Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

wheres the best place to advertise holiday accommodation?

wheres the best place to advertise holiday accommodation?

Old Oct 10th 2004, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

junekelly is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile wheres the best place to advertise holiday accommodation?

I've been thinking a lot about how to advertise holiday accommodation to people in Britian before they get here. What is it that people are looking for in short term accommodation?.Whats considered a reasonable price?. How long is the normal stay for?. What key things do people look for when checking for accommodation on the net?

If anyone can help me with sites that they know are checked more in Britian , I would be really grateful. I have two houses here , one in Joondalup and one in Quinns.

I would love to have a business that I really enjoyed everyday. I know that meeting new people from overseas would be great and that hopefully doing something that I love would make me enough money to enjoy my life without to many bill also

Any great ideas on how to market or what sites are good please let me know either by reply here or email me on [email protected].

Thanks everyone

June
Old Oct 10th 2004, 4:02 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: wheres the best place to advertise holiday accommodation?

Originally Posted by junekelly
I've been thinking a lot about how to advertise holiday accommodation to people in Britian before they get here. What is it that people are looking for in short term accommodation?.Whats considered a reasonable price?. How long is the normal stay for?. What key things do people look for when checking for accommodation on the net?

If anyone can help me with sites that they know are checked more in Britian , I would be really grateful. I have two houses here , one in Joondalup and one in Quinns.

I would love to have a business that I really enjoyed everyday. I know that meeting new people from overseas would be great and that hopefully doing something that I love would make me enough money to enjoy my life without to many bill also

Any great ideas on how to market or what sites are good please let me know either by reply here or email me on [email protected].

Thanks everyone

June
A place that charges about $650 per week for a 3 bed furnished house (with TV etc) for 3 weeks in my area is almost always fully occupied. The owner also collects at the airport, and arranges a starter pack of food etc.

In our area we also have some 2 bed furnished places for about $300 pw but for 13 week lets.

I think that 3 weeks would sound a good time frame, allowing the people time to find a normal rental, and move in.

Old Oct 10th 2004, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
A place that charges about $650 per week for a 3 bed furnished house (with TV etc) for 3 weeks in my area is almost always fully occupied. The owner also collects at the airport, and arranges a starter pack of food etc.

In our area we also have some 2 bed furnished places for about $300 pw but for 13 week lets.

I think that 3 weeks would sound a good time frame, allowing the people time to find a normal rental, and move in.
Thanks for the fast reply , but what area are you in? and what internet sites do you use. Thanks so much for your help , its really appreciated

june
Old Oct 10th 2004, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

Cool Thanks for the help

Thanks so much for your help. I'm still trying to work out how to use this site. Its been great so far. Sharing things with other people and getting new ideas always makes this such an interesting place to visit.

Keep sending information it helps so much with working out how to do this holiday accommodation.

Any emails or comments on what people are looking for and how to reach people coming to perth western australia is greatly appreciated.

[email protected]

thanks
June
Old Oct 10th 2004, 4:42 am
ABCDiamond

June

I'm over on the other side in S.E. QLD

Have you looked at, and contacted http://www.perthmeetandgreet.com/
And are you also on the
Poms in Perth website forum ?

I am actually considering doing the same thing with a house I have over here, I just need the tenant to decide to leave first though

Old Oct 10th 2004, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

mel and paul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thanks for the help

Hi June, ive sent u an email regarding renting out a place, im over to perth in 4 weeks time and nowhere to stay
Old Oct 10th 2004, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Arrow Paul haven't recieved your email

Paul and Mel,

I haven't recieved your email for some strange reason as yet. If you would like to send an email to [email protected], that would be great. I have accommodation available at present in Quinns and maybe in Joondalup. So email me again and hopefully we can work out something. If you need a lift from the airport let me know

Thanks for your interest
June
Old Oct 10th 2004, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Dear Paul ,

Just incase its not showing up properly and there is any email mistake. It is june underscore kelly @ joinet.net.au. Maybe the underscore was missed out. Cheers hope to hear from you soon

June
Old Oct 10th 2004, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

mel and paul is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi June, have sent a reply to your email, will be online for a while if ou can reply
Old Oct 10th 2004, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hi ABCDiamond

I checked out the sites you sent me and Poms in Perth, has a real estate Rep that I know who is posting like crazy . I should have known , he is a lovely guy and seems to be the real estate guru there.

Thanks once again for your help, its really appreciated

June