.

We both got a sims card for out mobiles so we are now contactable for our mates in UK via sms YAYYYYYY

Phoned up about the theory driving test, but as I am only on a temp visa I dont have to do my test til I am a perm resident WOO HOO 2 years til I sweat it out

Sorting out a school for Tone, have an appointment on Friday for him, but school break up on Friday for 2 weeks so he wont start til then anyways, but at least we can sort him out

Went for my interview today and totally screwed up, I was way way too tired. Still you never know, they might make an exception due to only being here 48 hours *shrug*

We are all feeling the stress slightly, 'cept Tony who might be off to a party with some 16 y/o girls on Saturday!!!! WOO HOO the kid is going to get social!

Nothing much more to report on at the moment, just tired tired tired

Will keep ya more posted if you wanna hear my drivvel.....

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH yea went to the bay yesterday to have a peek and it was WOW!!! Ok it is not where you would swim, but it is only a few mins drive from where we live which after being in London, and the nearest place being the Thames or Southend,,,, well need I say anymore?

Take care all

Yvonne

No more days til we hit Melbourne as we are ALREADY HERE!!!!!!!!!



Hi Yvonne!

Glad you got there safely!!! Let us know how you get on.
We had our meds yesterday! hopefully we'll be out there in Mel soon too!! Take care! Miss you already!!!

Cheers and Good Luck!!

Kaff xx:PARTY:
poggle is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2002, 12:01 pm
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
jasmin's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2002
Location: Living in Sydney and having a ball
Posts: 206
jasmin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: wheres yvonne woods

Glad to hear you got there safely and you are all re-united.

2 weeks and I will be in Sydney.

Good luck

Love Nicki
jasmin is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2002, 2:42 pm
  #9  
BE Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
shaun/lor's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2002
Location: geelong, vic. forever
Posts: 634
shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: wheres yvonne woods

Originally posted by jasmin:
Glad to hear you got there safely and you are all re-united.

2 weeks and I will be in Sydney.

Good luck

Love Nicki
glad your back yvonne keep that hunter valley on ice and the coals on the barby hot.

7 weeks till we leave 7 weeks 2 days till melbourne.
well there abouts anyway lol

shaun and lor
shaun/lor is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2002, 4:55 pm
  #10  
BE Forum Addict
 
tinaj's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Gold Coast- the best place in the world
Posts: 3,196
tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Re: wheres yvonne woods

Originally posted by shaun/lor:


glad your back yvonne keep that hunter valley on ice and the coals on the barby hot.

7 weeks till we leave 7 weeks 2 days till melbourne.
well there abouts anyway lol

shaun and lor
Great news that you have finally arrived. Everyone on this site seems to be almost leaving, well I will be around for a longgggg time yet, so I hope people keep in touch !!

Have fun!


Tina
tinaj is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2002, 9:46 pm
  #11  
BE Enthusiast
 
rday's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 359
rday will become famous soon enough
Default Re: wheres yvonne woods

nice to hear from u
rday
take care
rday is offline  
Old Sep 19th 2002, 8:08 am
  #12  
BE Enthusiast
 
ywoods's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: London
Posts: 603
ywoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: wheres yvonne woods

Feeling a little more alive now.. tho it is 6pm and I am ready for bed hahaha

Did not do as badly at the interview as I first thought. I whizzed the tests so I am being put forward for the job and might start on Monday

Thank you Alan for your advice but I think if I were to just smell some wine now I would be knocked out for a week

Been out and about the last few days, but not been able to take much in *sigh* I hope it does not get to the point that I am not able to appreciate my suuroundings due to lack of time

Interview at the school tomorrow for the likkle lad... had a wind up with him earlier by saying the receptionist asked if I was from the soap Eastenders HAHAHAHAHAHAHA he fell for it and I think I will keep that one going for a while

OK I am orf ta watch a movie with the ole man and likkle lad now... be good, have fun and all of ya bear with me whilst I get over all the excitement and come back down to earth

Yvonne

The out on bonk mad one
Originally posted by shaun/lor:
well shes been there since sunday 15th and still no word from yvonne. so i reckon shes either crying in a corner cos shes changed her mind and wants to come home.....not
or after the long spell away from hubby there still in bed making up for lost time. most probably.

hope its all going to plan yvonne shaun and lor xxxxx
ywoods is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.