New Zealand
6.57%
Other
8.03%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

where are you off to?

Old Feb 26th 2004, 10:35 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by glhall
We would love to live in Perth but its location means twice the cost for airfares which is a big issue to us because we (and family members back in NZ) will be coming and going from Ausie to NZ so that ruled that out. Our next choice of destination was Brisbane and was up until we started checking out the weather more and more. Did you know that theres been a high over there of 43 degrees which has just killed 300 people and put 600 in hospital! The heat in Summer is something to dread by the sounds of it. Ive had unbearable hot days over here at around 30 degrees and I cant even comprehend 43 but aparantly that is an extreme and doesnt usualy get that high, mostly in the 30s. We are still going to travel around the east coasts for a holiday but it will be in June. The Brisbane weather in winter is aparantly brilliant with not much rain hapening all winter. SO.....our final destination has changed to Melbourne which has colder winters and nice summers but is a beautiful place with a population of about 4 million. Supposed to have good job opportunitys to. Hope all goes according to plan Catherine
Why are you moving over to OZ?

Or have you already posted why?

I looked at alternatives to NZ and the Saphire Coast seemed like a nice place. Similar climate, small city/town kind of thing going on. Might be worth checking out. I have a few links if you want to have a look.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 12:15 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Larissa
What on earth do you do then Wheetabix? (Just being nosey - can't thing of anything to do except farming there).
You is correct - it's lovely rural agricultural land.
My company mines the clay thats underneath.

You see I is a seller of china clay - or Kaolin.

You may not know what that is but it's all around you every day and sometimes inside you too.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 12:25 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Bix
You is correct - it's lovely rural agricultural land.
My company mines the clay thats underneath.

You see I is a seller of china clay - or Kaolin.

You may not know what that is but it's all around you every day and sometimes inside you too.
Made into pots, or added to morphine to make a bloody good stomach calmer!

Bix, do you do any pottery yourself? I know Cornwall has a hell of a lot of crafts people there.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 12:41 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by downunderpom
Made into pots, or added to morphine to make a bloody good stomach calmer!

Bix, do you do any pottery yourself? I know Cornwall has a hell of a lot of crafts people there.
And paints, adhesives, rubbers, plastics, chemicals, sealants, fertiliser, paper, sanitaryware - de lists eet go on and on.

You're right but no, I am not one of them.
Nearest I get to that is "throwing" up in a pot but I am crafty !
Old Feb 27th 2004, 12:47 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Bix
And paints, adhesives, rubbers, plastics, chemicals, sealants, fertiliser, paper, sanitaryware - de lists eet go on and on.

You're right but no, I am not one of them.
Nearest I get to that is "throwing" up in a pot but I am crafty !

Eeee, Lad! Tha's a caution!

(Bugger! Sorry - that was Yorkshire... Cornwall? oh yeah)

"I got a brand new combine 'arvester......."
Old Feb 27th 2004, 12:51 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally posted by downunderpom

Eeee, Lad! Tha's a caution!

(Bugger! Sorry - that was Yorkshire... Cornwall? oh yeah)

"I got a brand new combine 'arvester......."
Actually old boy that one is more Somerset.

We are more oo aarrrr me ansome, ow be doin.
Remember Poldark of smugglers fame ?

Old Feb 27th 2004, 12:54 am
I like kittens.

Originally posted by Bix
Actually old boy that one is more Somerset.

We are more oo aarrrr me ansome, ow be doin.
Remember Poldark of smugglers fame ?

Sorry, mate. I'm not much of a TV watcher (still haven't had my UK TV tuned to Oz TV, after 18 months.) Last time I saw a Cornish smuggler it was Stewart Granger. Now THERE was a man with a West Country accent! (NOT!)
Old Feb 27th 2004, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

glhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jack Daws
Why are you moving over to OZ?

Or have you already posted why?

I looked at alternatives to NZ and the Saphire Coast seemed like a nice place. Similar climate, small city/town kind of thing going on. Might be worth checking out. I have a few links if you want to have a look.
Hi Jack, we want a change, after all you only live once, the weather and government is pretty depressing here this must be the worst and shortest summer I have ever experienced. There has been the worst flooding in a 100 years down the bottom of the north island along with high winds and storms, its a real crazy occurance for this time of the year tho, usualy its drought time. We thort if we like it in Ausie enough we will stay. if not we can always come back. not a problem. But we are going with the intentions of staying. Its kinda of a why the hell not sort of thing, an adventure. Catherine.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 6:48 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by glhall
Hi Jack, we want a change, after all you only live once, the weather and government is pretty depressing here this must be the worst and shortest summer I have ever experienced. There has been the worst flooding in a 100 years down the bottom of the north island along with high winds and storms, its a real crazy occurance for this time of the year tho, usualy its drought time. We thort if we like it in Ausie enough we will stay. if not we can always come back. not a problem. But we are going with the intentions of staying. Its kinda of a why the hell not sort of thing, an adventure. Catherine.
Fair enough

Good luck and enjoy yourselfs
Old Feb 27th 2004, 7:27 am
Adelaide here we come

kittenlips is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: where are you off to?

Originally posted by Bix
Hi kitten,

Have you not heard of the infamous Stepford - I mean Adelaide Wives ? :scared :

Led by a Possum

Yeah I'm hoping to join the clan too
Old Feb 27th 2004, 6:04 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally posted by kittenlips
Yeah I'm hoping to join the clan too
There we are PP.

Kittenlips is another footsoldier for the growing ranks.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Wow! Brissy has taken over!! Lots of people for the expats picnic next year Polly and Mrs D
Old Mar 12th 2004, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally posted by debsy
I thought I would do a poll and see where people are heading for. When I first joined the forum nearly everyone seemed to be going to Perth.
Does anyone else want to vote?

Peter - how do we close the poll?